Who to win?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
It's so boring without Manly in the final four. Watching all the matches without passion is quite an empty experience. 2 years of success really makes a Sea Eagles supporter want more. Smash 'em up in 2010 Manly.

Of the group of numbats who are left this is my '09 winners preference list, and why:

1: Parramatta - I know traditionally Manly supporters hate Parra but these days there are many more rugby league evils to hate than the Eels. Being positioned about 12th in round 20 then getting to where they are now deserves some respect.

2: Bulldogs - Also quite an achievement to come from last in '08 to 2nd in '09. The Bulldogs really should have been minor Premiers as they won more games then those Saints girls.

3: Storm - I intensely dislike this News Limited love child, though there is one team I dislike more.....

4: Broncos!!!

Anyone want to share your thoughts on the boring final four?

No, I have no real affilation with any of the remaining team - the more injuries that require surgery ober the next fortnight the better

The Wheel link said:
No, I have no real affilation with any of the remaining team - the more injuries that require surgery ober the next fortnight the better
That's a bit evil - but funny. I guess two broken legs to Jarryd Hayne is what you're ordering. What about Billy Slater coming clean and admitting he's really a girl that took hormone treatment.

Who ever wins it wins it, thats all I care about, as long as its a good game of footy

I really dont like any of the remaining 4.

I just know that I have an intense hatred for the storm & dogs resulting in an automatic preclusion.

All this still sucks ball$.

Your picks 1 & 2 are the same for me nicci but I would swap your 3 & 4 around.  I would rather that the Broncos knock them out next weekend.  Could you imagine the hype that would go on if they make the Grand Final yet again?  Pass.

If i were to choose then i guess the Dogs first, then Parra, Broncos and Pricks.

Dogs have made a huge effort this year to clean things up although there are still some sections of their fanbase that i truly despise. 
Parra is the other Sydney team and they've got some good players , plus they haven't won a title yet so in keeping with the 'different premiers each year' thing, i'd like them to win.  There are plenty of reasons why i'd love to see them fail too.
Broncos are a nothing team for me really.  They won't win without Wallace.  Hate Folau and Hodges, but nothing can be worse than the Storm.
The only good thing out of the Storm is... dunno.  But i actually don't mind Cronk, hate pretty much the rest of them.  Plus the bragging of 4 GFs in a row or 2 from 4 is something i won't be able to stomach.

So like most of you, i'll hope for some good games, but it's just an empty feeling for me this year.

Im spewing that melbourne will probably win the comp, the broncos injurie woes means they may as well not turn up this week and the dogs and eels shapes to be the last good game of footy we see this year. Either way melbourne will not be beaten in the GF. I can not stress how much that pisses me off!

Slater's head is big enough already so I certainly hope the Storm don't win. The Storm losing another Grand Final would be fun though.
The Broncos losing a GF would be quite good viewing as well. I can't recall if those horsey poos have actually lost a Grand Final so I'd love to watch them lose. Little Darren could throw another tanty.

The positive thing is that in less than a month this season's history. Roll on 2010. Go the Mighty Sea Eagles.

Jethro link said:
Your picks 1 & 2 are the same for me nicci but I would swap your 3 & 4 around.  I would rather that the Broncos knock them out next weekend.  Could you imagine the hype that would go on if they make the Grand Final yet again?  Pass.

Ditto

I dont think the Donkeys can beat the Storm, so Storm will be there.

Its the opponent largely depends on whether Kimmorely has recovered enough from his eye socket fracture or whatever it was to play and play well. Stick a helmet on him and let him run around

Out of the teams remaining I'd most like (or least hate rather) a Melbourne victory. It'd make our win over them last year seem even better if they win the grand finals either side of it.

Dogs 1st, Parra 2nd for me

It pains me I have to cheer for Brisbane this weekend

Would love to be at ANZ this friday, would have been if the 2nd prelim was in Sydney but flagged it with only 1 match

Of the four remaining I could just stand the Bongos winning.  Old hatred for the Slime, the Dogs I just don't care for, and new hatred for the Storm.  Bongos by elimination.  Besides the Bongs are playing the kind of football I used to see us playing.  Hard driving defense and slick backline movements.  Just what happened to that is the question. 

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4