Who supports Croker off bench at 9 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could Croker play lock?

We know he can tackle and would have the necessary ball playing skills for the position. In size and weight, he is pretty similar to Cam Murray and Radley

This would mean Jake to prop which we all want...and gives us a chance to play a more dynamic number 9.
Interesting option , although not sure he could do it for 80 minutes

I don’t have Crocker in the 17, Lawton to start and Gordan of the bench.

Crocker was probably our best player in 2022.

But if he is our starting hooker and best option for the season we arent making the 8, not even close.

He has a big heart and I love him but he really isnt a first grader in a top 4 side, but he isnt alone there.

Could definitely play lock. Perhaps start him at hooker and then move him to lock when gordo or cocka come on.

Locks are dynamic players

Nothing dynamic about Croker

Croker is holding his own until another more dynamic hooker steps up and makes the 9 position his own

The crucial 9 position in the modern game is more than just a defensive role but also a game breaking role

It depends on coaching tactics really.
As its not Des we might see a utility we might find hooker but it could be Lawton, Roache or GCT. Croker may keep his spot but given coach there may be total change.
Seibold did blood hell alot of kids at broncos so he may go down that path.

Nothing is etched in stone anymore. Real competition for selection is essential. Exciting times ahead.

It depends on coaching tactics really.
As its not Des we might see a utility we might find hooker but it could be Lawton, Roache or GCT. Croker may keep his spot but given coach there may be total change.
Seibold did blood hell alot of kids at broncos so he may go down that path.
Although Lawton can play hooker he is more suited in the back row

Roache and CKT are the ones I would rathe see in the 9

Although Lawton can play hooker he is more suited in the back row

Roache and CKT are the ones I would rathe see in the 9
Lawton was not overly impressed in him there tbh. Roache has already had plenty of raps if he can stay fit he be in the mix.

People .. Cocka Roache is not in the 30 ... he is in no one's mix unless we get injuries ...

My bad chief, how many spots do we have left in 30 ?

Not sure we have any ... Cocka was signed to something called a train and replacement contract ... so unlike the train and trial guys ... he is actually signed ... but what triggers his availability seems unknown ...

Locks are dynamic players

Nothing dynamic about Croker

Croker is holding his own until another more dynamic hooker steps up and makes the 9 position his own

The crucial 9 position in the modern game is more than just a defensive role but also a game breaking role
You would be saying the same thing about Matt Ballin if he was in today's team.

He won 2 premierships. Would Croker have won those premierships in the teams Ballin was in? I think so.

It's a bit of a chicken egg situation.

Croker would be fine with a dominant team around him. But seeing he doesn't, then you say we need a better hooker.

Manly need to upgrade either their hooker or their forward pack. (Both would be nice but that's not going to happen)

You would be saying the same thing about Matt Ballin if he was in today's team.

He won 2 premierships. Would Croker have won those premierships in the teams Ballin was in? I think so.

It's a bit of a chicken egg situation.

Croker would be fine with a dominant team around him. But seeing he doesn't, then you say we need a better hooker.

Manly need to upgrade either their hooker or their forward pack. (Both would be nice but that's not going to happen)
The game has evolved since Matt Ballin was with us

The Number nine spine positionn has greatly evolved with it

You are not keeping up with the times Rocky Balboa

The game has evolved since Matt Ballin was with us

The Number nine spine positionn has greatly evolved with it

You are not keeping up with the times Rocky Balboa
Every position has really evolved.

Thats's not what my point was though.

I'll say it again - we either need to upgrade our hooker or upgrade the rest of the forward pack significantly. You are able to carry a serviceable hooker if you have a gun team around him. Sam Verrils won a premiership a few years ago.

Every position has really evolved.

Thats's not what my point was though.

I'll say it again - we either need to upgrade our hooker or upgrade the rest of the forward pack significantly. You are able to carry a serviceable hooker if you have a gun team around him. Sam Verrils won a premiership a few years ago.
Upgrading the hooker position would be a more financial viable proposition than up grading the whole pack

Sam Verrils also got the flick for the more dynamic nine Smith

If you want to win premierships use Flick :)

1671670802394.png

Not sure we have any ... Cocka was signed to something called a train and replacement contract ... so unlike the train and trial guys ... he is actually signed ... but what triggers his availability seems unknown ...
Yeah I am in the dark myself quite confusing

Croker should start. I think Roache or Gordon both have the potential to fill the bench hooker role.

Does anyone know what language was being used in the 'music' in the first video?
It wasn't English as far as I could tell.

Perhaps it was the language of Ebonics? :)

Or - the more ancient language of Jive?

Most of us are on the “ Jake to Prop” bandwagon , so if Froggy was to move to Lock that certainly opens up the hooking role to those already mentioned.

Be very interesting to see what happens .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4