Who supports Croker off bench at 9 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hooker is not the problem. Forwards that make yards is the problem.

As mentioned by a few posters already on here if Croker had forwards doing their jobs and running onto the ball at pace, then he’s done his job sealing up the ruck and distributing the ball.

We need more aggressive forwards. It’s very simple to see we got dominated far too often.

As mentioned by a few posters already on here if Croker had forwards doing their jobs and running onto the ball at pace, then he’s done his job sealing up the ruck and distributing the ball.

We need more aggressive forwards. It’s very simple to see we got dominated far too often.
The Roosters have a very good forward pack and if the vital Hooker position was not a premiership winning factor They would not have pissed off Verills for the more dominant Smith
To give them that winning edge
1672351881140.png

Last edited:

Chicken and egg. The right pass selection is needed from dummy half and it needs to be crisp and accurate. The forwards need to run on to the ball and the dummy runners need to do their job too

Chicken and egg. The right pass selection is needed from dummy half and it needs to be crisp and accurate. The forwards need to run on to the ball and the dummy runners need to do their job too
The Modern day Dominant Dummy half role is not just about the right crip pass
It is also about the formidable speed and skill factor and forersight to take on the defence and take the right options and turn the game around

The Dominant Modern day Hooker does not Hook any more
He Hacks the opposition

Anybody that doesn't think Froggy will continue to evolve and improve ... hasn't been paying attention.
We need improvement from all our players if we are to rise up the ladder and once again challenge for the title that belongs to us
We need to be able to Mix it with the best in every position
1672360722395.png

Hookers who engage / beat the markers and get forwards running onto the ball create opportunities.
Stand and pass is useless especially with DCE's style of play.

Anybody that doesn't think Froggy will continue to evolve and improve ... hasn't been paying attention.
He’s been improving , year on year , unlike some of the forwards who just plod along having the occasional good game.

I’ve been saying for donkeys that we are short an agressive no nonsense Prop , and a wide running rangy second rower , and a good backup hooker to give the Frog a rest.

Cam Smith went alright at hooker and it was all down to his ability to read a game and marshall his forwards effectively. Hookers can get away with being slow across the ground as long as they are quick between the ears.
Croker is still learning his craft and I expect him to continue to improve as he grows his confidence in what is still a relatively new position for him. Possibly the only upside of the Manase situation is that Croker now knows he has a long term future as 1st choice hooker and will have extra motivation to become the best he can be.

Croker certainly doesnt have a long term future as a hooker, he is a fill in at best, if seibold and the recruitment team are not looking at other options for the future well they are not doing their job properly

I’ve been saying for donkeys that we are short an agressive no nonsense Prop , and a wide running rangy second rower , and a good backup hooker to give the Frog a rest.
We need a creative and dynamic hooker to give our team a boost

More than a back up hooker to give the Frog a rest

Croker certainly doesnt have a long term future as a hooker, he is a fill in at best, if seibold and the recruitment team are not looking at other options for the future well they are not doing their job properly
IMO Croker has peaked from ordinary player to satisfactory player

Peaked to Satisfactory meaning he does an acceptable job but not outstanding

Which leaves room for improvement to our number 9 critical spine position

Some on here believe he has not peaked and in season 2023 time will tell

If Croker plays 9, I think he needs to start the game with a more attacking hooker, e.g. Gordon Chan* on the bench. However, I would prefer a more natural organising hooker to start the game. Hopefully, Gordon or someone else can fulfill this role. In which case, I think Croker is well suited to the utility no. 14 role as he can play hooker, in the halves and I remember him subbing admirably in the centres on one or two occasions in 2020. At this stage, it appears Weekes might be the best option for an impact player off the bench.

* His brother, Jonathon Chan, was lock in the 2022 Ball side, so maybe we can use similar nomenclature for Gordon?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8