Who supports Croker off bench at 9 ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
There are a few candidates bursting at the seams for opportunity and have the talent to do so !!
In 2023 the option off the bench to add thrust is a MUST with the speed of the game and this needs to be taken advantage of by every team in the comp and we have some handy "young and talented " options.

Young Gordon showed ability in trials 2022 and will have trained hard to fight for a spot and has that crisp pass creating momentume at the advantage line and sharp spring in his running game.
Roache is an extraordinary talent and "IF" he is injury free - is my Top tip, this bloke CAN play.
Humphreys though a half, can also excel here and will trial at dummy half also and though seen as a future halves option, also doubles as a 9 in the modern game which club officials are well aware of.
The versatile Weekes would create nightmares from dummy half, but is 100% being suited as a 1.

What are a few ideas, thoughts and left field opinions....even including the wily DCE as an option if you dare @:blush:

I do like the idea of Croker getting through his work early on doing the hard yards in defence, and bringing another hooker with a bit more attacking spark on when everyone starts to slow down. Roache, GCKT and even Lawton from what ive seen all have that high energy in attack that keeps the oppostion guessing. Lawton is a little less crisp in the ball delivery but can sniff the try line out like any elite hooker.
My pick yould be 9.Croker 14.GCKT as long as Gordan is ready to step up into the NRL. That being said Lawton is definitely deserving of a top 17 spot also.

I do like the idea of Croker getting through his work early on doing the hard yards in defence, and bringing another hooker with a bit more attacking spark on when everyone starts to slow down. Roache, GCKT and even Lawton from what ive seen all have that high energy in attack that keeps the oppostion guessing. Lawton is a little less crisp in the ball delivery but can sniff the try line out like any elite hooker.
My pick yould be 9.Croker 14.GCKT as long as Gordan is ready to step up into the NRL. That being said Lawton is definitely deserving of a top 17 spot also.
This

^

Nailed it in my opinion !!

"Cocka" Roache can only figure in the conversation if we have injuries I believe ... but agree, looks the goods ..

GCKT seems a likely lad ...

But until we see what he brings to the table in the defensive dep't ... I'm happy to stick with froggy ...

Our middle defence is critical to any success ... no conversation about hooker can exist without considering it.

As far as reducing Froggy's minutes ... yeah, nay ... if needed the #14 should be chosen with this in mind .. which probably rules GCKT out, unless you have a 2nd rower on the bench that can cover centre ...

Im 100% for GCKT - he's
Fast out of dummy half
Scores tries from Dummy
and is a good thief to steel the ball
and I noticed quite a few good tacklesas well
anyhow we should blood him to see how he goes in 1st grade against 1st graders

Depends. If Gordie or Roache get a go and are able to add something good in attack they may well end up with more minutes. Then Crokes can go at even higher intensity while he's on.

Lawton will have a late start so will have to battle back into the 17 if someone else has seized their chance. If all fit, maybe a bench of Gordie/Roach at 14, then Lawton plus 2 props?

Lawton seems like the logical choice because he covers multiple positions. Don't really want a bench player that can only cover hooker and will be lucky to get more than 20 min.
Lawton is reliable but not that added speedy thrust and impact, more a backrower imo.
I think the blokes like Roache, GCKT and Humphreys can fill in multiple positions including covering the halves, which can be very handy if your 6 or 7 need a seat.
Also if a 9 off the bench is used properly, should be injected into the game at the 25 minute point and also get a shift 2nd half to add momentum through the tired middles so 30mins plus.
But you are right and as evidence, Lawton has already played there for Manly.

Croker needs a break he makes errors at dummy half when fatigued. We have a few candidates it’s very interesting. Injuries will provide and take away opportunities.

I don’t have Crocker in the 17, Lawton to start and Gordan of the bench.
Croker is very improved and see him as a starter, but definitely a fair call you make and I'm happy to see who steps up and if the challenge is real and a deserving candidate raises the bar and takes the reins, that's a great thing for the team and the fans.

Could Croker play lock?

We know he can tackle and would have the necessary ball playing skills for the position. In size and weight, he is pretty similar to Cam Murray and Radley

This would mean Jake to prop which we all want...and gives us a chance to play a more dynamic number 9.

Could Croker play lock?

We know he can tackle and would have the necessary ball playing skills for the position. In size and weight, he is pretty similar to Cam Murray and Radley

This would mean Jake to prop which we all want...and gives us a chance to play a more dynamic number 9.
Could definitely play lock. Perhaps start him at hooker and then move him to lock when gordo or cocka come on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4