Who replaces Cleary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Townsend should be next. Leave Graham on the bench.
Couldn't understand why the Warriors bought Townsend years ago. Then I couldn't understand why the Sharks bought him back. Up until that time I didn't think he was that great for 1st Grade. But, the guy has "plied his trade", earnt a premiership ring and is entitled to be seriously considered for Game 3.
Maybe he has let himself down, terrible image, hasn't been caught drunk or urinating on the coppers, snorting a few lines, bashing his partner/women/guys outside of pubs. Is he a footballer?

Won’t even be an issue. Graham is an absolute certainty after that performance from the blues. People forget he actually was as a five eight in first grade at Penrith and was a half as a junior and has a decent kicking game. Origin is a different beast and I actually think Graham may have the gig for a while. He is as skilful any five eight down the left , mixes it physically with any opponent which is important in origin and kicks well as his deft kick for Ado Carr showed.

Not knocking Mitch as I rate the new version of Mitch very highly but they would be absolutely crazy to pick Pearce and put him under that pressure. Regardless of how he plays he’ll cop it if they lose. And you don’t need him with Jimmy calling the shots.Too much alike.

Klemmer back in will be only change and Ryan Matterson to take Graham’s place is my bet.
If klemmer is back in then Graham couldn't also be replaced. Klemmer starts and saifiti to bench. I actually also think it would be a big gamble to play Graham at 5.8 for a full origin match. Look what happens when chez has a makeshift half outside him at manly. You need genuine halves that play it week in and week out

Little whisper from North of the border is that DCE will backflip on QLD and come back to us and join the mighty manly Jurbo brothers and pick up the 3/2-1 man of match for a series between them

If klemmer is back in then Graham couldn't also be replaced. Klemmer starts and saifiti to bench. I actually also think it would be a big gamble to play Graham at 5.8 for a full origin match. Look what happens when chez has a makeshift half outside him at manly. You need genuine halves that play it week in and week out

Sorry. Should have worded it better.I meant a similar sort of player to Graham on bench in Matterson, not directly replacing him.

I’d swap Klemmer directly for Vaughan so a prop rotation of Jake Klemmer and Safiti with Simms, Murray and Matterson on bench.Liked the look of Safiti.Just don’t buy into the hype on Vaughan.Unlikely to happen as Freddy won’t want to drop anyone from a winning side but Matterson gives the side better balance.

Makeshift is overstating it in my opinion.Graham played his entire life in the halves including 40 games in the halves at Penrith till he went to Cronulla where his size and skill and other good half options put him into the backrow. His kicking game is fine.You don’t play two seasons at half in first grade without a kicking game and elite players don’t forget how to kick a football. He is a field goal option at the Sharks as well.He just doesn’t have to use his kicking game as much these days. That kick for Ado Carr in terms of eyes up footy and execution is as good as it gets.

Throw in the fact his defence is really physical as well which is huge when defending big agile right side edge runners like Kafusi and Fifita in Origin.Cook has a good kick on him too out of dummy half.

Freddy won’t risk Townsend in a decider, Reynolds ain’t fit and Pearce is a risk mentally despite his great form and is way too similar to Jimmy.
Easy decision in my book but Freddy is a lateral thinker so who knows.

Last edited:
Anyone but Pearce.

Graham slotted in perfectly last night, why not keep him as Maloney's halves partner for game 3 & bring another utility in on the bench?

because you then have time to target Maloney with a game plan knowing that Graham will be playing fairly simple and second fiddle.

because you then have time to target Maloney with a game plan knowing that Graham will be playing fairly simple and second fiddle.

I dont think Graham played second fiddle in the 2nd half the other night.

I agree with @Sue in regards to Graham's ability at 5/8th.

Wade Graham had an excellent game 2 performance. Watching him run and direct play as a makeshift half reminded me of some past blues performances that have gone down in origin folklore. Graham really brought back to mind Freddy Fittler, Greg Bird and Shaun Timmins during that match. In saying that, I still think Wade is best used off the bench to inject some starch in defence and covers injuries like he was able to on Sunday.
I’d prefer Townsend or Reynolds to start. Even walker ahead of Pearce. It’s both a matter or principle and respect for QLD. Pearce would instil a warranted confidence in QLD’s chances to sew up the series and we shouldn’t gift them a mental edge like that.
My preferred options would be;
1.Townsend
2.Reynolds
3. Walker
4. Wighton (Latrell to centres)

Freddy has earned my support either way, but I hope he remembers Pearce’s Origin legacy

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8