Who is actually to blame ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is actually to blame for us losing games this year ?

• Total voters

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
There is a lot of finger pointing going on, so who is really to blame for us losing games this year ?

Everyone is lathering themselves up, so rather than have ill direction steer us onto the rocks, why don’t we at least find out (collectively) who we think is actually to blame for our current predicament.

Scott Penn has decided that a successful football club that has been in 10 finals in a row and eight premierships isn't the right kind of business so he is going to do it his way and ruin the place to feed his ego. Oh and a coach with 10 injuries to starting players with a Prelim Final, GF runner Up, Prelim final coaching record is suddenly incompetent. These Penns are a blight on our club and are the cause of every single drama that we have had since they bought in. they are obviously petty white ants.

Scott Penn has decided that a successful football club that has been in 10 finals in a row and eight premierships isn't the right kind of business so he is going to do it his way and ruin the place to feed his ego. Oh and a coach with 10 injuries to starting players with a Prelim Final, GF runner Up, Prelim final coaching record is suddenly incompetent. These Penns are a blight on our club and are the cause of every single drama that we have had since they bought in. they are obviously petty white ants.

Here here I agree with you on your post !!

not going to put up injuries as an option?

We are yet to finish a game with the 17 we started

Put Quantum on the list of choices.

I will argue until I red in the face, that our problems stem from letting Glenn Stewart go. A number of very important and influential players lost their desire for the jersey when that happened, and the snowball effect has been devastating.

We are paying for terrible communication which has disintegrated any team harmony that was there and crushed the togetherness that was at the heart of the success of the club.

Without sitting on the fence, I feel it's almost been a perfect storm (well perfect for every other team) that has just rocked the living **** out of us. I think pretty much everything listed has contributed to this, the divided and fighting board, which was very publicly was feuding. This then led to people taking sides, which then meant people/players (and perhaps current coaches) getting offside with people who are now back involved (ie Zorba). The circus surrounding Foran/DCE hasn't helped, and of course neither did the Gifty situation. Throw in Watmough and his bs at the end of last year, then throw in bad injuries this year......It tyhasn't helped that the golden generation of the Stewarts, Matai, Lyon, Watmough, King, Kite was coming to end a year or so ago, and then you have a new generation coming through wanting to stamp its authority.

The list just goes on and on and on and on.

Unfortunately I now believe the situation with current personnel is completely unworkable. A clean out is required. Quite simply things just aren't working. I feel desperately sorry for Tooves, because I feel he has been badly let down, but he needs to go. We need a new approach to rectify this situation, and we need it fast. We cannot wait 2 or 3 years and see more player like the Turbos, Gutherson etc leave. Plus I think we are starting to see our recruitment struggle. In previous years players would have jumped to come to Manly, and for less money. They knew they were a big chance of a premiership, not any more. We are going to have to pay overs for run of the mill reserve graders.

• 👍
Reactions: Baz
we'll come good again, the key is holding onto our youth,hopefully whoever is running the club makes this a priority. we have some good players -it takes time - it's called first grade for a reason. Patience… we're just not used to being crap. We will rise again - we have too many good young players not to and after all we're Manly FFS!!

I will argue until I red in the face, that our problems stem from letting Glenn Stewart go. A number of very important and influential players lost their desire for the jersey when that happened, and the snowball effect has been devastating.

Fair point. Quantum added to the poll.

TO be honest with the poll starter - Gifty not being offered a contract, to me, is the start of what we see now. Odd it isn't there.

Its a combination of those things. Players not putting in (letting gift go caused this?), a rabble at board level, injuries, poor recruitment/retention and poor coaching. Put all those together and you have our current situation.

The biggest issue is we had a champion side that was getting on in age and our transition plan didn't work. The plan was to let some of the older players go so we could build around DCE and Foran ect This failed too fold when we let Gift go which upset half the team and DCE and Foran decided to sign elsewhere.

Last edited:
That has nothing to do with it! It's a new season. They've been gone since last year!
It has everything to do with it cause the seeds of this self destruction started with the Glen Steward saga and the total failure of communication which sowed the seeds of discontent in the side that have let 4 key players either leave or are about to leave. We were so strong and it is all gone to pot.

It has everything to do with it cause the seeds of this self destruction started with the Glen Steward saga and the total failure of communication which sowed the seeds of discontent in the side that have let 4 key players either leave or are about to leave. We were so strong and it is all gone to pot.
Ask those players were they happy to leave? 1 from 4 would say yes!

Fair point. Quantum added to the poll.

TO be honest with the poll starter - Gifty not being offered a contract, to me, is the start of what we see now. Odd it isn't there.

It was added as per Snakes post as "Quantum"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7