Who here actually went to all 8 sucessful grand finals?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I went to the 82 and 83 GFs at the SCG. I can't find the words to express how painful those losses were to the Eels.

On the positive side I was at the 87 GF and more recently the 2011 one. Happy days!

I regret missing all the other victories but none more so than the 2008 one.

I have been to all our grand final victories. Its difficult to answer when anyone asks "which one was the best?" They were all great for their time, 1972 was special being the first, I was in my early teens and remember it like yesterday. My grandsons took me to the 2011 GF and yes they are all Manly fans.

I also remember the GF loses, bloody Parra in the 80s and of course the one that no one wants to be reminded about.

Earnie the Eagle said:
I have been to all our grand final victories. Its difficult to answer when anyone asks "which one was the best?" They were all great for their time, 1972 was special being the first, I was in my early teens and remember it like yesterday. My grandsons took me to the 2011 GF and yes they are all Manly fans.

I also remember the GF loses, bloody Parra in the 80s and of course the one that no one wants to be reminded about.

Lol @ 90 cents.

I was at the 82/83 GFs to Frank and I'm with you , speechless

Then went to 07, thought I was never going to see a win while I was at the ground .

All faith was restored 08 . Also speechless , legless & slightly mindless . What a day / nite .

In 1972 I was 17, lived in the country and Dad wouldn't let me go (I was still at school at the time). In 1973 I was 18, was getting about $22 a week in wages, still lived in the bush and just couldn't afford to go.

Have never missed one since!!

82/83 were bloody hard, but get 95/97 wasn't a lot easier.

It's funny but never thought we'd win 2007 so took that loss as well as you could.

As to the greatest...87 the final game at the SCG was a special day, but like you all will NEVER forget the 76th minute of 2008!!

I wonder how Sharks fans go when this topic comes up??

Mark from Brisbane said:
In 1972 I was 17, lived in the country and Dad wouldn't let me go (I was still at school at the time). In 1973 I was 18, was getting about $22 a week in wages, still lived in the bush and just couldn't afford to go.

Have never missed one since!!

82/83 were bloody hard, but get 95/97 wasn't a lot easier.

It's funny but never thought we'd win 2007 so took that loss as well as you could.

As to the greatest...87 the final game at the SCG was a special day, but like you all will NEVER forget the 76th minute of 2008!!

I wonder how Sharks fans go when this topic comes up??

72nd minute :p

73,73,76,78,08,11 and the replays mid week. Missed 87 and 96

[attachment=425]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361948968.245750.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 20
sheridanstand78 said:
I remember being burnt to a crisp in 1987 as we dismantled the green machine.

I will always remember the Manly supporters club in the old Sheridan Stand and how they drove the team on. Wonderful memories. As a young fan it left an impression on me that sealed my permanent love for Manly.

God it was hot that day in '87. We were sitting just along from the big group of Manly flags at the Randwick end getting burnt like hell all day.
Yeah that group of supporters in the Sheridan Stand was always awesome. We sat with them a couple of times. I especially remember a game against Easts in about 75 or 76. we were down by about 3 tries and came storming home. Ray Brannigan went over in the corner in front of the Sheridan Stand in the last minute and we thought we won but it was disallowed. The Manly support in that stand that day was something I'll never forget. Throwing masses of streamers up into the roof truses of those old stands. Chucking tonnes of cut up newspaper off the front row of the Bradman stand at semi final time. God they were great days growing up.

Earnie the Eagle said:

Wow you actually went to every single one our grand final wins!? How I wish I was around to go to them. I only went to 08 and 11 Grand Finals and they were the only Grand Final games I've been to. Ah great memories.

bones said:
Earnie the Eagle said:

Lol @ 90 cents.
Great achievement Earnie, I hope there are more coming up soon for you.
And yes, 90 cents, man you were ripped off!

WE are so very lucky to be following a club that consistantly gets in the big ones, just imagine if you were a Sharks supporter (you just have to give it to them they sure are passionate to stick around this long).

Some great times but some sad times as well...82/83 was really hard, we were so good back then and to miss out was just tragic.

The one that hurt me most was 1997, what a game....I have it on DVD but have NEVER watched it. Sitting at the Stadium that day and experiencing what I did scarred me for life.

The worst was 1995. Only losing two games all year heading in to the GF. Then not scoring a try all day when it mattered. And against the scum of the league to make it worse.

It's a real toss up between '83 and '95 for me. I think '83 hurt me the worst because it was Parra, it was revenge and we had won everything on offer that year and we clobbered them in the major semi. We were odds on to win in '83 and wow was i pissed off after. We got to the SCG at about 4 in the morning stood outside the gates behind the Noble/ Bradman stand ,piss heads were setting fire to the gates, moron Parra supporters were getting arrested, got our seats down on the fence on the halfway and then sat there all day to watch that filth beat us up again.
The one saving grace was at least we got to drive back home over the bridge to Killarney Heights instead of busing it to Blacktown

bones said:
The worst was 1995. Only losing two games all year heading in to the GF. Then not scoring a try all day when it mattered. And against the scum of the league to make it worse.

I was in therapy after 95, came good in 96 but was admitted to a psych ward after 97...I still have nightmares and wake up in cold sweats from that GF...strong men broke down and cried that day.

'95 was nothing but a blatant robbery. Ward was disgusting that day. The worst exhibition of corrupt refereeing I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6