Who else is going to Melbourne?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That's garbage, bay10/11 at AAMI is normally cat 3, so have the nrl changed that for the finals, that is just a rip off

Who's the cheapest in flights to Melbourne? And what's the best area for accommodation? Me and my brother are thinking of making the trip down aami park since we haven't been there before!

Correct Kate

Here is the AAMI interactive seating plan from early last week

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/default.aspx?s=seating-plan

that shows Bays 10/11 as Cat 3 seating - but here

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=NRLSTOPF12

Those bays have gone up in price and stature as they have become CAT 2 seats?

Also, Bay 9 was a CAT 2 bay but for the semi is now away CAT1 (at a cost of $80 plus fees for an adult.

Hmmmm..Still wondering why people aren't flocking in their millions to the live games?

vidmar said:
"Was early in October
It was a special day
We travelled out to Homebush
To see the Eagles play
Melbourne were excited
They sensed an easy kill
You should have seen their faces
When we beat them 40 - nil!!!!

Forty Nil Forty Nil Forty Nil ( repeat )

I just had to quote this. :D

And also earlier this afternoon I was on Manly's website having a look at the items in the shop. I purchased five items. Most of them are for my car and will be joining the stickers, NRL number plates which are in number plate holders, the Sea Eagles fluffy dice hanging from the rear-vision mirror and two Manly flags on the back windows one on each side. All of which are from the club except for the number plates.
When the items arrive the inside is going to be decked out (as is the outside) with strong support for our Manly boys with a Manly wheel cover set, a suction figurine- one on the front window and the other on the back window. And in a few weeks time, I'll be receiving Manly car seat covers with Manly car floor mats for the back and front floor- these won't be from the club. I'm going to receive them from HamperKing.
Of course the flags are only on display for the finals. The rest of the memorabilia is on display all year round.
This lot of memorabilia is only few of the things I have of Manly. I've got a lllaaarrrgggeee collection of Manly memorabilia.
I'm am MMMAAADDD about Manly! :D

Was going to go but then the dam kids made their hockey grand finals which are on friday night and saturday morning. I've settled for hoping the friday night game is in the 5.30 timeslot instead of the 6.30 or heaven forbid 7.30 game!

Can't make it sorry, have missed the last 3 Fridays at work so feel bad about the 4th one :( Hopefully you all bring the boys home and do us proud. I want to go to Homebush!!

Damien2812 said:
Who's the cheapest in flights to Melbourne? And what's the best area for accommodation? Me and my brother are thinking of making the trip down aami park since we haven't been there before!

Try these sites:
The accommodation can be anywhere as the tram goes right near the MCG/AAMI. You can walk it easy from the city.

Flights are more expensive now as its under 7 days to go:
http://www.skyscanner.com.au/flights/syd/mel/120921/120923/airfares-from-sydney-kingsford-smith-to-melbourne-tullamarine-in-september-2012.html

Hotels:
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.en-gb.html?sid=d2ec36cbd1dd21f569859292b7f34c6a;dcid=1;checkin_monthday=21;checkin_year_month=2012-9;checkout_monthday=22;checkout_year_month=2012-9;city=-1586844;class_interval=1;review_score_group=empty;si=ai%2Cco%2Cci%2Cre%2Cdi;ssb=empty;radius=1;order=price_for_two

I'm in. Bay 9. Furious at those prices when the best they can offer us is the 10 metre line. Complete joke.

Can't wait to cheer them on (extremely loud) with you guys.

So the Manly priority bays we want to fill at the very least are:

Cat 1: Bay 9 (on the 10 metre line eastern side)
Cat 2: Bay 10 & Bay 11 (more on the try line eastern side - towards the east/south corner)

It's a deadset a joke....we bought Cat 1 tickets for the MWTS group for Saturday night, bang on half way in bay 35.

If we were buying the same for them on this Friday night it would be on the 10 Metre line...how is that fair???

Shame on you NRL, Bay 5 or 6 should have had a small area for Manly supporters!!

However in saying that at $80 plus for a Cat 1 ticket, I agree is it any wonder people just watch on TV???

And I suppose the media will be up us for not travelling this week as well!!!

SUCKS BIG TIME

Someone posting elsewhere the Melb v’s Manly PAX number was at 4,550 at 10.08am, so after 8 mins that the amount of tickets/sold or allocated so far!!

A pretty good start in early sales … and assuming a bunch of tickets taken out of the system early with the tickets sold so far?

Ok update from Vidmar,

The MWTS Group will be seated in Bay 10 (with some entries from Aisle 9 and others from Ailse 10)...basically Cat 2 seats. it was decided to not pay the Premium for Cat 1 as they were on the 10 metre line and the others on the Try line...no big difference.

SO

If anyone else decide to go to Melbourne and you are buying your own tickets, can we suggest you head for Bay 10 / Cat 2...of if you want to pay the Premium Bay 9 / Cat 1......the MWTS Group (50 odd) are in Row A, B, C and D...so right at the front moving upwards.

Bob will update everyone by E-Mail as soon as he can.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4