Who could this be in Rothfield’s column?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I hope I’m wrong But AFB was one of the first to
Come
Out and stick up for Hastings that’s why I think it might be him
Well Manly gave AFB a lifeline when punted by the Dragons for off field discretions (domestic violence i think). If that's how he repays the club then f$%k off. We have others more than capable & willing to take his place. I hope it's only Red Cheeks Rothfield rubbish............

Can't be Lane because he isn't walking out in protest, he's going for more money.

Must be someone else. The only other player I have heard that seemed to really defend Hastings was AFB. I really hope he doesn't go anywhere.
But let's not let the truth get in the way of a 'good' story, especially when it involves Manly :rolleyes:

Just trying to spoil our party after yesterday's win by manufacturing old news about Lane's departure :mad:

Doubt it's AFB who's close mates with several players and in any case extended his contract to 2020..

I dunno.

More interested in who is knocking at my door.

Go 'way, don't come 'round here no more.
Can't you see that it's late at night?
I'm very tired, and I'm not feeling right.
All I wish is to be alone;
Stay away, don't you invade my home.
Best off if you hang outside,
Don't come in, I'll only run and hide.

Last edited:
If they start winning more footy games and dig in like yesterday....this will blow over....players talk on emotion at times, but winning games is the best bond.
Every club will have players who say this stuff every week- you get that in every job then next week “ I love this place, would never leave”.....it’s ppl - it’s life - it’s Rothfield being a drunken fu**tard again.

Good on Lane for being a mate. (if it is him)
There is no place in business for mates but it's very Australian to stand by a mate when he's got his back to the wall.
Very Australian or just what friends all over the world do.

It is very Australian though to promote ourselves above anyone else in a better light.

Again mentioned in the Telegraph’s article with Darcy Lussick:

“The Daily Telegraph understands a Manly player may walk out on the club at the end of the season in protest at the treatment of Hastings”.

To me this would suggest the player they are talking about is not Lane given he has already been confirmed as gone.

“The Daily Telegraph understands a Manly player may walk out on the club at the end of the season in protest at the treatment of Hastings”.

To me this would suggest the player they are talking about is not Lane given he has already been confirmed as gone.
May walk.

It's looking much better, the story started as a 'Manly star', now it's merely a 'Manly player'.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6