Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Who could this be in Rothfield’s column?

HK_Eagle

Very Australian or just what friends all over the world do.

It is very Australian though to promote ourselves above anyone else in a better light.
Ohhhhh, that explains the funny stares I've gotten from the local savages for the last 20 years abroad as I've tried to educate them about "mateship"... Oh well, perhaps I could join some religious organisation and help the savages out with their morality instead. @:p

Haliaeetus

if we humour the author and presume it's correct, and if matesship is the primary driver behind leaving the club, then it's odds on not AFB since he seems to be best mates with Fainu and Suli. Does anyone have access to the guidelines around matesship so we can tell whether standing up for one fairly close mate trumps not bailing on your two best mates?

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Released with full payout hardly equates to 'Discarded' :wait:

Completing a contract and moving on for more monies hardly equates to 'Walk out' :rolleyes:

Question not being asked is why this doyen of league is not being recruited by other Clubs :nerd:
Also neatly forgotten in all this is the fact that the Roosters who at the time were in need of a half let him rot in Wyong, the Dragons let him go but Manly are jerks for having enough of whatever crap he was serving up...

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Also it's probably his main bro squeeze Lane who has more or less suffered the same fate as Hastings at numerous clubs prior to joining us...

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Hey RothTurd ..... put your money where the bottle usually goes .... and convince your mates at the guppies to sign him .....

lsz

Staff member
To be fair he is not derailing is after a win...this would have been “written” on Friday before the lunch time beers

lurker

Beaver lover
All you need to know about rothfield's journalism is summed up in this. He was talking about michael morgan for queensland ignoring the fact he was ruled out for the season 3 weeks ago. Terrific rugby league journalist with his finger well and truly on the pulse @:rolleyes: :sick: o_O

delz

All you need to know about rothfield's journalism is summed up in this. He was talking about michael morgan for queensland ignoring the fact he was ruled out for the season 3 weeks ago. Terrific rugby league journalist with his finger well and truly on the pulse @:rolleyes: :sick: o_O
Yeah that was a classic. He was adamant QLD pick Morgan in the centres before Hughes quite embarrassingly had to tell him he was ruled our for the season ! What a complete nutter !!

Mitch

Someone asked Rothfield on his blog today to which he said:

“ I don’t want to embarrass the player. It will be revealed in about 8 weeks when the player is in a position to talk”.

Someone then asked if it was Shaun Lane, which Rothfield ‘liked’.

Make of that what you will.

I dare say it may be old mate Lane and Buzz will come out with a Gladstone exclusive after our season wraps up and Lane is off to Parra.

Roger

Someone asked Rothfield on his blog today to which he said:

“ I don’t want to embarrass the player. It will be revealed in about 8 weeks when the player is in a position to talk”.

Someone then asked if it was Shaun Lane, which Rothfield ‘liked’.

Make of that what you will.

I dare say it may be old mate Lane and Buzz will come out with a Gladstone exclusive after our season wraps up and Lane is off to Parra.
and he didnt like any other comments that i noticed so it was a big hint, old news really

HappilyManly

Could be Perret as he was rumoured to be touring Penrith :rolleyes:

Ultimately it will be for an increased contract amount anyway :)

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
If Barrett goes to Penrith, what's the chance Api will follow. Could solve the Fainu dilemma. Api has been great for us, though I think Manly blundered letting Parcell go, who has been a sensation in the UK scoring almost a try every second game (amazing for a hooker). But Fainu looks the goods and could eventually be a rep player.

Kevinward777

Just another recycled Buzz C0ckfield rumour. I love watching him go through alcohol withdrawals, tremblling like a frightened kitten on live television.

tookey

If Barrett goes to Penrith, what's the chance Api will follow. Could solve the Fainu dilemma. Api has been great for us, though I think Manly blundered letting Parcell go, who has been a sensation in the UK scoring almost a try every second game (amazing for a hooker). But Fainu looks the goods and could eventually be a rep player.
And he can take Lewis Brown back with him

joeboy

Super Coach Member
If Barrett goes, he is more likely to take the talented juniors than the proven firsts.

qldeagle

Everytime I see Rothtool interview I think he's gunna pass away on the spot He's just trying to get over the 1973 flogging in the GF Suck $hit Frothtool you're a farking clown.

Latest posts

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18