Which Williams was worth while

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Interesting stats from Friday night

Sonny played 74 had 7 runs for 47 metres and made 21 tackles

Tony played 80 had 12 runs for 103 metres with 23 tackles

Most who watched the game would say Sonny dominated while Tony was awol however if you just looked at the stats (without the list of try scorers) you would say Tony played better.

This is one of the best examples of how stats alone don't prove very much.

On a side note the next most used backrower for the dogs played 53 minutes with the rest at 42 22 40 21 & 43 so Tony's 80 stands out like well dogs balls

Why is it so, is Tony just that much fitter than the other forwards.

Tony is a superstar. It's a shame for the Dogs that Des can't play him 160 mins per game, then you could double those stats and he probably would have dropped the ball over the try line twice too.

the mauler said:
You left a few stats out that might be of some relevance. 2 tries and a try assist for SBW.
Yes but more often than not a player is shown to have had a better game based on metres & tackles made over minutes played.

This was just a perfect example of how these can be misleading.

Sonny scored a try anyone could have scored, and a good one through a strong run, and threw a good pass, out side of that hardly looked interested in running the ball

However the 9 commentators were talking it up as 1 of the greatest individual efforts of all time lol

I feel sorry for Rex. He seems a nice bloke and plenty of people that bag him would move employers for a big pay rise. I honestly never have seen him as am 80 minute player, but when you get the big bucks you cant bench that much salary cap

What i dont get is. I see benji Marshall as the same. would be awesome off the bench but pay him a motza and you have to get a return in minutes played.

Benji and Tony both go missing in games, both need motivation beyond the game, both are the absolute top of the tree when they are heavily involved but benji is a top ten player in the world apparently

You just have to be on the right side of the commentators it seems

MissKate said:
T-Rex was the pawn in the dogs/des/todd/Manly saga, he is now paying the price

Sonny was the pawn in the Dogs/French Rugby/Folkes/Mundine saga, now he's reaping the rewards.

Tony was actually one of the Dogs best, if yo don't count the ball boys.

I thought The dogs were on top until that kick.

You know the won that commences play, the kick-off.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Sonny scored a try anyone could have scored, and a good one through a strong run, and threw a good pass, out side of that hardly looked interested in running the ball

However the 9 commentators were talking it up as 1 of the greatest individual efforts of all time lol

If anyone else played like Sonny did on Friday night you'd give them a wrap. Don'tllet yyour Sonny hate cloud your judgement

I didn't say he played poorly, just not the great game he was talked up as having

I'd rate Horo's effort about the game he had any day of the week personally

SBW played well, but IMO he was the second best NZ international playing in the Roosters forwards on that day.

That was definitely T-Rex's best performance for the Dog's so far.

Even though I don't like the guy $BW was on fire he played awesome.

And for him to apologise to the fans for walking out on them was a good move.

$BW should get involved and earn his paycheck, letting the rest of the guys do the hard stuff for him whilst he plays a few glory plays.

If he keeps it up coaches will be able to adapt to that little input and he will add no value at all

Re- T.rex almost scoring against the Roosters, Friday night. Round 6.
T.rex- "Hey Des, I got over the line, just like you asked me to!!"
Des H- Without the ball tho', mate.
TR-Oh..the ball..you wanted the ball over too?
DH-Yes, mate.
TR- Just like I used to at Manly?
DH-yeah, just like at Manly.
TR-So..like..the ball thing, is that like every time I cross the line?
DH-Yeah, mate, every time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4