Which round will Trent be fired?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Roughly how long will Trent Barrett last???

• 1-5 weeks and he's gone. Bad start Like 2016 no longer acceptable

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 6-10 weeks then it's back to the hairdressers

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • 11-15 weeks until he joins me in the Centrelink queue

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 16-20 weeks before he coaches Uzbekistan Rugby League

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 21-26 weeks - not making the finals two years in a row is unacceptable

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Finals footy! He made it and will be allowed to stay!

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters
He hasnt been successful anywhere to date - mediocre rosters can do just fine in this comp with heart, desire, commitment, discipline and some solid gameplans with player buy in...Titans anyone???? Lets be fair dinkum here - our players look like they dont actually have a freaking coach... it simply isnt working. Cut the cord now and lets get moving FORWARD ffs.. we are digging a deeper hole for ourselves from one week to the next. Give Ivan the reins for the rest of the year and lets take it from there. He can make HARD decisions because everyone would expect that now and support it.
Where do you honestly place our team this year? I see as out of the 8 so the team is playing how I expect it. It does not mean I am happy but it is what it is

Regardless of the coach I think a team missing that many front rowers and cap space (from Brett and Steve M) would struggle. Also the massive player turn over does not help things

Can he coach? I am still not sold either way
how many games have we won with all our forwards in the last 2 years ? its our coach mate

I think that he won't get sacked until bozo can find a better coach who is willing to have very limited control and be a yes man to bozo & Co.

It's not just manly supporters asking questions - anyone who follows the game is questioning whether he can coach. He's got no runs on the board at all.

The poor bloke mustn't have a lot of confidence either. To keep losing like this without any experience as a first grade coach must be starting to take its toll. It's impossible to build on anything or to even understand what works when you have a 13 percent winning ratio or whatever his stats are. He must be second guessing everything he does and with the noose starting to tighten he can probably barely think straight.

My thoughts are that Silvertails has gone feral, we are at a low point but never ever have I seen such a bucket load of negativity.

If this continues I might have to take a holiday.
I hear Tazzie is nice.. I may come with you.. :) Hopefully Baz & Bozo will be gone when we return.

That's why having an experienced assistant coach in Cartwright must be a godsend. At least Cartwright has lots of experience in what doesn't work.
Lol. So true. I am and was always in the camp of why the $$$$ did we ever sign this guy. He was shocking at the Titans and I could not see why we wanted him here at Manly. Especially after the success we had from 07 to 14 when we flogged his teams.

What could he possibly contribute other than to tell Trent how good we were when Des and Tooves coached.

I do know he was assistant at the cows in 2015 and I think he made the semis in 09 so I guess he must have some kind of understanding of success even if it was only a year or two but that wasn't enough to ever convince me.

A fair few of you are death riding this poor bloke so time to put your name to a week and potentially have a moment of "I told you so" fame!!!!

Pick a week! I'll update this initial post with who gets which week. The fewer "this post is mean and I hope we do well this year" posts the better. Death riders only, put up or shut (tf) up.

In addition I have created a poll so you can anonymously add your thoughts. Yes there is a "make the finals" option!!!

Round: Poster
1: Batty (preseason)
2:
3:
4: Phil Blake
5:
6: Rosko, Double Hoops
7: Nightster, WombatGC
8: Nightster
9: SuperNintendo Chalmers
10: Wombat64
11:
12: Tookey
13: SeaEagle9413
14:
15:
16:
17:
18: Bob Dylan
19: Clay
20:
21:
22:
23:
24:
25:
26:
Survives 2017 (makes the finals, no promises from there!!): Frogz, Terry Randall, Duffman, Shoe1, Supreme Leader, Boxley, Brad, Mark from Brisbane, Briza, Pontian Sea Eagle, Harvies Elbow, Ryan, Tragic Eagle,
Week 5 for me please.

coming into the 2018 season where the market will be insane with so many off contract and we NEED to be picking up some names. If there is to be a change it can't be left until the end of the season. We'll have dollars to spend, but you are at a severe disadvantage in the market as a manager is not going to place a star or an up and comerat a struggling club where it is unclear who will be in charge, when they can probably get similar dollars in a more stable environment.

We know from history, Des doesn't mind some cheeky negotiating while still under a contract, so things will be interesting come round 6-7 if both teams are still at the bottom. Negotiations could be well advanced and things could happen fast. Management is pretty dumb in alot of calls, but surely they can see stability is needed coming into such an important year to be active in the market. By mid-season i think it needs to be clear as day who will coach in 2018 onwards, or else we'll be stuck with more reject shop recruitment as we struggle to attract talent.

Someone like him (or Cleary) will want to go somewhere the building has mostly been done, bring in a couple of their picks from what is available, clean out the trash and have a team that can win from the get go, which i think can be done here swiftly, but does anyone want the job?

Mess this up though, and the 'rebuild' wall crumbles.

Not until seasons end at least , when the media tend to bypass these things!
you'd think Des would be licking his lips with some of the stars we have coming through. It feels like just before we brought Des in last time. Two very good brothers and a couple of potentials (Stewarts/Turbos) coming through. With discipline and a good offseason of recruitment (we now have the $$) Des could turn Manly around almost straight away.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2