Which round will Trent be fired?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Roughly how long will Trent Barrett last???

• 1-5 weeks and he's gone. Bad start Like 2016 no longer acceptable

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • 6-10 weeks then it's back to the hairdressers

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • 11-15 weeks until he joins me in the Centrelink queue

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • 16-20 weeks before he coaches Uzbekistan Rugby League

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • 21-26 weeks - not making the finals two years in a row is unacceptable

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Finals footy! He made it and will be allowed to stay!

Votes: 67 59.8%

• Total voters
It gets closer with each loss. Each lackluster attitudal display. fist fights amongst players at training. players promoting themselves to selectors.

Are we sure there is even a coach in charge?

If you said it was happening at Norths! Sure. Where has our Manly gone:-(

Didn't someone once say that this is a results driven business?

Club and rugby league legend Geoff Toovey was sacked for what was publicly termed as poor results (though we all know results had nothing to do with his sacking, it was entirely political). Tooves coached Manly in 105 NRL games for 61 wins, 43 losses and 1 draw which includes a Preliminary Final appearance in his first year, a Grand Final appearance in his second year and a Semi Final appearance in his third year. The team, decimated by injuries, failed to make the finals in his 4th year before he was sacked. His winning strike rate was 58.1% while under his coaching the team reached the NRL Finals 75% of the time.

Trent Barrett, as of Sunday's loss to the Tigpies, has coached Manly in 55 games, won 24 and lost 31 for a winning strike rate of 43.1%. We finished 13th in his first year, our lowest since finishing 13th in Des' first year in 2004, and played in the Qualifying final last year. This year after 6 rounds we are 12th with a 2-4 record.

If this really was a results driven business, Trent Barrett would be on very shaky ground right now.

Last edited:
Given that they only recently re-signed him and the current financial issues the club has,I suspect he won’t be going anywhere for a while

Sadly I have to agree that's what happens when you extend a contract that didn't need extending. He was already under contract for this year and the club jumped at shadows as if the dogs were going to sign him all orchestrated by his manager.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8