Which Club Should Fold?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Gallop is quoted in today's herald as saying there are too many Sydney clubs. There are also stats about the financial bottom line of each club.

Online there is a poll which asks which Sydney club should fold. Looks like only 4% of those polled are Bear supporters as Manly has that figure whilst Cronulla, Roosters and Souths rate much higher than that.

Given what has happened in League, why is this issue being debated again? Leave them alone and let clubs do a Newtown if they can't foot the bills.

I would hate to see any team fold, they all have their place in the game.

I would probably be in the minority but i would love to have the Bears back to. The comp has lost something without the traditional Manly v Norths clash, and the background they had about choking at the last hurdle always gave fans some interest too.

I guess in the end i just enjoy the traditions of the game and the clashes that go back a long way and mean something to fans

Being an Australian competiton the first team to go should be the warriors. Melbourne next or relocate them. souths should never have been allowed back either.

Bring back the bears.

Axe the broncos, storm, warriors, cowboys, etc.

Bring back the bears, Newtown, Annandale, Glebe and University (well maybe not the Bears :) )

Have training at the pub Tuesdays and Thursdays, where 10 schooners a day are mandatory.

bash the **** out of the opposing star so he can't do anything of note.

and hold chook raffles and BBQs at games to raise money to pay players as well.

My point is that if we are going to have a game that is as good as it is at the moment we need money, and that money has to come from somewhere, sponsors arent going to support a comp that is just the same old Sydney teams playing each other, they want national exposure (international if you include NZ)

"He who pays the piper calls the tune" is a very true cliche in modern day league. it will never be as it was before, it is up to each of us to decide whether that is a good thing or a bad thing, and I am sure that most people have mixed emotions about things such as interstate teams having so much money, and the night Grand Final. But it is the way things are in the modern world. whilst news and Nine are in such positions of control things will not change, and if they go the momey goes.

TV rights were given away much too cheaply. More revenue to the game means more to the clubs. The draw being only five weeks ahead is poor and affects fans all over the country. I am sure it impacts on crowds.

I would let Melbourne go - in a city of 4 million hardly anyone down there knows who they are. I would let one of the City clubs go if push came to shove but I miss the old Norths Derbies too!

Souths should go, they shouldn't have ever been let back in the comp anyway. Then the roosters, cronulla and wests/tigers in that order. Restart Adelaide and Perth for a truly national comp. Then go for including teams from Papua/Neu Guinea and South Africa.

I can't countenance the folding of any team to put teams in places like Perth and Adelaide. Two cats and a dog in a city that follow the game and you get rid of years of tradition and support.

Would we seriously be happy to have the Perth Sea Eagles in place of Manly???

Just what league needs, another 3 year internal fighting amoungst supporters and officials of the club being kicked out. No true supporter deserves to go through what we did with the Northern Beagles, or the Souths debarcle.

Just what league needs, another 3 year internal fighting amoungst supporters and officials of the club being kicked out. No true supporter deserves to go through what we did with the Northern Beagles, or the Souths debarcle.

Agree well said mate we looked like folding at one stage i wouldn't wish it on any club no matter if i happen to like that club or not. Im just glad we have a team to support still. How do supporters of the merged clubs feel ? wishing they could get their own clubs identity back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4