Which are the danger teams for Manly in 2020

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
As a start off, I think Melbourne and Sydney City will slide a little. My team to watch is Canberra.

Storm have lost several players and Roosters have lost Cronk and Latrell so that brings those 2 teams right back to the pack. The top 6 should be the same top 6 as last year but in a slightly different order. I can't see any team from outside that top 6 being a true contender. The biggest threat to Manly is ourselves, if we can consistently play to our potential than a premiership is there for the taking

Eels. They'll win most of their home games at their schmick new stadium, they've added players (again), their players charged with offences are still available to play, and how great would it be for the NRL to have a winning team from Parramatta at finals time, think of the merchandise, think of the ratings (oh of course not suggesting those things could affect the comp, but just saying!)

The teams with the three best coaches Storm, Souths and Easts. They are the regular contenders and the teams you have to beat to make the grandfinal.

• Hate to say Eels look to have improved (on paper), but damn right they have.
  • Storm have lost a few, but their production lines are 2nd to none and will have some admirable replacements who step up
  • Roosters have a stacked side as usual and will be the team to beat again
  • Cows have added well with Holmes and Marsters and the beast himself - Taumoloulo, but too many weaknesses all round
  • Raiders certainly a Top 4 again and equal with Roosters as favourites imo - if this Pommy half lives up to expectations, could even be the team to beat
  • Broncs great young forward pack, but lack organisation and suprised if Croft can change this factor to the standard required
  • Souths look a danger...but I think the loss of Burgess is a Massive blow and now young Cam Murray who is an explosive star, will not have that ruthless tough guy to soften the opposition pack and Cook will be effected also....time will tell
  • The only other side to mention are Sharks, though I feel they have been on the downslide since their pepped up GF win a few years ago

We have a pretty good record against the Faders of late - so they don't concern me too much. A lot will depend on how their new Pommy half goes adjusting to the NRL. Plenty of pommy forwards make the transition to NRL but not many halves have over the years

The Roosters won't have that mental edge this year, back to back drove them last year - where do they find motivation this year to give that extra 1% when needed. I don't think they do.

Who knows with the Scum, you can never write them off while Bellamy and Smith are there.

Souths look flaky to me and lack a bit of punch up front. Cam Murray is a great player but I don't think he can carry that pack.

Parra - well let's just hope they fall in a heap again this year. Moses is due for a run of bad games and is their match winning winger out of jail yet ??

Who knows with the Scum, you can never write them off while Bellamy and Smith are there
For about 10 years I've been waiting for them to flop. Surely Smith's charmed run with injury can't last forever. Sad to say, but him getting hurt is probably the main way they'll come back to the pack. Storm missing the 8 would make it a successful season for me, regardless of how we go.

Panthers will improve with a drama free pre season and potentially less pressure on Cleary.

Canberra and the eels are going to be up there fighting for the minor premiership at the point end of the season with us, the storm and the chooks.

Injuries and off field incidents will determine the fate of many teams, let’s hope a Manly can stay healthy and happy.

Prediction: Manly to wallop the Eels in the grand final!

As usual since 2013 Manly are made play all the Sydney clubs away. There's your first problem. All venues Manly has trouble winning at.

Up until the return clash last season Illawarra was our bogey team. I hope we have turned the table and can now dominate them.
We always beat Cronulla and Canberra.
Generally we split matches with Easts, Souths, Melbourne, Doesn'tmatta and the Donkeys.
The 'Riff and the Titans give us far more trouble than they should.

I’m sick of losing to bottom 4 teams, Titans, wests, Newcastle, nth qld etc. most years manly puts in a couple of shockers against crap teams.

If Souths get Arrow this year, and Benny can keep his two delinquent centres under control. I’d go with the Rabbits.

I think it could be ours to lose this year. We have arguably the best forward pack in the comp, talented backs, and I really like the look of our bench. Hooker was the position I was worried about but Levi hopefully solves that problem.

Injuries and referee BS in sudden death matches permitting, I like our chances.

Another close competition , most sides bar perhaps the Tigers have improved.

Eels with their stadium are a danger, until the finals if they are taken away from that.

Roosters will miss Cronk.

Faders look better and will be the team to beat.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7