Where would Trent go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I dont care where he goes, I think Boo Boo will be and has been a very good assistant coach, unfortunately not much more, he was out of his depth in all key areas of what defines a Head Coach, even the great Trent supporters Ryan and Woodsie admit that he was out of his depth dealing with management, a key area of a head coach in the modern game.
Though as an assistant, I think he offers something to whoever he ends up with and I wish well..

Trent just walk... and don't turn back

Come on Man. Would you just leave 350k on the table with a family and kids? We have to get real here. This is life, not just The Rugby League team.

Come on Man. Would you just leave 350k on the table with a family and kids? We have to get real here. This is life, not just The Rugby League team.

I am confused, where did I say just leave the $350K on the table ? He can fight for it if he is entitled to it just like the Penn's have a right to to the same if they believe the opposite.
You leave the part where I actually compliment Barrett and try to pick an argy about doing the right thing by family with something I never fkn said ? C'mon man get real...

At least of he stays, he will only be hurting his chances of ever working as a first grade coach again if he does anything other than work to the best of his ability to help the club succeed.

We came 6th before this season. Not many people were saying that then, and it was.lauded when he extended.

One terrible season ripe with injury and cap restrictions, and he's the most God awful coach to people.

I don't get it.

How dare he demand updated / upgraded facilities and environments for our club and players. Ergh.
2 abysmal seasons mate... and you have posted many times that our roster is at least a top 6 side... so scraping into the finals and going out the door the next week is hardly an amazing result when it gets sandwiched between the sh1t we experienced in 2016 and 2018. You’ve been watching this game for long enough to recognise how appalling our defence was under Barrett... and his record clearly shows that he’s the worst coach in Manly history... kind of says it all really...

Last edited:
2 abysmal seasons mate... and you have posted many times that our roster is at least a top 6 side... so us scraping into the finals and going out the door in week one is hardly an amazing result when it gets sandwiched between the sg1t of 2016 and 2018. You’ve been watching this game for long enough to recognise how appalling our defence was under Barrett... his record speaks for itself mate. Worst coaching record in Manly history kind of says it all really...
Yeah, I know, and I'm a bit of a hypocrite making excuses for him , when I also complain about the club making excuses (and that not being good enough).

What I did like about Barrett (and I guess that means nothing now with him going):

+ Seemed to have a close relationship with the playing group.

+ Seemed to develop players well (Kelly, Trbojevic's, Lane, AFB) etc etc etc all gone on to bigger things

+ Gave youngsters a go (Wright, Parker, Kelly, Suli etc)

+ Players like Thompson said he was a big reason they came here, so he was a drawcard

+ Had a very good reputation by outside sources

+ Had the balls to stick it to Penn, and demand better conditions

+ Has representative experience (City/Country)

+ Was even keeled for most of his tenure

+ Team was constantly up the top of the tables / stats attacking wise

+ Was very passionate about the results and playing group (even went to tears)

+ Experienced players like DCE claiming he was still developing him

+ Wasn't afraid to try things (Wright at Hooker, Walks at 5/8 etc).

Okay, I know there's a flipside to that coin mate, but I guess these are some of the things that endeared me to him.

Yeah, I know, and I'm a bit of a hypocrite making excuses for him , when I also complain about the club making excuses (and that not being good enough).

What I did like about Barrett (and I guess that means nothing now with him going):

+ Seemed to have a close relationship with the playing group.

+ Seemed to develop players well (Kelly, Trbojevic's, Lane, AFB) etc etc etc all gone on to bigger things

+ Gave youngsters a go (Wright, Parker, Kelly, Suli etc)

+ Players like Thompson said he was a big reason they came here, so he was a drawcard

+ Had a very good reputation by outside sources

+ Had the balls to stick it to Penn, and demand better conditions

+ Has representative experience (City/Country)

+ Was even keeled for most of his tenure

+ Team was constantly up the top of the tables / stats attacking wise

+ Was very passionate about the results and playing group (even went to tears)

+ Experienced players like DCE claiming he was still developing him

+ Wasn't afraid to try things (Wright at Hooker, Walks at 5/8 etc).

Okay, I know there's a flipside to that coin mate, but I guess these are some of the things that endeared me to him.
He looked as though he was too close to the players for his own good and as a result, Des will now be tasked with tearing down Trent’s party culture... Praiising a coach’s innovation for playing Wright at hooker, is like saying someone is revolutionary because they tried playing a 120kg prop at fullback... He only ever seemed to give the young guys a crack when he had no other options... Most of the players you have listed as improving under him are super talented and would have improved under Humphrey B Bear... I see passion differently to you... Tooves is passionate... Barrett just tossed out excuses in the exact same way every single week but rarely found answers... New recruits like Thompson always compliment the coach as one of the reasons why they came to a club... We were the ninth best attacking side this season which is nowhere near the top... Barrett having representative experience means fark all in coaching(aside from SOO), think Bennett, Bellamy and Gould and compare them with Baz, Fittler and Stuart...and his “sticking” it to Penn has very little to do with him having any balls and everything to do with him making excuses for being completely exposed as being out of his depth. You won’t hear the facilities spoken of once by Dessie.

Last edited:
mark hughes has a cleaning business, maybe he can work with hughesy to expand the business to cleaning gyms since he has experience

He's been put on the Brookie greenkeepers team. They even got him a T-shirt to wear.....

Resized_20181016_144503_3886.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10