Where will Manly finish in 2024?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Where will Manly finish in 2024?

• 1-4

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • 5-8

Votes: 52 61.9%
  • 9-12

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • 13-17

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think 8th ( just ).

I’m just not sure our forward pack will take them much further.

And with a few injuries easily drop to 9th /10th.

BUT, it’s good to have a bit more depth this year in some key spots, so really it’s a bit of a lottery.

Last edited:
12th-15th

We've come 11th, 12th, heading into this season. I just don't think recruitment have patched up our gaps appropriately to make ground on the opposition:

• No ex-factor or explosive crisp play from dummy half
  • Soft, immobile middles (that get targeted)
  • Carrying wasted contracts and injury prone / suspension attracting players
  • Props having to play lock

Who's already out for round ONE? Sipley, Schuster, Lodge - it's the same issues every year.

9-12 - I simply dont think we have the cattle. Ryan Girdler was right eg Flat Track Bullies.

Our forwards just dont have it - I think we need Brown and Lodge to turn back the clock.

Alternatively, if Schuster and Ben Turbo ( I have a good feeling about Ben, but that could just be my cystitis) were both to have break out years I could see us in the sneak into that 5-8 bracket.

We've come 11th, 12th, heading into this season I think personally 10th at best. I just don't think recruitment have patched up our gaps appropriately to make ground on the opposition:

• No ex-factor or explosive crisp play from dummy half
  • Soft, immobile middles (that get targeted)
  • Carrying wasted contracts and injury prone / suspension attracting players
  • Props having to play lock

Who's already out for round ONE? Sipley, Schuster, Lodge - it's the same issues every year.

if turbo or DCE go down with a long term injury we are screwed.

hope this post comes back to haunt me at seasons end and we have a very successful season just can’t see it happening

I am very confident 2024 is a premiership year for Manly. We found our style of play at the end of last year which is not only entertaining but the un-predictability of our attack will be a nightmare for our oppositions defenses. Brooks will add stability and a second kicking option to the halves. An injury free year for Turbo. Lodge and Paseka are as good a front row you can possibly get and with some astute signings the competition for spots in the top 17 will create a desperation to win each moment in every game. Go Manly.

9-12 - I simply dont think we have the cattle. Ryan Girdler was right eg Flat Track Bullies.

Our forwards just dont have it - I think we need Brown and Lodge to turn back the clock.

Alternatively, if Schuster and Ben Turbo ( I have a good feeling about Ben, but that could just be my cystitis) were both to have break out years I could see us in the sneak into that 5-8 bracket.
Agree. Let's just hope we are both woefully wrong, hey mate ? Hehehe

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I think top 4

Each year Turbo gets to start anew and I think this year luck will be on his side.

Brooks, kicking and running game will add another dimension to our attack.

Lodge and Brown to give our pack more venom.

Ben T to have break out year on the back off 2023

Jamie Humphreys to leapfrog Gordon and cement a permanent spot on the bench and prove to be the perfect foil for Croker.

Then we still have the likes of DCE, Jake, Olakau'atu, Schuster, Koula, Garrick and Saab.

I am very confident 2024 is a premiership year for Manly. We found our style of play at the end of last year

Love your optimism and 100% hope you are right.

But we lost 3 of our last 5, beating lowly Dogs (15th) and Tigers (17th), both were completely decimated with injuries.

I think 8th ( just ).

I’m just not sure our forward pack will take them much further.

And with a few injuries easily drop to 9th /10th.

BUT, it’s good to have a bit more death this year in some key spots, so really it’s a bit of a lottery.
8th? 8th!!

With the same team as last year + TT for a full year + Brooksey + depth …. We’ve got to be higher than 8th!!

Just sayin’

Tom plays 16 games we finish 5th. He goes down again, please refer to the last two years finishing positions. It’s that simple for me. I feel luck gets on his side this year and we make a shake of it.

So 5th and we destroy the Sharks at home week one of finals. From there who knows……

5 - 8

The back 5 is potentially the best we have had in years got 2 great players with Koula & Garrick in the centres with speed, Saab and Paulo very good aerobatic wingers add Turbo, Brooks & DCE to that giving them ball too it’s scary.

The forwards are again the concern but i’d say if Lodge, Brown, Jake, Olakau’atu, Bully, Sips, Paseka etc all hit their best form and if injuries are kind they can compete easily with a Storm or Souths pack imo ( Panthers & Broncos not sure )

We need Humphreys as the 14 to good to leave out

If Turbo stays fit I really expect this year to be 2021-lite: I am not confident Turbo can do that form twice in his life, but we definitely cane all the weak teams. And come up short against the really strong ones. It should be an exciting ride just as 2021 was.

For the first time in a long time we really do have depth in the spine positions, albeit inexperienced depth at hooker.

If we finish out of the 8 that is an outright fail and should cost Seibold his job unless we have been clearly injury cursed. But this is not a premiership winning team. I think we finish in the lower half of the 8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8