Where to from here?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cherry_poppins said:
Lol doom and gloomers are moronic at best
We just need to click into gear, once we do shut the gates baby its manly vs Melbourne 3 ,last year the premiers lost 5 straight then click click boom

true , but im sure they were on more than 19 points at the same time last year

26 - melbourne at 1st

20 - manly at 6th

Enough possession in the first half to win 3 games. Letting in the softest try of the season (Friend's), and generally a lot of good players playing badly. If I was a young guy busting my @ss in a lower grade I would be very discouraged to see Gift still in the side. It sends a terrible cultural message to the other players in the club. . Spare me the nonsense about "service to the club" - that attitude is what's killing us.

Kiwi Eagle said:
If we were getting flogged by teams then yep, write the season off. But we aren't. If we say the comp is between Souths, Roosters and Melbourne, we have shown enough to against those sides to suggest we have a sniff. Draw with Melbourne, Losses of less than 10 against the other 2.

If, and it is a big if, we can get Lyon, Foran and B Stewart on the park for an extended run, we will be a challenger, along with DCE substantially lifting his game and Glenn continuing to improve week after week.

Moops and co will probably take that as saying I think we will win the comp, but nowhere above has it been said. We are good enough to be a challenger in the right circumstance

Have watched enough comps over the years to know the premier ship is a marathon, have seen plenty of sprinters and middle distance sides look great early on and then die out to nothing. 2011 Dragons were defending Premiers, were smashing the comp enough to have the bookies pay out the minor premiership and then limped into the finals and had a meek exit. Last season the Storm couldn't win the comp after losing 5 straight then didn't lose another game

You must have been watching a different game to me KE as Glen Stewart is shocking at the moment and is getting worse if anything.

he made 15 tackles and missed 7 tonight and ran sideways most of the time.

Just learn to enjoy the ride people no matter where it leads.

The positives are the forums are lighting up and i'm sure Silvertails.net would appreciate more hits seems to be slow at times this year.

More losses equals more site hits and more advertising revenue lol, seems to go in total contrast to the fortunes of a winning team and sponsors hehe.

bigswifty said:
Enough possession in the first half to win 3 games. Letting in the softest try of the season (Friend's), and generally a lot of good players playing badly. If I was a young guy busting my @ss in a lower grade I would be very discouraged to see Gift still in the side. It sends a terrible cultural message to the other players in the club. . Spare me the nonsense about "service to the club" - that attitude is what's killing us.

I can see why your frustrated with Glenn, but i reckon dropping him is crazy! That sends a worse message to the players and then you will see the rot set in. Glen needs more game time and the other biggest problem for Glen has been that his Brother has been injured. Without Brett looming on our attacking plays we are nothing. Brett and Glen find some timing and fitness and they will be cutting holes in that Roosters backline. Faaoso and Foz played tonight and i reckon we win. Patience is what we need. But bugger me it is hard to watch especially when we get no 50/50 calls and even the penalties we are supposed to get we dont.

Bloody frustrating

We need a reason for a seige mentality. Worked in the past! Just sayin.

The Byes have buggered up our momentum too. We are not that far off. Hopefully we can get it together in the coming weeks. But Parra wont be easy they will see us as a chance to get the season back on track and turn up for every play.

Chip and Chase said:
effnic said:
Who is our attacking coach??? Time to pack your bags champ.

I'd imagine Johns would have a fair bit to do with that.

It's not Johns fault, you don't teach miracles you just impart knowledge and hope we have the talent to make use of it.

People tend to over blame the coach and staff at times, well I'm just protecting my job so what would i know.

Need to make some changes. Wolf-man looks lost. I'll have Hiku in for him. As for Brent Kite his only there because we have no one else. If he likes I'm free tomorrow and can drive him to Penrith.....
I don't think Glenn is the only player struggling. DCE is not controlling games like he should and his kicking game is off.
God we miss Foran..

I can honestly say that there isnt a player in the side that i cant stand, or i dont think should be there. As opposed to previous years guys like Harrison and T Williams etc

conanu said:
I can see why your frustrated with Glenn, but i reckon dropping him is crazy! That sends a worse message to the players and then you will see the rot set in.

I see it somewhat differently. Gift could have come back to the side via the bench. It would have given him time to adjust & increase fitness and would have created added healthy competition for spots. Our backrow was going well when it was Choc Horro & TRed.

Tocco said:
As for Brent Kite his only there because we have no one else. If he likes I'm free tomorrow and can drive him to Penrith.....

Thats the ticket, lose yet another prop.

Yeah your prob right there Jats he could have done with a few weeks coming off the bench. I think that his return game against the Roosters T Red was injured. Or have i mixed up games??

Are we looking for a prop because we lose kite and Joe G next year and king aint getting any younger.

I think our season is on a prescipes atm, and where we go from here is totally in the players hands. The position we are in is most definitely salvageable but its not going to happen unless we get a collective effort across the park.

I'd say all players are guilty at times of a lack of discipline. Thats just not about giving away penalties, its about being distracted from the prize. In our premiership years we were a united wall that wouldn't break, opposition could get lucky call, after lucky call, penalty after penalty and it wouldn't bother us. We might be behind in games or losing, but we stuck to our guns and most of the time just wore teams down. We have too many players who stray from the discipline needed, they might get involved in niggle, or are a little lazy at marker, don't play to game plan, back chat a ref, etc. They might play fully committed most of the time but when you have 17 blokes all clocking off for periods of a game it definitely shows.

Yes, there are some individuals who need to lift, but its still within our own hands. If they want it bad enough then we can turn it around. If players don't have it in them for whatever reason, then we'll have more results like tonight.

conanu said:
Are we looking for a prop because we lose kite and Joe G next year and king aint getting any younger.

Jebus, we better be and we better be successful. Seems to me we have a mini crisis in the prop department for next year with older models going out the door fast and too early to rely on most of the younger models.

panash said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
If we were getting flogged by teams then yep, write the season off. But we aren't. If we say the comp is between Souths, Roosters and Melbourne, we have shown enough to against those sides to suggest we have a sniff. Draw with Melbourne, Losses of less than 10 against the other 2.

If, and it is a big if, we can get Lyon, Foran and B Stewart on the park for an extended run, we will be a challenger, along with DCE substantially lifting his game and Glenn continuing to improve week after week.

Moops and co will probably take that as saying I think we will win the comp, but nowhere above has it been said. We are good enough to be a challenger in the right circumstance

Have watched enough comps over the years to know the premier ship is a marathon, have seen plenty of sprinters and middle distance sides look great early on and then die out to nothing. 2011 Dragons were defending Premiers, were smashing the comp enough to have the bookies pay out the minor premiership and then limped into the finals and had a meek exit. Last season the Storm couldn't win the comp after losing 5 straight then didn't lose another game

kiwi , i love your loyalty and passion...

but stats dont lie , we have won 2/8 ( i think ). we did not trouble them at all. we scored a try with 4 minutes to go and they missed 3 conversions.

we were down 18-0 to the scumdogs and even that we got rorted in that game we didnt deserve to get close...

losing games at brookie this year , have beaten any teams above this year..

im not saying its doom & gloom , but im not going to say that we are great...

there is something missing and if the team doesnt find it soon we could be grinding at the end of the year just to make 7th or 8th...

believe what you like , the proof is in the pudding ...

If Buhrer didnt drop the ball when over the line on half time its a draw.

Simple fact is we arent playing our best and the top side are struggling to beat us.

If Manly click in a month or so we are right in this comp with a massive chance.

Im with you on this one Bob, although bloody hair tearing stuff to watch. Provided we can stay injury free we will click eventually.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2