Where does Cronk go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
At least if he goes too the roosters and pierce plays hooker, surely pierce wont get blues halfback.... cant see pierce doin 50+ tackles a game thou like friend does.
Mad to get rid of Friend from hooker, tough solid old school and 80min player. Pearce is the one who should go, Keary still has a future where as dogboy is never gonna take that next step he's been missing for years now!
But knowing NSW craziness, Pearce will move to 9 and get the Blues gig o_O

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Friend would be great for Manly.:happy:

He is always the player that controls the Rorters game

Maybe Pearce will go to the Dogs with his BFF Fiz :nod:
You're right about Friend - they'd be lost without him :nod:

And yes Pearce to the Dogs is quite plausible...

Simonmyers11

First Grader
These TPA need to be made public and capped at 400- 500k total for the whole of a club's player salaries or whats the point of the salary cap? Getting cronk and teddy to go with the most favourable draw i have seen in a long time, roosters sure have some pulling power behind the scenes

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No not capped. Let a player earn what he can.
Just don't allow the TPA to be tied to playing with a particular club.
If the contract depends on being at a certain club then count it in the salary cap.
How hard is that?
The only ones opposing this are probably the Chooks and Broncos.

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
No not capped. Let a player earn what he can.
Just don't allow the TPA to be tied to playing with a particular club.
If the contract depends on being at a certain club then count it in the salary cap.
How hard is that?
The only ones opposing this are probably the Chooks and Broncos.

That is a pretty ridiculous suggestion.

All TPAs are fundamentally incepted to attract or keep a player at that one particular club!!
That is their purpose!
E.g. Why would Crownbet give a 3rd party TPA to a Melbourne star and then have to be obligated to it when he want to go play for the Titans.

Quality understanding of the whole thing.................have you considered applying for our open CEO position?

NLSeaEagle

Reserve Grader
These TPA need to be made public and capped at 400- 500k total for the whole of a club's player salaries or whats the point of the salary cap? Getting cronk and teddy to go with the most favourable draw i have seen in a long time, roosters sure have some pulling power behind the scenes

It's better they completely scrap the whole concept of TPAs!
It's only purpose is to rort the cap.
Clubs should only be involved on the basic contract which is part of the salary cap.

Seriously if Gronk signs with the Rorters the system is truly ****ed.

To be able to sign him and Tedesco , losing just a couple of $300-$400k ( at the most) players is an absolute blight on the game.

I’m really really getting sick of this!

Im with you Mark. Its an absolute joke, and they reckon its a level playing field,yeah right.It is if you are the rorters,dogs,scum,sqeells oh and the donkeys

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Friend wasn’t nearly as effective as he has been in recent years so unsurprising really but you’d have to imagine they’d be paying some freight wherever he went.

silvertail

Reserve Grader
It is impossible to have a fair and proper system where TPAs are permitted and a salary cap system in place.

The only way to keep TPAs out of any salary cap system is to introduce a points based player draft.

brad

First Grader
I like how friend gets out of the ruck area quick and can tackle, so all in all a pretty solid player but im content with happy Api.

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
That is a pretty ridiculous suggestion.

All TPAs are fundamentally incepted to attract or keep a player at that one particular club!!
That is their purpose!
E.g. Why would Crownbet give a 3rd party TPA to a Melbourne star and then have to be obligated to it when he want to go play for the Titans.

Quality understanding of the whole thing.................have you considered applying for our open CEO position?

The idea has merit.

3rd Party Agreements are typically made for the elite players (and yes, to help keep them at the club they play for) but apart from that, the sponsor really gets next to nothing out of the player/deal. If the TPA was "transferable" with actual promotional conditions for the player and the new club (if the player does move), wouldn't that be attractive to the sponsor?

The '47ers

When Eagles are silent Parrots begin to chatter
I like how friend gets out of the ruck area quick and can tackle, so all in all a pretty solid player but im content with happy Api.
Friend is by far a superior player to Api, but value for money Api wins hands down

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 5 6 -3 13