Where are we heading as a club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm almost lost for words at the moment. So disillusioned and angry.
The Owner, Mestrov and Seibold are dismantling our club in front of us and there not a thing we can do about it.
I made the point a while back that after the Great Bob Fulton passed Penn would have no one standing in his way and it appears this is coming true.
This possible Luke Brooks signing is almost the last Straw. This on to of letting Latu go who was supposed to be the next big thing is so strange.
I love a rebuild as much as the next bloke but rebuilding from the West tigers seems a strange plan.
Yes I'm sure there will be ups and downs and Manly will always rise again but it's looking like a race to the bottom at the moment.

I'm almost lost for words at the moment. So disillusioned and angry.
The Owner, Mestrov and Seibold are dismantling our club in front of us and there not a thing we can do about it.
I made the point a while back that after the Great Bob Fulton passed Penn would have no one standing in his way and it appears this is coming true.
This possible Luke Brooks signing is almost the last Straw. This on to of letting Latu go who was supposed to be the next big thing is so strange.
I love a rebuild as much as the next bloke but rebuilding from the West tigers seems a strange plan.
Yes I'm sure there will be ups and downs and Manly will always rise again but it's looking like a race to the bottom at the moment.
Hey mate, I get what you're saying, but how about this:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. NEW WINGER
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kim Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

Depth: Christian Tuipulotu, Tommy Talau, Toff Sipley, Brad Parker, Karl Lawton, Ben Condon, Jamie Humphreys & others.

Actually looks stronger than this year mate.

Stick with it, we need hardcore fans like you buddy. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Leichardt…or Orana park…..would be fitting….the facilities would match our business acumen and our roster would feel right at home.

The worry is the short term thinking, and I understand it from Seibold. He struggles next year and he'll be gone with little prospects of a future head coaching gig.

So will Brooks offer more than Latu next year? Likely yes.....but is it likely at the detriment to the long term success of the club? Likely yes IMO

We are heading where this guy is going

1687750135025.png

Bob Fulton was a good scout of talent but let's not act like his latter years at the club weren't him just trying to maintain his family's factional power base within the club and contributing to the dysfunction without any accountability for the clubs failures over that time.

That said

The only justification for a clean out is to remove the undue influence of player managers on the club. But instead we are loading up on Isaac Moses players. Inexcusable.

Players that are just chasing the bucks and don't have the club in their hearts do little for the club's long term future. Once they decide they want to go they really provide little value. Player managers running unchecked by the NRL are having a detrimental affect on the game and the NRL haven't stepped up to the plate yet to reel them in. The clubs need to get tough.

When the dust settles on all this (soon hopefully) I really think members and fans should see something official from the CEO about what's been going on and what the plan is. They've done it before and surely they appreciate what we've all been crapping on about (well, me anyway) during all this goings on. I don't think it's asking too much.

Well I've got to hand it to the club. They've managed to usurp the Dragons fiasco and kick them off the media radar. Now Manly is back as the headline basketcase club of the nrl. Should be worth plenty of Shoosh and Whats the Buzz articles for awhile.

Hey mate, I get what you're saying, but how about this:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. NEW WINGER
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Gordon Chan Kim Tong
10. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Josh Schuster

14. Lachlan Croker
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Sean Keppie
17. Ethan Bullemor

Depth: Christian Tuipulotu, Tommy Talau, Toff Sipley, Brad Parker, Karl Lawton, Ben Condon, Jamie Humphreys & others.

Actually looks stronger than this year mate.

Stick with it, we need hardcore fans like you buddy. I promise you won't be disappointed.

This is a good side provided:

• Turbo doesn't break down as he has in 4 of the last 5 years (most important)
  • We actually do sign a new outside back and that 'new winger' isn't Tuipulotu or Vaega. Or Garrick goes back to the wing and Parker or Harper are back in. Talau isn't any better than any of these guys, we still need one more gun outside back
  • GCKT is actually in the club's plans and we don't choose to ignore the hooker position for yet another year
  • Tuilagi/Schuster figure out that half of the game they play for a living involves defence

All things considered the Brooks signing isn't that bad, but the stench of it being another Tigers signing, and the manner of how it's happening (losing Fainu) is hard to ignore. But at the end of the day, people won't really care about this if we are winning games, and we haven't been doing much of that lately anyway

The lack of discipline in sticking with the philosophy of having a few key players on decent coin, a few mid range and then relying on the injection of quality juniors looks to have been abandoned.

There must be some heat on for Seibold to achieve certain metrics with the squad, some of the team selections in the last couple of weeks have been questionable, the safe band aid team selections didn’t serve Des very well.

Losing some good talent to get short term success is starting to show.

The change in the pathways system looks to be a systemic shake up of the entire club.

I was initially rattled by the Latu out and Brooks/Talau in movements.

In terms of talent it seems Manly again on the wrong end of the transactions.

But the reality is the Scott Fulton Western Sydney recruitment has translated into little on field success. Probably best to hang onto Haumole and Koula and one or two others and move on from the whole thing.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10