Where are they hiding

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Maybe wrong here but it seems several Manly players in our top 28 now that Frank has departed have not been on any of the team lists,and are absent without knowledge it seems of their status.

Albert Hopoate: Yes still apparently recovering from last years injury, but it seems news of his situation has evaporated. What the heck is his status and will we see him before 2020?
Anderson: Promoted to the development squad. Speed to burn. But where is he?
Funa: This kid has been on our first grade list since the start of 2018. Injury was said to have troubled him for much of last year, but does this kid actually exist?
Kioa: Bright young centre said to be on the rise, but where is he?
Olakau'atu: Said to be the next big thing in forward power. But seems to have slipped out of view

Manly are starting the season with a load of injuries/suspensions, almost a carry over from what they experienced last year. Bad enough to lose so many. But this five listed in either the top 28 or development group seem to have vanished, or are we just not being told what's happening to them. There was almost half a team of players that should have been playing for Blacktown last week, but were not listed. Yet we have no apparent information on them. Where are they?

giphy.gif

They're all our youngest players who will get their opportunities in due time :)

Funa is on the extended NRL bench
Thanks HM but unless I am mistaken he didn't play anywhere last weekend, nor did Croker, Anderson or Perrett.
How are they expected to improve and push for a First Grade spot when they are not given a chance?
What is the reasoning for not playing all our fit 'Top 28' players in our Reserve Grade team?

Thanks HM but unless I am mistaken he didn't play anywhere last weekend, nor did Croker, Anderson or Perrett.
How are they expected to improve and push for a First Grade spot when they are not given a chance?
What is the reasoning for not playing all our fit 'Top 28' players in our Reserve Grade team?
Coaches are mystical thinkers :D

These are the only two players listed on the clubs website as being injured

Taniela Paseka (knee), Rd 3

Tom Trbojevic (hamstring), Rds 3-4

Blacktown Sea Eagles side for round two again has none of these players mentioned. Hopoate, Anderson, Funa, Kiao, Olakua'atu. Then there's Croker, Hodkinson, Perrett. Sure the last three are on an extended bench with Funa, but do they play for Blacktown or are they just sitting on the bench and losing match fitness? I didn't see that the bench players played for Blacktown last weekend. In fact only Metcalfe and Cust of our 28 + development players are listed as playing. Is there some sort of dispute with Blacktown over fitting these players in and therefore seemingly disrupting the side. I thought the Blacktown side was the equivalent of our reserves, but it looks more like they have their own players and pick and choose a few of ours to supplement. Am I wrong or just mistaken?

And what is the status of Hopoate? Does anyone know or has he joined the Roosters or Eels.

How the hell do you get players match fit for top grade without playing footy ??
Even great players struggle without fitness, and that means game fitness you can't obtain at training...
And for the blokes fighting to prove themselves....how do they do this without showing it in a game situation.....if this is true, these players will simply wind up at other clubs willing to give them a crack in NSW cup to fight for an NRL position....I don't buy it - must be more to it ??

How the hell do you get players match fit for top grade without playing footy ??
Even great players struggle without fitness, and that means game fitness you can't obtain at training...
And for the blokes fighting to prove themselves....how do they do this without showing it in a game situation.....if this is true, these players will simply wind up at other clubs willing to give them a crack in NSW cup to fight for an NRL position....I don't buy it - must be more to it ??

I could be wrong. Maybe they've been selected to play for Toronto

Agree 100 per cent Maxta. Smithy posted last week that we had only 21 available for selection in Rd 1 due to injury or suspension. I think the injured included Hoppa Oka Kioa Anderson.

Hoppa, Anderson and Funa still are absent without explanation from any teams in this 3rd round. I've asked on the Twitter Sea Eagles acct for any info but as yet no response. Cant understand why Manly are not telling us anything about these three potential first grade regulars. I would have thought for example Hoppa's injury from early last year would have been repaired by now. Give us a sign Manly

Hoppa, Anderson and Funa still are absent without explanation from any teams in this 3rd round. I've asked on the Twitter Sea Eagles acct for any info but as yet no response. Cant understand why Manly are not telling us anything about these three potential first grade regulars. I would have thought for example Hoppa's injury from early last year would have been repaired by now. Give us a sign Manly
Croker is another player who has gone missing.
I know Hoppa Jrn has been injured and there is notification on the NRL site to say he's listed to return "in the early rounds', but I can't find any injury mentions about the other players.
This is not only frustrating it leads me to think that they may not still be with the club, or they are being off-loaded.

Crocker, Hoppa, Anderson and Funa were at the game on Saturday but Funa was on crutches.
Thank you. If that's the case was isn't Funa's injury listed somewhere?
That still doesn't explain why Crocker and Anderson aren't getting a match somewhere.
An update on Hoppa Jnr would also be appreciated.

Des is good at playing smoke and mirrors, in most cases he’s too good. If you asked him even he wouldn’t know where they were.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4