Where are all those derricks who

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
Volley said:
Utility Player said:
So a NSW & Australian rep player comes back from a long injury and under performs for more than a few weeks. So some people question if he would be better off coming off the bench in short stints until he regains match fitness.

He then comes out and has a great game (one that we have come to expect from him) but now the people who said he was not playing to his usual standard have to fall to their knees and beg forgiveness.

I think it's more directed at the people who were calling for him to be dropped to NSW Cup, with some even suggesting he was well past his best and should be moved on completely.

Well then (happy Jatz) I retract my previous post as I fall into the poster UP was referring to. There were only a handful calling for him to be dropped or moved on completely. 95% of the posts were that he should be coming back via the bench thus regaining fitness and not having so many mistakes in his game as he does do. This was of course whilst we had T red already settled on the right as cover until he got injured (about 6 weeks after gift returned).

I must say there are a hell of a lot of I told you so true supporter posts for just a few peoples opinions that they disagreed with.

It's probably also directed at anyone who claims that Gift single handedly cost Manly 2-3 games.

eagles2win said:
I was one. So here I am - wanted him in NSW Cup to regain form after the injury. Not drop him altogether

LOL Gift in NSW cup. That would be like me posting on the kennel. Totally outclassing the opposition. :p

His form has been way down all year since he came back. No question he is back on the upward curve now. Happy to see it. Three cheers. But honestly, its not before time.

Jatz Crackers said:
What parent would name their kid Derrick.....I ask you ?

I prefer it spelled 'Derek'. Its shorter and sharper!

But still would not use that name to curse a child with. lol

Volley said:
Fluffy said:
Volley said:
Utility Player said:
So a NSW & Australian rep player comes back from a long injury and under performs for more than a few weeks. So some people question if he would be better off coming off the bench in short stints until he regains match fitness.

He then comes out and has a great game (one that we have come to expect from him) but now the people who said he was not playing to his usual standard have to fall to their knees and beg forgiveness.

I think it's more directed at the people who were calling for him to be dropped to NSW Cup, with some even suggesting he was well past his best and should be moved on completely.

Well then (happy Jatz) I retract my previous post as I fall into the poster UP was referring to. There were only a handful calling for him to be dropped or moved on completely. 95% of the posts were that he should be coming back via the bench thus regaining fitness and not having so many mistakes in his game as he does do. This was of course whilst we had T red already settled on the right as cover until he got injured (about 6 weeks after gift returned).

I must say there are a hell of a lot of I told you so true supporter posts for just a few peoples opinions that they disagreed with.

It's probably also directed at anyone who claims that Gift single handedly cost Manly 2-3 games.

Boom! Exactly!

We will never know where his fitness or confidence would be if they brought him back off the bench with less game time.

One thing that can't be disputed is the fact that he is hitting top form at exactly when he is needed to.

Depends how they bagged him. I said he wasn't playing well and it was effecting the team. Don't think that can be argued. Also said I hope he turns it around because we need him to if we want to win the premiership and it looks he has. Just proven how important he is to us.

g'day all,i also have been highly critical and while the consensus seems to be that he is now regaining some form i still maintain that some of his performances were well below first grade standard fit or unfit and criticism was warranted.The fact that he is also on a contract that puts him in the upper echelons of players means we expect performances that reflect that standing week in week out against the best opposition.
cheers mike

I was one of those Derricks. I never doubted him, just thought maybe needed some game time in reserves for a week or 2 get his fitness up so he can produce earlier on what he produced yesterday. The whole world knows what Stewart is made off... Im always happy if he proves all the doubter wrong.. When the Stewart brothers fire, we are nearly unstoppable.

I thought he just needed time in NSW Cup to improve his fitness. I think everyone knows how good he is when he's match fit.

I reckon lessons for all.
During our lean patch we activley questioned if
Snake was past his best and would ever recapture his previous form
If wolf man was up to speed and is it time for Hiku to get a run
If george really had the speed to be our bench man
Should Killer be dropped from goal kicking duties
Balin is boring from Dummy half
Jamie B being a speed hump and too small to compete.

Dam it I say,How can we be so good with that many duds
Every time you are about to write some thing like this again,give yourself an upper cut and shut down the PC and then give yourself another upper cut when they produce MOM performances
Go manly

He's not a razzle dazzle player but what he lacks in flair he more than makes up for defensively. There is a very good chance he'll make 1000 tackles this year.

People were mainly pointing out the issues with G.Stewarts playing style and how it either had to change/ fine tune for the benefit of the team. This issue about letting him gain fitness and this being the reason for his poor form has been over-stated and in some ways avoiding constructive criticism against an Eagles legend.

The problems have been evident since 09 so it is not about not having patience and giving the man a break after returning from injury. To me it appears the coaching staff have fine tuned his role, Glenn is playing straighter, running harder lines, playing tighter and not over doing his ballplaying.
Glenn is now actually starting to resemble a back rower again not just an extra ball player who makes 30-40 tackles a game.

The last 2-3 weeks he has reminded me a little of the old G.Stewart just making his mark in the game, playing more simple running harder and straighter into the defensive line, occasionally line running into holes(not breaking them but at least it commits the defensive line) it's been good to see.

In saying that we still miss Symonds on the right and we need more forward hole running options on the right and through the middle also.

Technical Coach said:
People were mainly pointing out the issues with G.Stewarts playing style and how it either had to change/ fine tune for the benefit of the team. This issue about letting him gain fitness and this being the reason for his poor form has been over-stated and in some ways avoiding constructive criticism against an Eagles legend.

The problems have been evident since 09 so it is not about not having patience and giving the man a break after returning from injury. To me it appears the coaching staff have fine tuned his role, Glenn is playing straighter, running harder lines, playing tighter and not over doing his ballplaying.
Glenn is now actually starting to resemble a back rower again not just an extra ball player who makes 30-40 tackles a game.

The last 2-3 weeks he has reminded me a little of the old G.Stewart just making his mark in the game, playing more simple running harder and straighter into the defensive line, occasionally line running into holes(not breaking them but at least it commits the defensive line) it's been good to see.

In saying that we still miss Symonds on the right and we need more forward hole running options on the right and through the middle also.
g'day all,i'm with you on the Symonds thing TC as i'm of the opinion that if it wasn't for his misfortune with injuries i doubt he'd even be playing with us as he had quality written all over him from day one at the chooks.and we only have to see what horo has done on the left to see the benefit of a hard running backrower who knows how to hit a hole.The problem is how do we best utilise our resources?
cheers mike

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7