When do we give DCE a run?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Duff link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=183757.msg269776#msg269776 date=1277512707]
We give DCE a run when he is considered a better option than Hodkinson

Am sick of reading about Rose's weight personally, didn't seem to be too much wrong with it last week when he beat 4 Souths players with footwork

Well, we give DCE a run next week then.

He is a better option than Hodko now. For the following reasons.

1) We wont be giving another clubs young half any more 1sts experiance than he already has. Unlike an older bloke who's signed elsewhere, TH learns with every game he plays. We must stop that.

2) The same as reason #1 but for DCE. He'll improve with every game, so lets start the progress. Of course he's not a 1st grader, he's never played 1st grade.

3) DCE has a combo with Foran that was, at times, beautiful to watch. The sooner we get these two back together, the sooner they can get the old firm back on track.

4) Insurance. If we want Foran & DCE to sign, we have to prove to them that this is the place for them.

I'm not saying that bringing him up will prevent the sh1te we saw last night but at least it will be a Manly player out there learning his lessons rather than a Dogs player.
[/quote].. hahahaha  @ next week  handy  we have the bye  yeah bring him in ..lol..

I agree with you Duff. Give him a chance now we cant do any worse then Hodko.
Might as well blood him now, rather than throw all of our eggs in one  basket for next season. This season is a write-off with TH, lets not wait to find out whether DCE is/isn't up to it next year.

DCE is playing against older players many of who have had 1st grade experience so he wont be out of depth throwing him in to 1sts now. He is going to have some poor games but that is how you learn. Isn't it better he learns now and is ready for 2011 because 2010 isn't going to be a success.

jjai link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183757.msg269791#msg269791 date=1277514856]

Am sick of reading about Rose's weight personally, didn't seem to be too much wrong with it last week when he beat 4 Souths players with footwork

1) We wont be giving another clubs young half any more 1sts experiance than he already has. Unlike an older bloke who's signed elsewhere, TH learns with every game he plays. We must stop that.

2) The same as reason #1 but for DCE. He'll improve with every game, so lets start the progress. Of course he's not a 1st grader, he's never played 1st grade.

3) DCE has a combo with Foran that was, at times, beautiful to watch. The sooner we get these two back together, the sooner they can get the old firm back on track.

4) Insurance. If we want Foran & DCE to sign, we have to prove to them that this is the place for them.

I'm not saying that bringing him up will prevent the sh1te we saw last night but at least it will be a Manly player out there learning his lessons rather than a Dogs player.
[/quote].. hahahaha  @ next week  handy  we have the bye  yeah bring him in ..lol..
[/quote]

How is that even funny...what are you, 7?

I realise we have just re-signed DCE for 3yrs, but are we sure that he is going to be our starting half for next season, maybe they just wanted to make sure we have a reliable second string halfback and bigger plans are on the horizon.

Chip & Chase link said:
When he's good enough. If he wasn't good enough to get the gig over TH to start with than what are we achieving ? There were plenty of experts that were calling for Hodkinson to be brought in because he would kill it,.... he hasn't.

When Lyon is back and if we must get rid of TH, then the only sensible move is Foran to 7 and Lyon to 6. Whare can play centre.

Silly question I guess but are you the same chipandchase that posts over at The Kennel?

You certainly have similar views and TH.

DCE is playing very well for QLD country vs City at the moment. Country ahead 10 - 6. DCE nearly scored a try. He is ready for first grade. Give him a chance Des **** Hodkinson off.

Duff link said:

[/quote]

All that is fine, but there is 1 thing I don't see amongst all that, and that is a statement that DCE is a better player than Hodkinson at this current point in time.

I don't care about 2011 until we are well out of contention for 2010, and that point is nowhere near here yet. So while we are in this comp, I want the best 17 available Manly players to take the park, and if Hodkinson is the best 7 option we have at the moment, he should be the one running out each week

Hasler and Toovey should have some fair idea of who our best halfback is

Brilliant try from DCE kick through, reflex catch from rebound sprinted, speed and swerved for a great individual try.

Just read this on a FB post

Congrats to Daly Cherry-Evans who just got Man of the Match in the Qld Residents City v Country game. Hopefully a good sign for Manly next year.

He played great. Will get picked as QLD residents halfback against NSW before next origin. He has the goods. Commentators reckon he's a lot like Des Hasler as a player. I think he has better kicking skills than Des. Certainly has more speed and better kick than Hodkinson as well as setting up plays. Get him in now Des.

mickqld link said:
Commentators reckon he's a lot like Des Hasler as a player. I think he has better kicking skills than Des. Certainly has more speed .

Wash your mouth out with soap, Mickqld!

bob dylan link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183757.msg269688#msg269688 date=1277473688]
When he's good enough. If he wasn't good enough to get the gig over TH to start with than what are we achieving ? There were plenty of experts that were calling for Hodkinson to be brought in because he would kill it,.... he hasn't.

When Lyon is back and if we must get rid of TH, then the only sensible move is Foran to 7 and Lyon to 6. Whare can play centre.

Silly question I guess but are you the same chipandchase that posts over at The Kennel?

[/quote]

Never been to the kennel mate, wouldn't even know where to find it TBH. I have been in the doghouse a few times though.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=183757.msg269846#msg269846 date=1277527008]
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=183757.msg269688#msg269688 date=1277473688]

[/quote]

Never been to the kennel mate, wouldn't even know where to find it TBH. I have been in the doghouse a few times though.
[/quote]

I presumed you wasnt its just that I was over there snooping around to see what they thought of their star signing and lo & behold they have a poster called chipandchase.

Odds on he's a niff nuff being a Dogs fan.

Hope my question didnt offend.

its mean i know, but i sorta hope watmough takes TH out at training and we have to give DCE a run.

i'd love to see him carve up, get some good 1st grade experience, keep TH out for the rest of the year so we send him off to the dogs as a reserve grade player.
don't like the thought of grooming TH more this seasons only for the dogs to get the benefit

When Daly played Wynnum @ Kougari the touch judge defended inside him so I think that aspect of his game will have to pick up some what

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Duff link=topic=183757.msg269791#msg269791 date=1277514856]

[/quote]

All that is fine, but there is 1 thing I don't see amongst all that, and that is a statement that DCE is a better player than Hodkinson at this current point in time.

I don't care about 2011 until we are well out of contention for 2010, and that point is nowhere near here yet. So while we are in this comp, I want the best 17 available Manly players to take the park, and if Hodkinson is the best 7 option we have at the moment, he should be the one running out each week

Hasler and Toovey should have some fair idea of who our best halfback is
[/quote]

We're looking at it differently then Kiwi.

I don't care who shades the other one as better. I just want Manly to put effort into their own players rather than other teams players.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2