Whats your prediction for an individual player for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Jake will step up to the next level. AFB will become the next JWH if we keep him, and Kelly could make rep status. Looking forward to a bust out year for DCE too under Dessie.

If LG (or anybody) can nail down a consistent gig at 5/8 .... I predict that will allow Dessie to simplify DCE's game and he will return to being the games #1 halfback .....

Individually the players will tackle with more impact and aggression....I think Des will have Tom in particular, far more prominent at the back...actually communicating with the front line in defence, will never be up with the Snake in this area....but to improve significantly, which he will in this area...will have a huge impact and lift on the team and what the young star brings....building confidence here will improve Toms game and I reckon we will see the star we have been waiting for.
It’s Tom to be the biggest beneficiary imo.

I think the only problem with Tom has been that he has tried to hard .... his competetiveness sees him try too hard and push the pass or try the risky option ..... he just takes too much on himself ..... I think just the added maturity and rep experience will have already made a difference ...

With a more settled side I think he will calm down and the superstar will be on display ...

I think the only problem with Tom has been that he has tried to hard .... his competetiveness sees him try too hard and push the pass or try the risky option ..... he just takes too much on himself ..... I think just the added maturity and rep experience will have already made a difference ...

With a more settled side I think he will calm down and the superstar will be on display ...
Agree 100% Woodsie - just have a good feel that Hasler loves a general at the back.
Tom has been like a field mouse in recent years defensively.
We all know the kid can attack - but his defence and positioning has been questionable in being honest.
Most players that learn to communicate well, will improve their overall game as it gains confidence and control.
By talking up the front line from fullback, actually ensures you as a player are also more accountable and be constantly moving into position from the back also.
It may not seem much from the sidelines, but the front line are inspired and will raise their game with constant calls from the back - left, right, up AFB, hit these pr*** ect
I think Tom was a big quiet kid with all the tools, who once takes more leadership from the back....well the sky is the limit.

Agree 100% Woodsie - just have a good feel that Hasler loves a general at the back.
Tom has been like a field mouse in recent years defensively.
We all know the kid can attack - but his defence and positioning has been questionable in being honest.
Most players that learn to communicate well, will improve their overall game as it gains confidence and control.
By talking up the front line from fullback, actually ensures you as a player are also more accountable and be constantly moving into position from the back also.
It may not seem much from the sidelines, but the front line are inspired and will raise their game with constant calls from the back - left, right, up AFB, hit these pr*** ect
I think Tom was a big quiet kid with all the tools, who once takes more leadership from the back....well the sky is the limit.

All you say is true .... but remember .. for the calls from the fullback to be heeded and obeyed requires trust and that the calls be accurate ...... it takes time for a fullback to gain the experience necessary (if ever) ... again maturity plays an important role ..

Like Kelly, Tom is no longer a youth and both enter next season as a grown men for the first time and I anticipate all the improvement which that portends ....

PSS ...pertend is probably the wrong word .... I'll wait for @globaleagle to pounce ....

All you say is true .... but remember .. for the calls from the fullback to be heeded and obeyed requires trust and that the calls be accurate ...... it takes time for a fullback to gain the experience necessary (if ever) ... again maturity plays an important role ..

Like Kelly, Tom is no longer a youth and both enter next season as a grown men for the first time and I anticipate all the improvement which that portends ....

PSS ...pertend is probably the wrong word .... I'll wait for @globaleagle to pounce ....
Agreed....but it starts like a river Woodsie my mate....1 drop.
While he is an absolute gun - not a natural talker....early on even if he was not 100% good on the calls....it will at least develop and the beneficiary won't just be TT, but the entire team will shift a gear....I know he still is a youngster, but Tom is 1 of the games elite and needs more of a voice - watch Dessie cash in here!!

The Mad Professor should stick a thousand loaded rat traps on the training paddock. Boots off, blindfolds on except for Tom and have him direct his players through the maze. If they aren't listening to him they soon will

The Mad Professor should stick a thousand loaded rat traps on the training paddock. Boots off, blindfolds on except for Tom and have him direct his players through the maze. If they aren't listening to him they soon will

.. or ... they will find out he is giving the bad advice .....

Donny Singe will flip the switch on AFB in the off-season and get him playing on beast mode. Turbo will be on nitrous. Suli to surprise.

Suli was at best average in the '18 season but at 20 he has a lot of potential development. He could, with Hasler's and Singe's assistance in getting that poundage off him, turn into a quite outstanding player reminiscent of Matai. Early days but one to watch.

I think Jake could be our enforcer. I remember when he first burst on the scene just absolutely cutting blokes in half. I don't see it as much now maybe due to the extended minutes he is playing. If Dessie can reintroduce that into Jurbo's game I'll be happy. I miss when teams were scared to go down Matai's side of the field for fear of being annihilated.

I think Jake could be our enforcer. I remember when he first burst on the scene just absolutely cutting blokes in half. I don't see it as much now maybe due to the extended minutes he is playing. If Dessie can reintroduce that into Jurbo's game I'll be happy. I miss when teams were scared to go down Matai's side of the field for fear of being annihilated.

I see Jake taking over from Gallen, only more skilful and nicer.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6