What's your favourite regular season Manly game ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher

Just curious what everyones fav. regular season Manly game ever.
Mine would have to be in 1988 when we came back from 12-0 down (I think) to belt parra 64-12 at parra stadium.
I also think it might have been the same game Don McKinnon hung a piss on the field

No Donny hung his old fella out up at Lang park the week or two before.

Guess 3 stand out for me - Manly beating Balmain 48 - 12 in 1987, Manly beating Parra soemthing like 20 to 0 in 1984 or 85 (John Harvey flatten paul Mares in the game) and Manly flogging Norths something like 26 to 0 at NSO, Ian Roberts scored a try in the corner in the final minute and it was and still is the crowd record at NSO. It was packed to the rafters with hopeful bears supporters and the watched their team get slaughter - very sweet win.

Just one game is almost an impossibility but the Manly 48 - 12 result against Balmain in '87 would be the game for me. It just had everything - build-up, clash of the season's leaders, fantastic tries and Manly on fire with our trademark attacking flair. What a day!

anygame that we win.

i stuggle to remeber last week

actually all the wins at NSO when i was the only manly fan in a school of norths supporters and manly haters.

Of course the worst games were the losses to them same era, same ground

I really remember our 61-0 victory over the St George.

I was pretty young then, (Im only 21 now) and we were just so good it was awesome.

I was also at Brookie for the Balmain game in 87. Great day and I lost my voice when Rambo Ronnie went over!!

The 61-0 thrashing of St G in 94 was also sensational - hard to beat.

The 87 game at Parra Stadium was a beauty as well - we won about 28 -12 and I went and bought my Grand final tickets the day after.

A lot of 87 games and 95/96 games could be mentioned as well.

Final choice is the 95 Semi final against the Sharks at SFS. Manly scored early but fell behind and were in all sorts of trouble. A big hit on Raper by Beaver turned the ball over and then Solo did a Forrest Gump run to speadeagle about five defenders and score with 10 to go. Beaver scored a good one.

In the final minutes Cliffy intercepted a wayward pass, ran about 50 and then found Hank Hancock who scored the winning try in the corner. We were in the corner right in front of all three tries and we went ballistic. Did we give it to some moron who was carrying a toy shark around with a Manly sock in its mouth. Great comeback!!!

It's not exactly a regular season game but I enjoyed it back in 88 when we beat the touring Great Britain side in Tooves first appearance.
I've still got the tape at home - it starts with the old Frankie Goes to Hollywood theme Channel Nine used to use- I think it's called "Pleasure dome"- the instrumental bit at the start used get me fired up before the games

1 game that sticks in my mind in 95,v Canberra,and Hoppa scored 3 tries as we won 18-8

Growing up the Canberra v Manly clashes were my fav (being 21 now)

Also remember a 66-8 flogging of wests in 94

I can't forget the 61-0 St George game in 1994, I was getting score updates from our wedding car chauffeur on the way to the reception. Wife - not happy :lol: :lol:

Even though it was a 20-20 draw, the last game at Cumberland Oval in '82 or '83 always sticks in my mind. It had a Manly comeback & a few Phil Blake specials. Mike Eden was also on fire around that period. After the game the crowd souveniered the old white pickets. A great game by the 2 dominant teams of that period.

one of the most memorable was the game in I think 96 when we were undefeated for a crap load of games and we played the Rooster. We got beaten but in a great game to watch.

Adrian Lam was a great player back then as well.

sad that I remember that game more than some of our wins but it was great game to watch

Even though it was a 20-20 draw, the last game at Cumberland Oval in '82 or '83 always sticks in my mind. It had a Manly comeback & a few Phil Blake specials. Mike Eden was also on fire around that period. After the game the crowd souveniered the old white pickets. A great game by the 2 dominant teams of that period.
SDS - pretty sure that was 81 and Parra went on to win the comp. We lost the semi (and the fitght) to Newtown in the 20 min brawl which had Randall sent off - never thought I would get my wife to the footy again.

kiwi, i took a punt I knew it was around 95 or 96

The 61-0 triumph over St George was particularly sweet because it seemed to be the turning point from some of the lean and inconsistent pickings of the early 1990s and signified that we had a team with significant promise - a promise realised in 1995-97.

The game against the Cowboys in Townsville in Round 2 of 2003 was also good - despite it being a loss. However, it represented the return of Manly and it just happened to be on a ground where I'd basically grown up, having lived only few hundred metres away from where Dairy Farmers Stadium is today.

It's not exactly a regular season game but I enjoyed it back in 88 when we beat the touring Great Britain side in Tooves first appearance.
I've still got the tape at home - it starts with the old Frankie Goes to Hollywood theme Channel Nine used to use- I think it's called \"Pleasure dome\"- the instrumental bit at the start used get me fired up before the games
You realise you're going to be inundated with requests for a copy of that now, don't you?

The Manly shellacking of Canberra the weekend after that GB game was a wonderful win too.

I went to that game in 88. Midweek, cold night, great atmosphere and a fabulous win.

Premiers, top team etc It didn't get much better than that. I would kill for a copy of the game!!!! :boho:

I was there too CW. It was cold all right. I remember Martin Ofiah running like a crab all night. The most amazing thing was it was our second string side. The crowd almost willed GB to score it was so embarassing for them. Tooves was simply outstanding.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed May 11 2005, 08:34AM ]</span>

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4