What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched the first ep of Dawn of the Dolphins on Stan. Felt like a wasted opportunity to me. Just wobbled all over the place and relied heavily on interviews with locals and good 'ol boys.
There were about ten good minutes, all revolving around Bennett.
Fingers crossed the next two are better. Unlikely. It's in the wrong hands.

Ted Lasso season three starts March 15th (on apple tv + = for you millionaires!)

Get some biscuits w' the boss and settle in.

Ted Lasso season three starts March 15th (on apple tv + = for you millionaires!)

Get some biscuits w' the boss and settle in.
Another feel goody thing on Apple TV is Shrinking with Jason Segal and Harrison Ford. It was co-created by Brett Goldstein, none other than Roy Kent!
He wrote some of the episodes as he does on Lasso. Interestingly he was hired as a writer on Ted Lasso before being asked to take on the role of Roy Kent.

What's worth streaming is all five seasons of Luther.

What's not worth streaming is the movie: Luther: The Fallen Sun.

What a disappointing load of old rubbish! It's like the writer hadn't even seen the series, except that he wrote every episode. It has none of the heart, soul, empathy of the series.

Your standard suspension of disbelief will not get you through the howlers in this plot. What on earth happened? I'm thinking Netflix - it's a movie, it'd be for the young blokes, we'll need car chases, foot chases, fights, you know, all that stuff!!! Oh, oh, and a ridiculously miscast villain. And let's give it a title that makes no sense whatsoever. Yeah Netflix.

OMG. What a train wreck.

Last edited:

What a disappointing load of old rubbish! It's like the writer hadn't even seen the series, except that he wrote every episode. It has none of the heart, soul, empathy of the series.

Your standard suspension of disbelief will not get you through the howlers in this plot. What on earth happened? I'm thinking Netflix - it's a movie, it's be for the young blokes, we'll need car chases, foot chases, fights, you know, all that stuff!!! Oh, oh, and a ridiculously miscast villain. And let's give it a title that makes no sense whatsoever. Yeah Netflix.

OMG. What a train wreck.

Maybe you should watch it again...in case you missed the nuances of the movie?

(teehee)

Your standard suspension of disbelief will not get you through the howlers in this plot. What on earth happened? I'm thinking Netflix - it's a movie, it'd be for the young blokes, we'll need car chases, foot chases, fights, you know, all that stuff!!! Oh, oh, and a ridiculously miscast villain. And let's give it a title that makes no sense whatsoever. Yeah Netflix.

OMG. What a train wreck.
Really disappointed with it as well. I had to rewind some scenes as I thought I must have nodded off such were the massive holes in the plot. But no, I hadn’t. There are just massive holes in this movie.
Usually if I watch something I consider to be a solid 7 or above I will come on here and recommend it. The only reason I am commenting is to second @Budgie s take on it.
‘You will get more enjoyment sitting on the lounge looking at a blank screen for two hours.
Now, let’s get to @Budgie s other series, "shrinking".
I‘ve never been a huge fan of Jason Segal. But this series he is excellent.
I don’t think I’m giving to much away when I say it’s a comedy-drama based around three psychiatrists and their practice.
You don’t need to have seen a psychiatrist to understand this, but if you have, there are some really well written "pisstakes" on the profession. Harrison Ford is brilliant as the sarcastic,sardistic owner of the practice. His relationship and conversations with his granddaughter are so good.

I think the yanks have finally worked out how to use smart sarcasm for laughs, instead of the standard canned laughter.

OK, Still going. Just watched the first episode of "Lucky Hank" (no it’s not about Brad Parker).
There are 8 episodes, but like "Shrinking" they are drip feeding you an episode each Friday.
I liked the first episode. My keyboard is having a meltdown so I’ll just post the link.

The Last of Us is brilliant.

I avoided it because I'm not a sci-fi dystopian kinda fan. And then I heard it was based on a video game and I knew it had to be rubbish.

But no.

What a revelation!! It had it all. So much heart and humanity as well as funny and scary and beautiful and moving and compelling.

Highly, highly recommend.

I have lost count of how many times I’ve watched that movie. I’ll probably watch it again now you’ve mentioned it.
The other one that I’ve watched that much, would be The Big Short.
You know you just have those "go too" movies".
While I’m at it, what are other posters "go to" movies?
Ones you can watch over and over and not get bored.
All of the Men in Black (except the international one)
Hell or high water
O brother where art thou?
Hail, Caesar
Shawshank redemption
The ballad of Buster Scruggs
The Italian job (the original one)

I'll probably think of loads more now

Just finished Waco:American Apocalypse 3x1hour episodes.

Ive seen other docos about Waco. But this one had a lot more live footage that I don’t remember seeing before.
They’ve done a great job of using CGI as well.
No matter how many religious nutter docos you see, it’s bloody scary seeing that kind of mind control.

Check out “Waco: American Apocalypse” on Netflix

Just finished Waco:American Apocalypse 3x1hour episodes.

Ive seen other docos about Waco. But this one had a lot more live footage that I don’t remember seeing before.
They’ve done a great job of using CGI as well.
No matter how many religious nutter docos you see, it’s bloody scary seeing that kind of mind control.

Check out “Waco: American Apocalypse” on Netflix

Timothy McVeigh apparently drove done there while it was happening.
Then apparently did the Oklahoma City bombing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4