What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The last king of kingscross - paramount +
the last of us -Binge
I put off watching the Kingscross one until it had at least five episodes up.
I’d seen the previews and knew I wouldn’t be able to be drip-fed one episode at a time.
So I let it get to seven episodes.
The set design for the Cross is so good. They have captured that seedy, 80’s underbelly side of the cross down to a tee. I spent a fair bit of my time in and around the Cross in the late 80’s.(and no, it wasn’t for the strip clubs). Sometimes we’d sit in Maccas facing the street and people watch for ages. There was plenty to keep you entertained. The spruikers, the long line of bikies parked on the street. Fights were a given. And of course the Alphabet crew. The Cross being the only place you’d see them in public back then.
So the production crew have captured all that and more. Even the small stuff that Gen Z wouldn’t have a clue or appreciate. Some examples being the clothes, the hairstyles, the clubs, even down to the phone box with those big green metallic phones. Plenty of other things that just reminded you of that era.
The actors are great. A mix of regular Aussie crime/drama actors, mixed with some very good young ones. And to top it off, you have Tim Roth, who plays his part to perfection.And gives the series a real polished performance overall. Top stuff.

I put off watching the Kingscross one until it had at least five episodes up.
I’d seen the previews and knew I wouldn’t be able to be drip-fed one episode at a time.
So I let it get to seven episodes.
The set design for the Cross is so good. They have captured that seedy, 80’s underbelly side of the cross down to a tee. I spent a fair bit of my time in and around the Cross in the late 80’s.(and no, it wasn’t for the strip clubs). Sometimes we’d sit in Maccas facing the street and people watch for ages. There was plenty to keep you entertained. The spruikers, the long line of bikies parked on the street. Fights were a given. And of course the Alphabet crew. The Cross being the only place you’d see them in public back then.
So the production crew have captured all that and more. Even the small stuff that Gen Z wouldn’t have a clue or appreciate. Some examples being the clothes, the hairstyles, the clubs, even down to the phone box with those big green metallic phones. Plenty of other things that just reminded you of that era.
The actors are great. A mix of regular Aussie crime/drama actors, mixed with some very good young ones. And to top it off, you have Tim Roth, who plays his part to perfection.And gives the series a real polished performance overall. Top stuff.
I couldn't have said it better..I used to go there in the early 90's..it's exactly as depicted.

Tetris on Apple TV. Very good. Something for all you old school tekies.

Based on the true story of American video game salesman Henk Rogers (Taron Egerton) and his discovery of Tetris in 1988. When he sets out to bring the game to the world, he enters a dangerous web of lies and corruption behind the Iron Curtain.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned but watched the first couple of episodes of Black Snow and it’s excellent. I would turn for Travis Fimmel. Just saying. 😂

Beef, on Netflix. Watching it at the moment and I really find it funny.

Also watched the doco on the Boston Marathon Bombing. That was very interesting because I remember being captivated by it on the news at the time, but to hear the stories of the people directly affected and the first responders was extremely sobering.

Beef, on Netflix. Watching it at the moment and I really find it funny.

Also watched the doco on the Boston Marathon Bombing. That was very interesting because I remember being captivated by it on the news at the time, but to hear the stories of the people directly affected and the first responders was extremely sobering.
Watching the Boston one now. I have watched Patriots day several times, but this is the real deal. No Hollywood add ons. I love the Boston accent. It’s so unique.

Bear gryllzzzs....UGH!

Good on yer cousin though!
My mum keeps me updated with everything that he does (He is always on the go.) He has been on TV before for some doco with Catrina Rowntree. That big smile and humour isn’t faked either. He is one of those people who can make a shiit day turn good. He’s like a bearded Steve Irwin. The best part is of his three kids, his eldest is named Eagle. I remember when I found out they were having their second kid, I begged him to call it Cliffy. Unfortunately he’s an AFL supporter and didn’t have a clue about the great man (I offered to bring him up to speed of the exploits of Cliffy,but he and his wife declined!). Yeah so I don’t actually know what his 2nd and 3rd kids names’ are?

My mum keeps me updated with everything that he does (He is always on the go.) He has been on TV before for some doco with Catrina Rowntree. That big smile and humour isn’t faked either. He is one of those people who can make a shiit day turn good. He’s like a bearded Steve Irwin. The best part is of his three kids, his eldest is named Eagle. I remember when I found out they were having their second kid, I begged him to call it Cliffy. Unfortunately he’s an AFL supporter and didn’t have a clue about the great man (I offered to bring him up to speed of the exploits of Cliffy,but he and his wife declined!). Yeah so I don’t actually know what his 2nd and 3rd kids names’ are?

Awesome

I was going through my stuff before moving o/s and I found I had Catriona Rowntree's autograph from a zillion years ago.

Then I also found some "Pluka duck" feathers from hey hey it's saturday that I remember winning at an auction.

I also don't know the name of the 2nd and 3rd kids.... but I don't know the names of all of my cousins and any of their children.

(I hope he won)

Bear gryllzzzs....UGH!

Good on yer cousin though!
He ended up coming second. He got nearly all his topic Bear Grylls wrong!
He went good in the general questions though. But Benny being Benny, he wasn’t worried. Just happy. Seriously, I’ve never met a bloke that is so positive and happy….does my fkn head in! Jks.

A couple of things on SBS on demand, which has the virtue if being free "in these difficult times":

- a reinvention of War Of The Worlds in 3 seasons, with Gabriel Byrne probably the best-known face. Really enjoyable.

- "Day Of The Dead" a SyFy channel one series reinvention, this seems to get poorly reviewed but I think it is grand silly fun after a long day.

- apparently they are putting up all the X-Files seasons. So I will have a new go-to binge once I finish off Red Dwarf on Stan.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4