What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they keep raising their prices I think I'll get rid of a lot of the paid services....I'll still keep Kayo for the football but some of the free streaming services are pretty good. I watch a lot of the movies on SBS on Demand and Beamafilm. Netflix, Prime et al should be concentrating on upping their content not their prices.

If they keep raising their prices I think I'll get rid of a lot of the paid services....I'll still keep Kayo for the football but some of the free streaming services are pretty good. I watch a lot of the movies on SBS on Demand and Beamafilm. Netflix, Prime et al should be concentrating on upping their content not their prices.

If they keep it up I may have to read a book...or go outside!!!

(nah, I'll just download them from somewhere...cough)

PS: New season of Shetland out now.

Watched Renfield last night on netflix, I liked it. Sort of John Wick with more humour and a couple of cute characters (not that keanu isn't cute, but, well..) It's rare that I bother to watch a whole movie in one go these days but may not be to everyone's taste of course!

I've had Netflix for a few years now and rarely use it, not because of a lack of content that is for sure.

Mostly purchased for Drive to Survive but that is too edited towards hype, twisting the truth and exaggeration so i only watch that occasionally now for dumbed down entertainment which is fine also.

My main issue is when i have the time i keep previewing the previews and before i know it an hour has passed and i no longer feel like watching a complete show or movie.

A quick AI search mentions Netflix Australia has 3800+ movies and 1800+ television series, if one can't find something of interest in that i doubt anything will.

Sure more content means more crap to filter through but surely there is always something to find and for under $30 a month still reasonable value, would spend that on DVD hire weekly back in the "good old days" of "ripping" lol.

Funny how i watched more movies and shows in the 90's and early 2000's when i forced myself to watch what i hired to not feel i wasted my money and now i barely watch anything with far more content at my finger tips.

Last edited:

Doesn't one do enough reading in modern times from texting to surfing the net to make reading books almost redundant.

Sure in the formative years to expand ones writing and vocabulary skills i get it but there is diminishing returns as you age in that regard, one should be living life more as one ages not knitting and reading or gaming lol.

How one sits down for hours reading text off paper is beyond me especially if it is fiction.

Netflix has a series called ‘ Loudermilk’. For some reason I thought it was new. I started watching and after the first episode I knew I’d be binging it. I looked at how many episodes that would be. That’s when I see it’s season 1 of three, and came out in 2020!
My first reaction was, "you dick, you always check when it came out, but not this time!’
Then the realisation that I have nearly three seasons to go. But will it go to shiit after season 1 or 2?
Then after a bit of a background check, I find, although it suggests it is in Seattle, it is filmed in Vancouver, and nearly all the actors are Canadian.
Which brings me to another point…..how the hell did you not mention this show @globaleagle !?
( unless of course you thought it was shiit).
It is some of the best dark comedy writing and acting I’ve seen or heard. It’s like the writers have gone fuk it. Let’s pretend we’re not in Canada 2020-23. Fuk PC. Let’s tackle real world addictive issues in what I call, "laughter is the best medicine to overcome adversity". The writing and acting continue to get better as the series progresses. I tried to think of what it reminds me of, but the shows that it did remind me of a little ( night court, faulty towers, the young ones, love thy neighbour) they were all 70’s and 80’s shows, where you could get away with pretty much anything. And they never were meant to be anything but comedies of that era.
They don’t come close to the highly impressive way that the writers, producers handle the subject of alcoholism, and drugs in general in this era. Also the way they handle gender identity politics, pronouns, different generations.( It’s not a bash the millennials throughout, my generation comes in for a bit of stick as well). But it’s wrapped tightly in intellectual comedy writing, you just have to concede, " yeah you got me there".
If you like your comedies a bit on the dark side, while appreciating some of the best one liners, and rapid fire acting, this is it.

Last edited:
Got Foxtel, just got basic plan with movies. Then a few weeks ago they gave me every channel and Sport for FREE at no extra cost to me. Has anybody else got the same deal, could be just trying to shore up the old customers that they've got. Could be competition from the other pay TV providers that is giving me the best deal for years.

Netflix has a series called ‘ Loudermilk’.
Then after a bit of a background check, I find, although it suggests it is in Seattle, it is filmed in Vancouver, and nearly all the actors are Canadian.
Which brings me to another point…..how the hell did you not mention this show @globaleagle !?

I'm too humble to list shows I co-star in, I guess. :)

;);););););)

I'm too humble to list shows I co-star in, I guess. :)

;);););););)

81tOpeQ0OmL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

@globaleagle as Bubbles 🤔

The last season (boo) of letterKenny has dropped. Six episodes to wrap everything up nicely.

Shoresy (spin off) shall be continuing. (yay).

Reacher season 2 is out (weekly episodes).

And isn't it fun that Prime is going to introduce ads to shows and movies (unless you pay yet another $3)

Bezos must be down to his last 100 BILLION.
you`re completely right man

Netflix has a series called ‘ Loudermilk’. For some reason I thought it was new. I started watching and after the first episode I knew I’d be binging it. I looked at how many episodes that would be. That’s when I see it’s season 1 of three, and came out in 2020!
My first reaction was, "you dick, you always check when it came out, but not this time!’
Then the realisation that I have nearly three seasons to go. But will it go to shiit after season 1 or 2?
( unless of course you thought it was shiit).
It is some of the best dark comedy writing and acting I’ve seen or heard. It’s like the writers have gone fuk it. Let’s pretend we’re not in Canada 2020-23. Fuk PC. Let’s tackle real world addictive issues in what I call, "laughter is the best medicine to overcome adversity". The writing and acting continue to get better as the series progresses. I tried to think of what it reminds me of, but the shows that it did remind me of a little ( night court, faulty towers, the young ones, love thy neighbour) they were all 70’s and 80’s shows, where you could get away with pretty much anything. And they never were meant to be anything but comedies of that era.
They don’t come close to the highly impressive way that the writers, producers handle the subject of alcoholism, and drugs in general in this era. Also the way they handle gender identity politics, pronouns, different generations.( It’s not a bash the millennials throughout, my generation comes in for a bit of stick as well). But it’s wrapped tightly in intellectual comedy writing, you just have to concede, " yeah you got me there".
If you like your comedies a bit on the dark side, while appreciating some of the best one liners, and rapid fire acting, this is it.

Ok, I'm all caught up from binge watching the 3 seasons over the last week.

I'd never actually heard of it so thanks for the recommendation.

there was a couple of 'sub-plots' that I ended up fast forwarding through but all in all I thought it was not bad, and different, with entertaining takes of the types of jerks that wander around our lives feigning outrage at everything whilst simultaneously believing they are the pinnacle of evolution themselves.

aveagreatday

‘Boy swallows universe’. This series is going to clean up at award nights.
It started off a bit trippy. But by the second episode I was hooked.
So many new faces. The kid who played Eli (Jnr) Felix Cameron was brilliant.
The soundtrack is awesome (it’s starts in Darra Qld1985). And the good thing about a lot of the songs was it didn’t just play the first cpl of lines, the music production crew managed to play songs from start to end.
And being in the 80’s the artistic production mob have done a brilliant job of creating a set that had so many elements of that era that would go unnoticed if you weren’t around then.
Simon Baker is nearly unrecognisable, when you think back to his days of ‘the mentalist’. Outstanding cast all round. Based off the debut novel by Trent Dalton, who can expect some awards coming his way as well.

‘Boy swallows universe’. This series is going to clean up at award nights.
It started off a bit trippy. But by the second episode I was hooked.
So many new faces. The kid who played Eli (Jnr) Felix Cameron was brilliant.
The soundtrack is awesome (it’s starts in Darra Qld1985). And the good thing about a lot of the songs was it didn’t just play the first cpl of lines, the music production crew managed to play songs from start to end.
And being in the 80’s the artistic production mob have done a brilliant job of creating a set that had so many elements of that era that would go unnoticed if you weren’t around then.
Simon Baker is nearly unrecognisable, when you think back to his days of ‘the mentalist’. Outstanding cast all round. Based off the debut novel by Trent Dalton, who can expect some awards coming his way as well.
We watched the whole 7 episodes in one day, finished at 12.10 am. The last few episodes was really intense, the crim with the scar face, he deserved a lot worse death than being pushed of the church steeple. I thought Bryan Brown played his role really well also.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8