What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If you think you’ve seen everything there is to see about winning the Americas Cup, then you need to watch this. If you don’t get goosebumps at various stages of this Untold series, you’re not Australian!

Seen “Untold: The Race of the Century” on Netflix yet?

It's interesting (and annoying) that that dutch naval knob claims to have invented the winged keel (after refuting it in 1983).
Simply says he did it and continues to do so on his webpage.

The Bear
Disney+
Best thing I've seen in a very long time.
Thankyou so much on the tip.I don’t watch much on Disney. So there’s every chance I would’ve missed this brilliant series.
I worked in hospitality 20+ years.
This series is so tight with the terminology.
‘Absolutely on point with the crazy **** that goes on
in a main kitchen, and the emotional shiit that is intertwined, whilst busting your arse on 12 hour shifts. It’s bloody hard work, but if you get a good team, the camaraderie builds to a tight-nit family. (I miss the family meals, and staffies at the end of a day or night.)
I haven’t worked in that field for a long time, but within the first 30 minutes
memories started flooding back. Great memories. It was so therapeutic for me.
I have already e-mailed the production company wanting to know when (not if) the second season will be coming.
It is rating thru the roof on IMDb…8.5 last time I checked.
Once again @Budgie thank you.

Thankyou so much on the tip.I don’t watch much on Disney. So there’s every chance I would’ve missed this brilliant series.
in a main kitchen, and the emotional shiit that is intertwined, whilst busting your arse on 12 hour shifts. It’s bloody hard work, but if you get a good team, the camaraderie builds to a tight-nit family. (I miss the family meals, and staffies at the end of a day or night.)
I have already e-mailed the production company wanting to know when (not if) the second season will be coming.
I absolutely loved it even without the hospitality experience. So glad I could point you to it 😊

The Bear
Disney+
Best thing I've seen in a very long time.

I tried watching it yesterday and only got 5 mins in. Maybe my mindset was wrong.

But I was like: "Ok, I get it...you're struggling for cash...and have had 2 lines of non struggling for cash dialogue in 5 mins...c'mon already!!!!"

And why go back and run a crappy broke restaurant, full of argumentative and ungrateful staff? I don't get it. Where's the light sabers? (lol)

I tried watching it yesterday and only got 5 mins in. Maybe my mindset was wrong.

But I was like: "Ok, I get it...you're struggling for cash...and have had 2 lines of non struggling for cash dialogue in 5 mins...c'mon already!!!!"

And why go back and run a crappy broke restaurant, full of argumentative and ungrateful staff? I don't get it. Where's the light sabers? (lol)
Patience. The light sabers came in the sixth minute.

Patience. The light sabers came in the sixth minute.

Well....I struggled through the first episode.

Heard! Corner! Chef!

So again, a bunch of ingrates lead by a total d-head of a 'cousin' who's sending the place broke but won't change the system.

Are you guys sure....this is a good series? I must be missing something as it's rating well.

No...everyone else is wrong, I'm right!

Well....I struggled through the first episode.

Heard! Corner! Chef!

So again, a bunch of ingrates lead by a total d-head of a 'cousin' who's sending the place broke but won't change the system.

Are you guys sure....this is a good series? I must be missing something as it's rating well.

No...everyone else is wrong, I'm right!
It's a slow burn, starting at a crisis point then gradually revealing character as the tension mounts.
Pretty sure though, if it didn't grab you in the first episode, there's no point continuing, a bit like me with Game of Thrones - the show that convinced me that the rest of the world has no taste. None! 🤣🤣

It's a slow burn, starting at a crisis point then gradually revealing character as the tension mounts.
Pretty sure though, if it didn't grab you in the first episode, there's no point continuing, a bit like me with Game of Thrones - the show that convinced me that the rest of the world has no taste. None! 🤣🤣

lol

I don't think it's for me.

Though I looooooooooooooooooove how we're all suggesting shows, I think it's been a real bonus.

I did ~cough~ go to wiki and read a synopsis of the following episodes of Bear. That was good enough for me.

Kinda like 'scandal'. got around to watching it.... but just had enough by the penultimate season and didn't bother with the final one. Got through 10 mins of "How to get away with murder"

Yet to watch Mad Men, breaking bad, stranger things, and even.....ET !!!! ~gasp~

Anyway, nerds, enjoy your cooking show. (haha)

Loved A League of their Own but suspect it’s not for many on here 😉😎

Watched this today. The next episode in the ‘Untold’ series.
Well worth the watch. Maybe it’s just me, but I found a lot of
similarities to what has gone on at Manly. Not the major story,
just subtle symbolic references to Manlys troubles.

Seen “Untold: The Girlfriend Who Didn't Exist” on Netflix yet?

I watched episode 1 of this a couple of nights ago - think I know what you mean, the Polynesian community in the US all about "faith family and footy". I'll watch episode 2 soon.
Also saw the Americas Cup and Mardy Fish episodes, they're all well worth a look.

I watched episode 1 of this a couple of nights ago - think I know what you mean, the Polynesian community in the US all about "faith family and footy". I'll watch episode 2 soon.
Also saw the Americas Cup and Mardy Fish episodes, they're all well worth a look.
Yes, I’ve watched all of the Untold series so far.I really like how they put together their content. It’s very seamless and easy to binge.

ps. I watched this three part series last night.
Just when you think it can’t get any crazier…it does, on another level.
It is a binge watching documentary.

Seen “Sins of Our Mother” on Netflix yet?

Last edited:
Seen “Sins of Our Mother” on Netflix yet?
No don't watch a real lot but will keep it in mind, thanks. Have seen a few of the Untold so far, all well done I thought (and part 2 of the imaginary girlfriend, what a story! And the poor guy was hammered by fans and media (and comedians) just for being a nice if slightly simple guy. What do they expect from a footballer, sheesh!!?

Meanwhile - check out the Netflix program on Infinity. Bends the mind somewhat! (And you don't have to be a stats man or mathematician to follow it). They have mathematicians but also physicists, cosmologists, philosophers and others.
I found it interesting (but really really long*)

*don't worry that was a joke :)

Watching Succession (HBO) at the moment, which is really enjoyable. I didn’t realise that Will Ferrell was a producer at first, but when I found out you could see his finger prints all over it.

Also watched the new doco on Game Stop and the Robinhood fiasco (Netflix), which was enjoyable as well.

Oh, thank god there is someone else with the dislike for Game of Thrones. Its a bit like AFL for me. I’ve tried and tried to get into it (surely this many ppl can’t be numb nuts?!). But it turns out, there can be that many numb nuts.:p@:p

lol

I don't think it's for me.

Though I looooooooooooooooooove how we're all suggesting shows, I think it's been a real bonus.

I did ~cough~ go to wiki and read a synopsis of the following episodes of Bear. That was good enough for me.

Kinda like 'scandal'. got around to watching it.... but just had enough by the penultimate season and didn't bother with the final one. Got through 10 mins of "How to get away with murder"

Yet to watch Mad Men, breaking bad, stranger things, and even.....ET !!!! ~gasp~

Anyway, nerds, enjoy your cooking show. (haha)
Tell me you’re joking! You haven’t watched Breaking Bad yet!? That borders on sacrilege.:eek:

I watched "the biggest beer run ever". Was pleasantly surprised. Zac Efron was excellent in it. And it is a true story, backed up by the info in the credits.

*oh yeah, I forgot to say it’s on AppleTV+

I'm watching the Mr Mercedes series on Netflix at the moment. It's pretty true to the Stephen King trilogy, the music is good and Brendan Gleeson who plays detective Bill Hodges is a fantastic actor. Only just started the second series but it's good so far.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4