what's the magic key to us winning the comp?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
tough question eh
as I typed it I thought - can we REALLY win the sucker this year?
my answers:
• the ultra sparkly magic key is Jamie Lyon - he must stay uninjured
• the next magic key is our forwards must keep ramping up their intensity every game
• the next magic key is T Rex: Des must find a way to ignite this kid to unleash every time he gets the ball

if all of the above happens we could well win it

Who knows, maybe we will win it? We certainly are not the favourites, but we are in it.
I agree that T-Rex is a bit of a wild card for us, he has been much more weapon than weakness as the season has gone on and has the potential to go to another level - or at least we hope he has.

Magic key, have you flipped over all the blocks?

Just sounds awfully mario brothers to me

If we win the premiership this year it will be because of three players : Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin and Shane Rodney.

These three have performed every game, each and every time they touch the ball and when we win it is because we build off their solid foundation.

Rusty link said:
If we win the premiership this year it will be because of three players : Jamie Lyon, Matt Ballin and Shane Rodney.

These three have performed every game, each and every time they touch the ball and when we win it is because we build off their solid foundation.

+1

One word...consistancy

None of this " we are up or it this week and not the next"

Play to their potential and we "could" win it"

possession, keep possession no easy turn overs for the opposition. no stupid penalties complete our sets .. basically possession & discipline , we get that right no one will be in the game with us..  examples are saints game storm games .. we do that  for full 80 minutes we`re unstoppable,, but its just that undiscipline  thats give the opposition easy yards..

jjai link said:
possession, keep possession no easy turn overs for the opposition. no stupid penalties complete our sets .. basically possession & discipline , we get that right no one will be in the game with us..  examples are saints game storm games .. we do that  for full 80 minutes we`re unstoppable,, but its just that undiscipline  thats give the opposition easy yards..

Took the words out of my mouth. Poor discipline and not playing for the 80mins has been our only real downfall this season.

Momentum.  We cannot afford to lose any more than one game in the next month before the semis.  A home semi is vital to winning the comp.

Hodkinson's game is slowly starting to improve again after his admitted form slide due to contract distractions. He is going to have to want to play at his very best to pay back a club and a team who showed a heap of faith in him....when he could just of easily disappeared into oblivion.

Jamie & Matai give everything they have every week. The only time we lose is when the forwards don't turn up.

It's simple, good aggressive forwards running STRAIGHT and hard and then tacking with aggression.

The rest will take care of itself. The formula hasn't changed all that much, big aggressive forwards win big matches, period.

To think how many games we might have won if we weren't the most penalised (or one of the most) team in the competition.

This team has the goods. They just need to keep focus.

Simple, play for 80 mins like others have said. We have the attacking weapons to win against any side, it will come down to minimising errors and structured solid defense.

BAZ link said:
• the next magic key is T Rex: Des must find a way to ignite this kid to unleash every time he gets the ball

Get a hypnotist to make T-Rex think every opposition player is Slater, then let the big man run.

A few more beltings like he did last week and everyone will be scared of him.

Brett Stewart making a miraculous comeback from injury and other off field issues

If we have more points on the board than the oppositon at the end of 80mins, we have a fair chance of winning

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4