whats ONE thing you would change in our great game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bring back a mid-week knock-out comp!

Imagine - clubs would no doubt use this to trial lots of players and combos - mix a few 1st graders, with NSW cup and Holden cup players (eg Trbo, Gutherson etc). Make it unlimited interchange with a bigger bench.

The old comp was played in quarters too, so not necessarily a lot of fatigue.

1. Bring back the SHOULDER charge. I love it in the game.
Players to sign a disclaimer and let them vote on it. This way, the League is indemnified from responsibility. There are already rules in place saying you can't target a players head, even if it's an accident. So, why does the shoulder charge require to be banned? Ridiculous. It's the biggest highlight in the game. TV re-plays it constantly and uses it for promos. It's what majority of people want and the NRL is ignoring the fans and players.

2. Players who have done 10 years in one club to be exempt from the salary cap so that they can play out their career at the club they choose.

3. Constant Audit on C*nterbury, Wotsamatta and Rorters books. and Mel-Bourne too.

Ramrod said:
3. Constant Audit on C*nterbury, Wotsamatta and Rorters books. and Mel-Bourne too.

Audits to be done by independent, unconnected CPA's. Not I Schubert, not Greensnot, preferably accountants from UK or USA, with no NRL connections.

Not really a rule but would like to the finals series refereed under the same rules as the regular season..

It's the same competition so how can it be different.

And yeah one ref, two is just a masterchef recipe for differing interpretations.

HoldenV8 said:
8) - Someone OTHER than the Donkey's on Friday nights. Same with Ray Hadley. Bring back Andrew Voss.

You were going nearly as good as a ford until til 8).

Voss is an imbecile and a buffoon.

Alan said:
HoldenV8 said:
8) - Someone OTHER than the Donkey's on Friday nights. Same with Ray Hadley. Bring back Andrew Voss.

I like Andrew Voss. I once sent him a scratchie! (for doing some research for me)

globaleagle said:
Alan said:
HoldenV8 said:

I like Andrew Voss. I once sent him a scratchie! (for doing some research for me)

Just shows you can be a nice guy, and still be an imbecile and buffoon. I'm glad he is a better researcher than caller.

Just seen on Fox the first half of Manly & Souths from 1987 at Redfern Oval. Ron Gibbs scored a brilliant kick and chase try but the rest of the game was just terrible to watch. Can't believe people sat through stuff back then.

Brissie Kid said:
Just seen on Fox the first half of Manly & Souths from 1987 at Redfern Oval. Ron Gibbs scored a brilliant kick and chase try but the rest of the game was just terrible to watch. Can't believe people sat through stuff back then.

Saw that game the other day in NSW.

I don't mind the standard, or style of footy back then. Today's games are better in many ways, but it's skewed more for athletes now , not ''footballers''.

Was a hell of a try from Rambo too.

Brissie Kid said:

Saw that game the other day in NSW.

I don't mind the standard, or style of footy back then. Today's games are better in many ways, but it's skewed more for athletes now , not ''footballers''.

Was a hell of a try from Rambo too.

I was at the game, busy ignoring the ferals :dodgy:

The game has changed only because the modern Player is feted 7 days a week.

Those guys you critiqued, worked full time, trained 3 times in the evening after work and had zero recovery apart from the Magic Sponge :angel:

Raw talent vs fully orchestrated game plans carried out by Professional Athletes, thats the difference.

Manly has always been a mixture of the two types and thats why they maintain their top level standings :)

Brissie Kid said:

Were you born yet then? Cliffy played in those days. Research God and you'll learn.:p

He was nicci..I had a quick look and Brissie is 44 too!

Perhaps he's a kid of the future though, and has scant regard for history, unlike the more retrospective among us...lol.

Cliffy's is God, top of that list I'm guessing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6