What will the crowd number be for Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool08

Reserve Grader
As we all know Manly is up against it and we are basically playing in the dog's back yard.

I wonder how many Manly fans will be there as opposed to dog's fans.

Any suggestions?

All I can say IS - Go Manly. :D

20,000 Dogs' fans; 5,000 Manly fans. 1,000 others.
I'm tipping no more than 26,000.
For Easts V 'Boys I'm expecting less than 20,000.

Yeah TW doesn't that make a mockery of the NRL - the right ground for the right game.

If the Rooters and the cowpokers was played in Townsville it would be a sell out IMHO.

Being a Saturday night there is no excuse for northern beaches supporters not to attend. There was a lot of whinging before the Souths game because it was on a Friday (which is fair enough), but here's a chance to prove our supporters will cross the bridge given the right schedule.
I'm guessing 35000 +

I see my Facebook feed is being flooded with "If you are a real fan get to the game".

Clearly the club are VERY worried that given the performances and issues that most will stay away.

I'm in Brissie so def not wasting $1000 plus to come but I think if I lived in Sydney I would go, IF (and that's a very big if) we have a chance of an upset on Saturday night it will come from a few things going our way in the first 20, and the crowd lifting them keep the momentum up.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I see my Facebook feed is being flooded with "If you are a real fan get to the game".

That's giving no respect to fans. I'm a real fan of 50+ years standing, and a long-time member. Heck, I've already signed up for next season. Yet I'm not going because I want the team to show me that they are playing their hearts out for Manly. If they do this, and win through, then I'll pay my hard-earned to attend the semi-final, just as I've done for the many years.
Last Friday night was the first time I can remember being so saddened by the performance that I walked out. I made the effort to turn up... many of the players didn't. This was not the Manly that I've grown up loving.
So, I need to be shown that they have pride in the maroon-and-white. I'll watch it on TV, of course, but I can't see how we can expect a different performance when we have picked the same players. It's been a very difficult few months being constantly reading about player unrest and in-fighting, and I'm just disillusioned with several of the current mob.
So, that why my son and I won't be in the crowd on Saturday night. I hope the teams makes me regret it.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

That's giving no respect to fans. I'm a real fan of 50+ years standing, and a long-time member. Heck, I've already signed up for next season. Yet I'm not going because I want the team to show me that they are playing their hearts out for Manly. If they do this, and win through, then I'll pay my hard-earned to attend the semi-final, just as I've done for the many years.
Last Friday night was the first time I can remember being so saddened by the performance that I walked out. I made the effort to turn up... many of the players didn't. This was not the Manly that I've grown up loving.
So, I need to be shown that they have pride in the maroon-and-white. I'll watch it on TV, of course, but I can't see how we can expect a different performance when we have picked the same players. It's been a very difficult few months being constantly reading about player unrest and in-fighting, and I'm just disillusioned with several of the current mob.
So, that why my son and I won't be in the crowd on Saturday night. I hope the teams makes me regret it.

Can't blame you mate.

Look no doubt injuries have added to our woes BUT the attitude has been there from the first time the Bunnies beat us, that's the "line in the sand" when things started to go pear shaped.

I forced myself to watch it last Friday night but only because my son in law was staying and he'd call me a whimp for turning it off.

But at 40-0 and watching the antics of Rusty in the stands it was bloody hard work.

Sadly (and much like the Storm) its the end of an era, the cap has caught up with us and the ensuing issues when the old brigade have to go have made this a very sad ending to what looked to be a season of great promise.

Daddycool08 said:
Yeah TW doesn't that make a mockery of the NRL - the right ground for the right game.

If the Rooters and the cowpokers was played in Townsville it would be a sell out IMHO.

Then our game should be at ANZ if you're giving home ground advantage to the lower placed teams.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

You weren't the only one disappointed last week and you weren't by yourself walking out early, jeez I left 5 minutes into the 2nd half!!
But this wont stop me from attending this weekend, nor should it stop anybody else. Its a Saturday night, free buses from the leagues club, ticket also includes travel on Sydney trains - what more can our supporters ask for??
And in this case I agree with how the club are advertising it this week - "If you are a real fan get to the game" The team and club need our support at the moment and "the real fans" in Sydney and surrounding areas should attend this week.

Depends which crowd figure break up - the media one where we are guaranteed to be out numbered 5:1 no matter how many turn up, just like last week or the real one where we were outnumbered 1.5:1 last week.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I felt the same way until 10 mins ago. My boys will get a big surprise when they get home from school today. I just bought Bay 33 tickets for me and my boys. We may get a miracle win and wouldn't want to miss it. Looks like bay 32, bay 33 and bay 34 will be full of manly fans.

There is always a chance of a Manly win and to be part of it is priceless :)

People left with 10 to go in the Penriff game.
Those of us who stayed in moral support of our strugling Team, have an indelible and exhilirating memory of the primordal sound resonating in our hearts at an unlikely Manly win :angel:

Win Manly Big !

Duff said:
Daddycool08 said:

Then our game should be at ANZ if you're giving home ground advantage to the lower placed teams.

No Duff.

What I meant was if there is a chance of getting bigger crown at a local home venue the NRL should do that. Rather than stick rigidly to the set grounds. Take it on the road to generate the biggest crowds.

The weather forecast looks fine for Saturday. I'm thinking 31,037 people will turn up on Saturday night of which at least 10K will be Manly supporters.

Carn Manly!!!

Dogs and Manly fans not expecting a contest. Therefore probably no more than 23k. 4,500 MWSE but this difficult to predict. Is Matty playing or not?

sheridanstand78 said:
I think the crowd will be a out 28k. 10k supporting Manly. The rest indidels supporting the mutts

I assume you mean infidels? I would also assume most Manly fans are infidels when in reference to Islam.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

Know how you feel
Spent about 2 grand and tool three friends to thirst first game but
Could be one of our greatest ever victories
Won't be easy but that may make it even greater

Not in a position to attend, if I was I wouldn't go, barely interested in watching it.

Haven't felt like this since the Northern Eagles.

Losing doesn't bother me, I was there and thoroughly enjoyed last years Grand Final. But this season has turned into a massive disaster, after promising so much, and I can't wait for it to be over.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2