What we need to start winning.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes but Penrith have really good second tier depth, our second tier is atrocious. I agree that there are issues with our defence, our structures look like they are not being coached properly for sure and it has been happening since the later stages of last season when we had most of our FG squad. I still think we would not be at the bottom of the ladder if we had our full strength team.
Do not forget Penriths NSW Cup side won last year and I think their 20's either won or came second.

Their depth is waaaaaaay deeper than ours .

I really don't see how anyone can feel qualified to make judgments about our coaching structures / training being the issue when we are missing our starting props and keep picking up injuries to the backline.

I really don't see how anyone can feel qualified to make judgments about our coaching structures / training being the issue when we are missing our starting props and keep picking up injuries to the backline.
Because these issues have been apparent before we got so many injuries.

Because these issues have been apparent before we got so many injuries.

The team ran out of steam last year after all of the white-anting going on behind the scenes over Gifty not being offered a contract, but even with that we still only lost the last game of the season by a point. A game that a couple of smarter decisions in our last attacking set would have seen us win. I don't think this year's problems are last year's problems, not that the way last year finished was at all helpful.

The team ran out of steam last year after all of the white-anting going on behind the scenes over Gifty not being offered a contract, but even with that we still only lost the last game of the season by a point. A game that a couple of smarter decisions in our last attacking set would have seen us win. I don't think this year's problems are last year's problems, not that the way last year finished was at all helpful.
Doesn't change the fact our edge defence has been poor for a long time, even when we were winning games and all was well. We have been so lucky to have a few key players like Lyon, DCE, Matai and Gift that could setup a try out of nothing and cover up our issues. As those players are injured or move on the cracks become way more apparent.

We need a whole new attitude to defence. A complete reform of selections, bench usage. We need a "Goalkicker".
We need an aggressive pumped up attitude to begin the matches. There might be a certain unenthusiastic bunch of players or even just one. We need to do something about this - Something permanent. We need to have forwards playing as forwards, and not in the backs. We need the forwards to provide go forward.

Amongst all the doom and gloom one small, small ray of sunshine is that we get to watch Watmough suck tomorrow and read the eels forum again after the eels get smacked again. It was very funny last week.

Amongst all the doom and gloom one small, small ray of sunshine is that we get to watch Watmough suck tomorrow and read the eels forum again after the eels get smacked again. It was very funny last week.

This is about the only thing that's making football enjoyable at present, I love seeing it!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6