What we need to start winning.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Is a win!

Now I know that sounds silly, but over the last few weeks I've seen the likes of Ballin, Stewart, DCE, Hiku copping it but these guys did not become bad players overnight and our pack, despite being at the lower end of the quality scale is not the abomination that some make out

We are just severly lacking confidence atm

Winning becomes a habit and so does losing, I have no doubt we can jag a win soon, get some troops back and turn things around

The 8 may be difficult now but Manly will not win the spoon

Last edited:
A fit 17 starting players available, the quality of players is there, maybe not to win a premiership but not to be at the bottom of the ladder. Just need a bit of luck with the players getting injuries. Killer for example rushed back from groin injury, leaves the field after his first game back in weeks with an ankle strain.

Injuries are disrupting everything at the moment and forcing Toovs to play players not in their natural positions, or at least the positions they would have prepared for in the off season.

They need to break this cycle. I'd put them all on a plane today and put them in camp for the Melbourne game.

Too many park footballers in our side atm. We will need our full strength squad back to get a win. Our backup players are not as good as other clubs backup players. Even at full strength our forward pack are powder puffs. Then you take into account that the best players in our team don't have too many games left in them and you realise we need a major rebuild.

Too many park footballers in our side atm. We will need our full strength squad back to get a win. Our backup players are not as good as other clubs backup players. Even at full strength our forward pack are powder puffs.

This is correct. Due to success of the last 10 years and the pressure of Salary cap to keep our team together, we have been unable to recruit fringe first graders. We have recruited NSW cup players at best. Our depth is shocking and it is showing now. It's no surprise that we are now focusing on our juniors as recruiting from the outside costs too much money. It's going to be a tough couple of years, but we are focusing in the right areas. The good news is we have some gun juniors coming through, but this will take time. As fans we need to be patient and trust that the club is heading in the right direction.

I wish people would stop using injuries as an excuse. Penrith showed that last year. Believe in yourselves, you get runs on the board.

Simple as that.

We are poorly coached, and our attitude is pathetic.

I said it August last year. Cut the cancers away. Forans attitude and culture is rubbing off on the rest of the playing group.

Too many park footballers in our side atm. We will need our full strength squad back to get a win. Our backup players are not as good as other clubs backup players. Even at full strength our forward pack are powder puffs. Then you take into account that the best players in our team don't have too many games left in them and you realise we need a major rebuild.

I keep hearing that we need a major rebuild but is that really the case?

If Daly re-signs we have the bones of a team for the next 6 years

1. T Trbojevic
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Gutherson
7. DCE
8. J Trbojevic
13.Buhrer

Now obviously we are looking at a key forward signing and a half (2 if Daly goes)

Elgey and McInnes have been mentioned who would fit into that team nicely

B Stewart, Ballin, Matai, Lyon still have plenty to offer in the interm

Props develop later and Lui, Starling and Sao could still become very servicable players

And we have Pearsell, Travers, Ramian, Knight, Demetriou etc coming through with hopefully 1, 2 or 3 really step up

For mine we don't need a major rebuild, we just need to be astute with our recruitment over the next 3 years adding some quality and youth

For mine, perfect recruitment would be

Daly stays - lynchpin of our side moving forward
Myles signs - Quality forward, leader of our pack
Maloney signs - I wouldn't be upset with Elgey as a gamble but i think Maloneys goalkicking would be ideal, he has experience and he would be a good 2 yr bridging signing for Travers or Pearsell
Ofahungaue signs - young prop to develop alongside Trjbojevic
McInnes signs - I like Hodges and would continue with his development if we miss out on McInnes but i think this kid is the real deal

then next seasons team looks like

1.Stewart
2.Tuafua
3.Lyon
4.Matai
5.Gutherson/Trbojevic
6.Maloney
7.DCE
8.Trbojevic
9.Ballin
10.Myles
11.Mateo
12.Burher
13.Lui

14.McInnes
15.Symonds
16.Starling
17.Ofahungue

Forming the base of a future team

1. T Trbojevic
2. Taufua
3. Hiku
4. Gutherson
6.Pearsell/Travers
7. DCE
8. J Trbojevic
9. McInnes
10.Ofahungue
11.Knight
12.Buhrer
13.Lui

14.Starling
15.Demetriou

I wish people would stop using injuries as an excuse. Penrith showed that last year. Believe in yourselves, you get runs on the board.

Simple as that.

I said it August last year. Cut the cancers away. Forans attitude and culture is rubbing off on the rest of the playing group.

Penrith haven't been in the top 8 for the last 10 years in a row. They also have a massive junior league base, which has been their focus the last few years when Gus was brought in. There is no comparison between us and Penrith. Depth is critical to the success of a football team and unfortunately we do not have any this year

That's rubbish. They came 4th last season, completely injury ravaged.

No offense, but I find these posts from individual's using the true supporter, and "encourage & don't give up on the players" types of posts a real strain to read. We are here already !! Why say that to us? Is it to prove your a loyal fan to everyone (so this isn't pointed in your direction MPC75)?

Here's the thing - The Panthers didn't use injuries as an excuse last season, and they were as bad off as us, and they kept winning, because they were well coached, and all the players were pulling in the right direction. In my opinion, our players have a massive attitude problem, and I hope Fulton tears them apart, and some players are cut loose. Time for accountability - because this team has none.

There is truth in both points of view Ryan, yes, players are out of form, attitude in defence is disgraceful and certain players ala Foran, seem to be not putting in at all

That said, we have been particularly hard hit by injuries, not saying that without them we would be leading the comp but i think we would have 2 maybe 3 more wins and be sitting around 8th

That's rubbish. They came 4th last season, completely injury ravaged.

No offense, but I find these posts from individual's using the true supporter, and "encourage & don't give up on the players" types of posts a real strain to read. We are here already !! Why say that to us? Is it to prove your a loyal fan to everyone (so this isn't pointed in your direction MPC75)?

Here's the thing - The Panthers didn't use injuries as an excuse last season, and they were as bad off as us, and they kept winning, because they were well coached, and all the players were pulling in the right direction. In my opinion, our players have a massive attitude problem, and I hope Fulton tears them apart, and some players are cut loose. Time for accountability - because this team has none.

We can agree to disagree Ryan. If we were missing a quarter of our team I could go with your logic, but when it is half our team missing, I think it is fair to be using injuries and depth as an excuse. You may have a point with their attitude, for me I think it is a trust issue. The Senior guys currently playing have little trust in the guys that are replacing the good players that are missing. They don't trust that the replacements are going to get the job done.

I choose to be positive in a time of crisis, that's just the way I think. I am also hoping that the players and club are choosing the same mindset, if they are not, well then yes we are well and truly stuffed.

Simple as that.

I wish people would stop using Penrith 2014 as an example as they never had large chunks their starting 17 out together in any game last year let alone 3 weeks in a row. Their injuries were to the fringe players most of the time.

Here is a list of their injuries start/finish rounds

http://injuryupdate.com.au/nrl-penrith-panthers-injury-list.php

Simple as that.

Yes but Penrith have really good second tier depth, our second tier is atrocious. I agree that there are issues with our defence, our structures look like they are not being coached properly for sure and it has been happening since the later stages of last season when we had most of our FG squad. I still think we would not be at the bottom of the ladder if we had our full strength team.

I wish people would stop using Penrith 2014 as an example as they never had large chunks their starting 17 out together in any game last year let alone 3 weeks in a row. Their injuries were to the fringe players most of the time.

Here is a list of their injuries start/finish rounds

http://injuryupdate.com.au/nrl-penrith-panthers-injury-list.php

I disagree we have just as many fringe players out in fact some of our outs are not even first grade standard yet we include it in our list 2 justify our performance.

Injuries have played a big part I give you that but the shameful attitude 2 defence we have shown this season is embarrassing on top of our fitness levels.

Donny has got a lot of pat's on the back over the years but something has gone wrong because we don't seem as fit as we once were.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7