What to do about Fittler?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The whole spectrum of football commentary across fta paytv and radio is crap Other sports are so much better than what we get.

Add that Junkie Johns in there too. What a biased, self agenda driven moron he is.
As for AFL...come on! How dare any good loving league fan follow that crap sport...even so, they too have their bogans like that red head boofhead that played for geelong...

bob dylan said:
his biggest problem is not related to football.

he is a lowlife scumbag.

Couldn't agree more Bob. Any person who chooses to have nothing to do with their own child is a lowlife scumbag.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10126913

The infatuation of using ex players is the biggest draw back to having professional callers in rugby league.

Besides Sterling, Alexander and more recently Joel Caine, the rest are illiterate, tongue tied clowns.

It may be by Nein's design to have a blokey, boof head commentary team.

Doesn't do a thing in promoting the game at all, in fact it makes it less and less appealing to the majority of fans who enjoy sensible and analytical commentary.

"Um ahhh listen mate, um waddya fink about umm ya chances of yous and da boys in winnen tanite an nat " .

Daveagle said:
Doesn't do a thing in promoting the game at all, in fact it makes it less and less appealing to the majority of fans who enjoy sensible and analytical commentary.
"Um ahhh listen mate, um waddya fink about umm ya chances of yous and da boys in winnen tanite an nat " .
Spot on. When the league coverage starts its like the special kids class is in session.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
He talks like he has some balls in his mouth or something. What's up with that?

Too funny. I can't stand him or that Mathew Johns can't stand his show either

I actually like the idea of miking up players ala the NFL and what the sterlo show has done this year

Roger_Ramjet said:
Add that Junkie Johns in there too. What a biased, self agenda driven moron he is.
As for AFL...come on! How dare any good loving league fan follow that crap sport...even so, they too have their bogans like that red head boofhead that played for geelong...

Roger.....I am a good loving league fan and while I don't follow the AFL, I love Aussie rules football (I was one of 38,644 who went to the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) Grand Final at the Adelaide Oval yesterday and saw a cracking game which in the end was decided by only 4 points). Yes, I am from Adelaide and I grew up with Aussie rules, but I love my league just as much, and I love the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles even more.

You are correct though, there are some boofheads in Seven's AFL commentary team. The only ones I generally have time for are Dennis Cometti and Bruce McAvaney (like me, Bruce is an Adelaide boy and I grew up in the 80's with him doing SANFL commentary).

Nein's team seems to be infected by Footy Show silliness, especially with Fittler and Finch.

wedgetail eagle said:
There was a time you had to talk with a bit of "polish" to get a gig on radio or television,
now...any mug can get a job.

Being a panel member of The Footy Show seems to be Nein's on the job training for being a commentator.

I don't mind a little of Fittler and A Johns light hearted banter but I can see at times it is a little too much for some.

On the other hand I also hate hearing from reporters/commentators who have no idea about the game trying to ask serious questions and coming up flat.

I agree it needs to be toned down but it does not bother me--- a bit of light hearted fresh air away from the seriousness of playing the toughest game of all.

Ray Warren and Gus trying to be funny annoys the hell out of me more, oh and don't forget Mr "Wing 3/4 Drop Kick Hadley".

As much as I hate "Talkin Sport"(damn some weirdos call up who don't even realise they are getting the wind up to go to the next caller) I did enjoy Graeme Hughes commentary on Channel 10 back in the day.

Beau Ryan is another CH9 up & comer who fits the job description.
Ryan struggles to keep a conversation on a serious level for any length of time.

wedgetail eagle said:
Beau Ryan is another CH9 up & comer who fits the job description.
Ryan struggles to keep a conversation on a serious level for any length of time.

When the joke was on Beau during his perfect partners segment he did not take it all that well almost losing it.

Tries too hard and loves the attention too much.

Ha Ha very funny lets spot the unemployed, the missing teeth or Asian who can't speak should be enough material in that demographic to do another Beau Knows.

For mine Fitler seems like not only is he smashing a thousand beers before he gets on tele but hes washing down a few of a-johns special pills.

The guy dead set sounds like a methadone patient some times. Im concerned for his well being.

I sincerely hope for his sake he is on the juice or pills...that can be rectified. The alternative is sectioning under the mental health act if his behaviour continues.

HoldenV8 said:
Roger_Ramjet said:

Roger.....I am a good loving league fan and while I don't follow the AFL, I love Aussie rules football (I was one of 38,644 who went to the South Australian National Football League (SANFL) Grand Final at the Adelaide Oval yesterday and saw a cracking game which in the end was decided by only 4 points). Yes, I am from Adelaide and I grew up with Aussie rules, but I love my league just as much, and I love the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles even more.

You are correct though, there are some boofheads in Seven's AFL commentary team. The only ones I generally have time for are Dennis Cometti and Bruce McAvaney (like me, Bruce is an Adelaide boy and I grew up in the 80's with him doing SANFL commentary).

Nein's team seems to be infected by Footy Show silliness, especially with Fittler and Finch.

I agree about Fittler and many in the Chookpen feel the same. Sometimes we want to yell STFU! because he is a bogan but due to his thing with the club, we manage it while wincing. Mind you Vautin, while not as bad, is also a bit of a bogan and I can tell you that cause i worked with him many times on broadcasts.
The thing is that Nine believe they have to call the game and provide a bit of comedy thus you get Abbott and Costello(Rabbs & Gould). While I watch the Footy show on Thursdays, I really hate all that crap about crack a fat, or best partners what ever it is. I only watch it for the 15 minutes of footy talk. Sunday Footy is better but I do hate Johns anti Roosters agenda like he had last Sunday and to counter that is Freddy.

Unfortunately league doesn't have a serious game caller that has the same class and style of Commetti or in soccer Martin Tyler. NRL is all about 'FUN' :D

In AFL you have the same style boofheads doing the Footy show. If they had the Footy broadcast, you'd have the same style of call.
Is Dennis Commetti still calling?? Gawd, it reminds me of when I was living in Perth in the late 80's.

@RR-You do well to sit thru the Fatty show, I've heard ASIO use it to get suspects to talk.
I can't watch it.
Also, AFL's Matty Richardson seems a bit slow as a sideline commentator, that former player thing again.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2