What Silvertails provided to the club on memberships, marketing and media

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Byso, so my definition of \"other\" was reasonably accurate then.

Not particularly, I don't expect anyone to be a "disciple of Silvertails".

As I said before it was aimed at the sites main detractors. As many people appreciate this site but may not post regularly.

That would seem to be a problem with this site, a large number of registered members, large numbers of site visits, but yet only a relative handful of people actually post their views.

That would seem to be a problem with this site, a large number of registered members, large numbers of site visits, but yet only a relative handful of people actually post their views.

Don't see it as a problem and from what I see this site is very active compared to others.

I am not sure what you mean by "left out" but as site owners I thought there may have been some dissapoitment with the small number of forum posters. Just my view, after all I know you all appreciate constructive critiscm.

The site is very active compared to others.

We've had many different forum posters today and during the season many more posters. So I really don't get you're point.

How many forum posters do you think is acceptable for you in a RL forum in the off season Pete?

The forum is but a small part of the site and I dont expect everyone to post. many come here just to se the news, the photos or read the forums. I use to do the same on other sites before i decided to start posting.

So not a dissapointment or problem at all. This isnt just a supporter group website its for all manly supporters to get info

I know of many people who visit for the news, quickly read the forum and then get back to real life without posting. (
Some people have lives!!:lol:)

I did that for many years on OEE and ME until a guys like Ryan J, Zaphod, Matabele, Sue Ridgepipe, Las Vegas and co got me stirred into some debate.

For a long time I felt like an outsider on ME and as if I was someone who was interrupting the in-group conversation. Was probably wrong but that was how the impression was!!

How many forum posters do you think is acceptable for you in a RL forum in the off season Pete?

To be honest Byso I really don't know what what is an acceptable number, I have no knowledge of what percentage of users of other web-sites are in comparison to the registered number of users of their forums.

What I have said is simply my opinion, I seem to remember someone saying or I read that you have somewhere near 500 registered members, without doing any research I would suggest that there are about 20-30 regular forum users. That is a "take up" rate of about 5% for the forum.

Maybe as Canteen Worker says that they may feel like outsiders on this site and do not want to get involved in what, in many instances are essentially private conversations.

I am in no way being critical, it was simply something that came to mind after a comment Byso made earlier in this thread.

pete, if the aim of the site was to get every erson who visits the site posting in the forum, then it would be very dissapointing. However that is not the aim of the site and the forum is just one feature and not the core focus of the site.

we now have closer to 700 members but you remove double signups and non active members then that value would be closer to 500.

I am happy with that amunt and it would probably interest you to know that the most popular page on this website is the news page, our articles and bysos photos.

A good example of the non posting members was the tipping comp. We had a lot of members i didnt even know about.

I also know at least 10 people who just read the site and nothing more

no. the news pages get the most hits, bysos photos rank about 3rd

did not explain myself correctly, I meant within his gallery the cheerleaders must get the most hits!!!!

thats the case for me :D

lol, i dont track that but i am pretty sure you would be correct there

Daniel, I am in no ways being critical. Based on your figures my view on the site is clearly out of step with the majority of your members as I never read the news pages.

You have mentioned the 1st & 3rd most viewed areas, presumably the forums rank no 2?

the articles rank 2nd, or did in the season the forums are slowly overtaking bysos photos now and I would say barring any real ground breaking fresh content over the off season the forums will be in second by kick of of 2006 season

When the footy starts the forums would drop back I presume?

Not everyone enjoys participating in our silly arguements I suppose either.

It doesn't matter, I reckon the ex player profiles will be the No 1 attraction by 2006 anyway :D ;)

I notice that many new members who sign up go straight to the gallery. Probably the cheerleader photos are very popular.

The front page has all the latest Manly news and I suspect we get plenty of non posters viewing that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6