What should I do?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[quote author=Canteen Worker]
[quote author=Matabele]
Canteen Worker! You know who might benefit from reading this thread?
Blunty I have a girl who is doing her HSC - she is not coming this Sunday though she is a Manly fan from the day she was born (1987 - premiership year!!!! :clap: ) 1. She is staying at home to study 2. I want to keep her away from blokes like you!!! :roll: :roll: j/k (Seriously she was going to come but has missed two weeks by being sick and trials start on Monday.

Blunty, I will give you 10 mins English coaching if you like. Maybe this site could give some good hints on Powerplay or Imaginative journeys. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
[/quote]

English coaching? Can you turn him into a women, because in the fair dinkum department that's the only way you can carve English up.
[/quote]

Girls just study their asses off because they think it's (it being the HSC) is the most important thing in the world. You can do very well in English just from rote learning. Guy's go for the "wake up that morning and hope for the best" routine. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't.

i hated english in year 11 because we had this new female teacher who wasa bit of a feminist (surpise surprise) and she made us read all this feminist BS all year. Fuuny thing was though that I topped the class and came 3rd in the year that year :(

There is nothing funny about that Dan but it does explain a lot of things

It was always fun though when we would start calling the girls sheilas and "oi biatch, can you pass me that book" that always ended up in a 30 minute lecture :D

Blunty -

Firstly - do you need a UAI??

If not follow dans advice and excell in your chosen area and live it up the rest of the time, it wont make any difference later in life.

you need to assess how you are going in the subjects. If for example you had a crap english teacher and came 4th in the class with a raw assesment mark of 73 you would think your doing ok - anyhow after scaling i got 45 for my assesment mark and bottom 20% in the state. Be careful of **** teachers is my warning. Still ended up with a UAI in the high 80's but know whether you need to extra study or if it is overkill.

Also when you turn 18 in the trials be sure to get smashed going into your 2 unit computers exam - and get 80% lol, worked for me.

my UAI meant **** to me! I dont even remember what I got. By the time the HSC came around I was ready to leave and start work.

Blunty -

If not follow dans advice and excell in your chosen area and live it up the rest of the time, it wont make any difference later in life.

you need to assess how you are going in the subjects. If for example you had a crap english teacher and came 4th in the class with a raw assesment mark of 73 you would think your doing ok - anyhow after scaling i got 45 for my assesment mark and bottom 20% in the state. Be careful of **** teachers is my warning. Still ended up with a UAI in the high 80's but know whether you need to extra study or if it is overkill.

Also when you turn 18 in the trials be sure to get smashed going into your 2 unit computers exam - and get 80% lol, worked for me.

Same. I had a **** English teacher. Top bloke, but terrible teacher. English turned out to be easily my worst, didn't cost me, but scarred me psychologically.

[quote author=Matabele]
I had no problems with English when I was at School. ;)

In Zimbawe or Australia?
[/quote]Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

When I turned up in Australia I was 3 years ahead of my class in English.

Might be something in that. English was rigorously taught over there. We had to write 6 essays a week. 3 for English language and 3 for English literature.

(That's right, we had two separate English subjects and they were compulsory).

Now you know why I can knock out nonsense like "The Bird" in half an hour.

Years of practice. :blah: :blah:

[quote author=Fluffy]
Blunty -

Same. I had a **** English teacher. Top bloke, but terrible teacher. English turned out to be easily my worst, didn't cost me, but scarred me psychologically.

[/quote]

you didnt go to Cromer High did you?

[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Fluffy]
Blunty -

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not quite, why's that?

just sounds like half the english department there :D

I went to St Pauls, left there and went to Cromer.

one of my good friends girlfriends is a teacher there :D

English teachers have to be the worst doing the rounds. Easy.

Cromer, heard of it, buggered if I'd know where it is. Sounds alright.

thtas why I heald my lip on that one captain Le Snack

[quote author=Volley]
English teachers have to be the worst doing the rounds. Easy.
Thanks Volley. I love you too!!!!! :wall:
:wall: :wall:
[/quote]

Thought you'd like that one. It was a deliberate dog shot.

[quote author=Volley]
[quote author=Fluffy]
Blunty -

[/quote]

[/quote]

Duff went to cromer high.

I had a teacher who recieved a 5 year ban on senior english after our classes ****house performance (we did complain constantly that she was crap) Doesnt worry me now.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6