What should I do?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blunty

Reserve Grader
I've got a bit of a problem.

I'm keen to go down to Brooky on sunday, because the boys need as much support as possible to get a win up, it is a massive game. However since I'm doing my HSC this year, my trials start next monday.

Shall I watch a capitulation in the study room or on the field?

no go tot he game.

HSC trials are lame!.

actually I should be careful. When i did my HSC in 99 I didnt care about my results. I have since found that the majority of the people who tried reallyahrd and gave away all their time to study are now unemployed and many of them have very few future prospects. On the other hand many of the peole whowere like myself, have come out of it with great jobs and careers.

I spoke to one such bloke who is now in sports marketing and loves it.

Learn very quickly Blunty - footy eventually takes priority over everything - although picking up chicks might for a few years take a precendance by the time you are married you will be bakc at Brookie.

I think the HSC is a crock of **** the way it is worked out. I had a big problem with over studying and getting into the exam to proclaim- "what a fcuking waste of time that study was".
Unless you keen on being a doctor, there's always a way of getting yourself into a course (even if you have to wait a while) regardless of your result.
Don't worry about it....
Go to the footy and enjoy it !

Looks like I'm goin to the footy then.

Don't know whether I'll enjoy it though PJ, that is still yet to be decided. !pray: !pray:

actually I should be careful. When i did my HSC in 99 I didnt care about my results. I have since found that the majority of the people who tried reallyahrd and gave away all their time to study are now unemployed and many of them have very few future prospects. On the other hand many of the peole whowere like myself, have come out of it with great jobs and careers.

I spoke to one such bloke who is now in sports marketing and loves it.

I knew a bloke who was studying 5 hours from year 7 onwards. He ended up stressing out so much over the HSC, that one day he just curled up in faetal (however the **** you spell it) position. Ended up getting all these benefits though when sitting the exams.

lol Yup there were many like that.

I have a philosophy on exams in highschool "If i didnt learn it from being in the classroom, i wont ever learn it" that is the point of a test.

My friends and I would go to the pub between exams if we had a morning and arvo exam. We were very casual about our school work. Your now talking about a Teacher, a Marine Biologist and an IT Analyst

That's a poor philosophy when it comes to Uni, well in my case anyway.

The three you mentioned there were obviously always going to succeed. For every one person you mentioned, there are 3 on the dole, or in an average profession.

too true too true (i am the IT analyst...dur)

yeah that philosophy does not work for uni, thats why I was careful tos ay High School.

BTW I am shocked to find Blunty is only just finishing high School. I thought you were much older

Blunty, I enjoyed Yr 12, did bugger all study and was then nead hunted by the local Uni for the course I did.

Yopu know what they say in your first week of lectures? "In 3 weeks your HSC result won't mean ****".

Then when I left Uni they said "In 3 weeks time your degree won't mean ****".

That's not to say cop out and do nothing. But don't think of the HSC as the be all and end all.

I expect you'll be sitting with us on the weekend?

Go to Brookvale for sure. I did the same this time last year, in the same circumstance and I definitely don't regret it.

Blunty, I enjoyed Yr 12, did bugger all study and was then nead hunted by the local Uni for the course I did.

Yopu know what they say in your first week of lectures? \"In 3 weeks your HSC result won't mean ****\".

Then when I left Uni they said \"In 3 weeks time your degree won't mean ****\".

That's not to say cop out and do nothing. But don't think of the HSC as the be all and end all.

I expect you'll be sitting with us on the weekend?

Dunno mate don't know any of the Alternate blokes, don't beleive you've been to many games though Mata. Good to see you're making the trip.

I usually just head down with some mates.

Don't know where you all got the impression I was 30 from.

Canteen Worker! You know who might benefit from reading this thread?
Blunty I have a girl who is doing her HSC - she is not coming this Sunday though she is a Manly fan from the day she was born (1987 - premiership year!!!! :clap: ) 1. She is staying at home to study 2. I want to keep her away from blokes like you!!! :roll: :roll: j/k (Seriously she was going to come but has missed two weeks by being sick and trials start on Monday.

Blunty, I will give you 10 mins English coaching if you like. Maybe this site could give some good hints on Powerplay or Imaginative journeys. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

I havent met this daughter have I CW?
I think I have met 2 of your girls though

[quote author=Matabele]
Canteen Worker! You know who might benefit from reading this thread?
Blunty I have a girl who is doing her HSC - she is not coming this Sunday though she is a Manly fan from the day she was born (1987 - premiership year!!!! :clap: ) 1. She is staying at home to study 2. I want to keep her away from blokes like you!!! :roll: :roll: j/k (Seriously she was going to come but has missed two weeks by being sick and trials start on Monday.

Blunty, I will give you 10 mins English coaching if you like. Maybe this site could give some good hints on Powerplay or Imaginative journeys. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:
[/quote]

English coaching? Can you turn him into a women, because in the fair dinkum department that's the only way you can carve English up.

Very true comment Volley. Guys really do struggle in the English department, going on past marks and rankings. Probably because the subject reminisces this emoticon......... :bdh: .

Good to see you've passed on the legacy CW.

Maybe this site could give some good hints on Powerplay or Imaginative journeys. :yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Haha, I totally forgot about both of those, possibly a subconscious memory blockage. I hated English, so much so, I got all of my History and Maths work done during the classes. Ironically, it ended up being my highest mark in the HSC. Go figure.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4