What Price Kane Elgey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tap, tap, tap.......open the door man. It's Dave. I've got the stuff.....
Dave ? Dave's not here man.........

No. I'm Dave.

Has anyone seen Dave ?
If you don't get a goddamn win, we're shipping you off to Parra fool, with that goddamned Foranstein **** kid....sonovabitch...

If you don't get a goddamn win, we're shipping you off to Parra fool, with that goddamned Foranstein **** kid....sonovabitch...
Nice too see you all revved up and ready to go with maroon fire in your belly this morning Tezar !!!
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!

I think we need to go with a youth policy.

If you look back at the Roosters in 2011 went on a slide. They made the GF the year before, then Carney walked out on the club during the season, big name players were moved on and by 2012 they were contending for a wooden spoon and the coach was sacked. They had the youngest playing roster in the league. From memory all players (bar Mini) were 23 or younger.

Flash forward a couple of seasons and the likes of Cordner, Guerra, RTS, Tupou, and Friend, were no longer up and comers, they were established first graders with premiership rings. The situation continues with guys like Napa, Evans, Lui, and Taukeiaho coming into grade as a fearsome crop of young forwards.

The long way is the short way. A little bit of pain now to build a team that will challenge in 3-4 years time, is better than stocking up on middle of the road types that will scrape into the 8 here and there without ever amounting to anything spectacular.

I don't think we need to move our experienced players on just yet, but I think Mason is definitely in his final year, and Killer, Matai, and Ballin should realistically only go around again next season before calling it a day; the dynamism is dropping away. Every year I think the NRL becomes more of a young persons game. These kids coming through are just so powerful, fast, and athletic, that the older boys struggle to keep up.

'Hey kid, want a long lasting and financially rewarding career at Parramatta? Well, the easiest way to get the big coin from them is to win a premiership or two with Manly first.' Done. He'll sign.

Foran could have Wally Lewis, Bozo and Brad Fittler mentoring him he had hit his ceiling he just isn't that kind of player. Solid but not a natural half and is a miniature lock forward
Maybe the Club erred in not employing Ian Martin as Foran's personal skills coach.

Kids too green, Not ready for firsts. Agree sezer is solid will not win a game but not lose one. His kicking game is very strong, and best footy is in front of him.
Sharks may not need a 6 way Jack bird went, so we are in for big chance for sezer hopeful.
Sharks are signing Chad Townsend.

After seeing him play

I want him and i want Joey to teach him

Corey Norman would make a good foil for him too
Mate
Elgey is too small & would get smashed every week. He also may take 3 years to amount to anything. .

Just like Luke Keary then?[/QUOTE]

Elgey defended alright the other night. Only just starting as a full time player. Will fill out over the next 12 months also.

I was vehemently opposed to signing Sezer, but I had a weekend away up the Gold Coast and caught the Donkeys Titans game at CBus (was quite taken with the ground by the way) and Sezer was fantastic.

He put up a couple of towering spiral bombs, threw some gorgeous passes from left to right (he gives good early ball) and he defended stoutly. At one stage he rushed out of the line and roughed up one of the Brisbane forwards showing strong aggression.

Whilst he needs a good organising half inside him, we could do much worse than to draft him to Manly. He was much better than Maloney was yesterday and would cost less. In fact I think a Elgey/Sezer combination could blossom providing we spend up big in the forwards.

I was vehemently opposed to signing Sezer, but I had a weekend away up the Gold Coast and caught the Donkeys Titans game at CBus (was quite taken with the ground by the way) and Sezer was fantastic.

He put up a couple of towering spiral bombs, threw some gorgeous passes from left to right (he gives good early ball) and he defended stoutly. At one stage he rushed out of the line and roughed up one of the Brisbane forwards showing strong aggression.

Whilst he needs a good organising half inside him, we could do much worse than to draft him to Manly. He was much better than Maloney was yesterday and would cost less. In fact I think a Elgey/Sezer combination could blossom providing we spend up big in the forwards.

Got to agree - Sezer looked average at best a couple of weeks ago with poor options & poor timing but looked the goods in the Bronco game.
Maybe realised he needs to shine now to up his pay packet but whatever the case....it worked.

I actually thought after that game, if that doesn't change a cpl ppls minds, I don't know what will. I know I did say that Elgey isn't ready for first grade, but we really don't have a choice. An off season with Joey (and hopefully Tooves) could work wonders.

I actually thought after that game, if that doesn't change a cpl ppls minds, I don't know what will. I know I did say that Elgey isn't ready for first grade, but we really don't have a choice. An off season with Joey (and hopefully Tooves) could work wonders.
I think he looks to have plenty of ability. Passes well and not frightened to have a dig. A good off season and he could be just what we need.

Riley Travers is currently 1/2 back in the only undefeated team in the NYC and is 20/21 next season. He has represented NSW, and his team has an average of 21 points per game.

Why not give him a shot?

Kane Elgey has 1 NRL game on him. Save the dollars, and grow from within like Penrith. Jamie Lyon can slot in at 5/8.

Riley Travers is currently 1/2 back in the only undefeated team in the NYC and is 20/21 next season. He has represented NSW, and his team has an average of 21 points per game.

Why not give him a shot?

Kane Elgey has 1 NRL game on him. Save the dollars, and grow from within like Penrith. Jamie Lyon can slot in at 5/8.

I don't mind that idea. JL as 5/8 will ease the point leaks at centre in 2016 as he slows.
Not a bad suggestion.

Needs to improve his at the line ball playing and variation, some of the early balls were pointless and made for easy reads---you don't just throw an early ball for the sake of it, it is all about reading the situation and the type of player who is receiving the ball.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6