What Manly player bothers you?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
What current Manly player, makes you hope that he doesn't stuff up when involved in the play?

I can't find a fault in the team this year so far Byso. I think the team as a whole seem pretty solid. Maybe ask this again after 2-3 round of the season proper has been run...

Ryan, so not one player who played last year will have you concerned during a game for the 2006 season?

I am a huge fan of Kite and think that he will carry our pack this year. It does worry me about his hands at time.

Once a game he used to be tackled by Mr Invisible and it was funny that one of his worst injuries last year was when he stubbed his toe on a coffee table.

I know he is one of our best players but I really used to worry when Brett Stewart was under a high ball last season.

Kane bothered me, high shots and penalties.

Stewy under the high ball, especially under lights.

Mattai at times had a habit of giving away penalties plus inexperience in defence was clear to see numerous times.

It's not so much the players but the cheerleader's "please will you sleep with me again", "why don't you call me anymore" it never stops :lie:

Kane - what byso said
Kylie - just praying that he doesn't do a Hoppa and end up watching more than playing
Monas - no more magic roundabouts please
Rose - hopefully not attempting to emulate the Squasher
Kingey - in every respect. When he puts his hand up I am hoping it won't be because he wants to come off.
Witt - I really like him - tough and talented, but how does one lose 10 seconds in decision making time so quickly? My advice - eat more fish.
Morwood - explain again exactly why is he there and Hecks aint!
Dunners - stop spitting chips and let his angry vengeful smurf personality drop some happy pills. May be sitting next to Kylie for long stretches.

Kane - what byso said
Kylie - just praying that he doesn't do a Hoppa and end up watching more than playing
Monas - no more magic roundabouts please
Rose - hopefully not attempting to emulate the Squasher
Kingey - in every respect. When he puts his hand up I am hoping it won't be because he wants to come off.
Witt - I really like him - tough and talented, but how does one lose 10 seconds in decision making time so quickly? My advice - eat more fish.
Morwood - explain again exactly why is he there and Hecks aint!
Dunners - stop spitting chips and let his angry vengeful smurf personality drop some happy pills. May be sitting next to Kylie for long stretches.

Backer - RE: DUNLEY - we need aggression in this team. Too many times last year I saw a player get in a scuffle, only to see opposition players running in, and our wooses like Beaver standing around looking intimidated (Beaver IS a GREAT player - but this has nothing to do with that). It doesn't come across as a close knit team.....The Tigers are an example of what a close knit team can achieve.
Jason King himself told me that Manly are a team of individuals playing a team sport, whereas they WANT to be a team, working for one and other with a common goal. We have too many egos.

Byso - My only real concerns are Monaghan's ability to stop his ego getting the better of him, Witt blending with Orford, and Jason King.

As a whole - I want more aggression, structure, and something we have sorely missed - more X factor.

I can't find a fault in the team this year so far Byso. I think the team as a whole seem pretty solid. Maybe ask this again after 2-3 round of the season proper has been run...

Ok, I could have a go at you here Ryan, but the truth is I admire your optimism

for me not so much any single player,but over the last few years the whole team whenever we got close to the line

i was waiting for the play to break down due to a stuffed play,dropped ball or a stupid penalty,we just could not mount any preasure

that is what bothered me

Near the end of the season I was wincing everytime Matai was tackling, waiting for the high tackle penatly.

Whenever we were attacking our line & in good position & it was the 5th tackle ,the ball would go to our playmaker monas & honestly ,i had no faith in the guy at all.So he would be my pick ,although i think without the captaincy & being our main playmaker this year,he should improve.The whole team bothered me mid year when it didnt seem like anybody was ever attacking the line.The team hopefully will attack the line harder this year whilst regaining our awesome defence that we dominated with in the 1st half of the season.I honestly believe we have the pottential for big things this year ,as long as we can improve our attack.
The other key will be availability, Kennedy,Menzies,Orford staying fit & uninjured !!,with these senior players playing consistent hard football, i think the rest of the team will step up another notch aswell. I am pretty confident come finals time this year we should be there .

Orford - He is used to having a class 5/8 in scott hill and now it appears he will be stuck with Witt. How will he go under the pressure of being the only playmaker?? Having defences running at him without taking a risk because there are no other options?

Matai/Kylie/Kane - between the 3 last season they racked up as many games off the field as on. Add hopper to the list and theres 90% of the suspensions for the year

Monas - 5th tackle

Witt - Defence and passing.

King - As soon as he ran onto the field.

Kylie - Not high again..

Matai - Way too keen for biffo

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4