What made you a Manly Supporter?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
moved to narraweena in 1953 from the cross to gods country played juniors for narraweena with alec tennant who went on to play for manly he was a very tough centre, I was doctors assistant 66 to 72 for team then was zambuck for all the junior teams playing on weekends, district park, keirle park, narrabeen, narraweena all junior grounds. stopped being zambuck in 1995 when moved to qld but heart is still on beaches area and want my ashes dumped onto brookie as i spent more time there than at home so my better half said would not swap any of it ever

It was a fortunate thing to have grown up close enough to be able to walk to Brookie Oval. The start for me was 1967 and Manly was a great team that often could mix it with the glamour clubs. The introduction of footy cards,first from the newspapers then from scanlens intensified the interest,but being a supporter as a kid and seeing the team go from very good to champions is still with me. As a child I remember seeing Mick Vievers cruising around in his Chevvy convertible and thinking thats pretty COOL. I remember the great players of the early 70s including Malcolm Reilly who along with Fulton and Irvine were amazing to watch. Its difficult to mention names because they all deserve a mention and should not be forgotten. The reserve grade team in that era could have beaten plenty of 1st grade teams. Its a great club to support and Im glad to have been a supporter for so many years.

Growing up in Canberra my mother, with no idea about anything rugby league went out and bought two jerseys for my brother and I. Mum came home with a Balmain Tigers and Manly jumper, handing the latter to me! God forbid I could have been a tigers fan!

I used to be a storm supporter but then manly flogged us in 2008 so i switched sides. With the mastermind of our success going to the dogs, i'm thinking of switching again!

Utility Player said:
tugga8 said:
my father (who came from "South" Lismore).
I grew up in South Lismore myself so may know your old man.

The first game of League I ever watched on TV was Manly beating the Dragons in the mid 70's and I have followed them ever since.

My old man is Barry Faulks- he is well into his 60's now.

Sumdumguy said:
I used to be a storm supporter but then manly flogged us in 2008 so i switched sides. With the mastermind of our success going to the dogs, i'm thinking of switching again!

I think you should.

For me it was a choice. From what my old man has told me. I was 3 years old in front of the telly, Manly (my dads team) were versing the chooks (my mums team) they sat me down and dad said pick one, he said i pointed straight to the maroon and white and smiled. Dad said it was one of the proudest moments he'd ever had ! I grew up in Seaforth and used to ride around on my bike with my manly flag on the back every day. Manly will be my team no matter what !

It was passed onto me by family, plus I've lived in the area all my life. Whenever I go to Brookvale, I'm thankful for how lucky I am to have my favourite team based so close to where I live.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6