What is really going on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
If its Barrett/Hastings and TB then comes out and says the players don't want to play with him - that's pretty poor. Why was DCE fined if the beef is between Barrett and Hastings? But when its all said and done, I can't believe that our season and club is at the mercy of Jackson Hastings, of all people. Talk about sad and pathetic. A multi-million dollar business is being derailed by a second grade reject from the roosters.

Nothing quite says derailed more than salary cap cheats, school yard hissy fits, and my favourite ... cultural pranksters.

Hope the current crop of Manly men pranksters have a giggle at their loss today.
Maybe they can egg the Parra bus or spud Arfurs exhaust pipe to get those nasty eely slimies back.

Or maybe they should just all head out to another strip club and lift weights.

No doubt this thing is on a whole ‘nother level, but it’s interesting how TB is so forgiving with players who are underachieving, yet has come down hard on Hastings.
Jacko must’ve really ‘muddied up the creek’.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I see our very own Easter Island Statue has not said a word. What is his actual role at the club?....surely not as a mentor!

grassy

Bencher
No doubt this thing is on a whole ‘nother level, but it’s interesting how TB is so forgiving with players who are underachieving, yet has come down hard on Hastings.
Jacko must’ve really ‘muddied up the creek’.
Also could be that Trent has gotten on really well with the players and some are taking him for granted.That could be a case and a realistic one at that.Dont forget that the players are also obligated by contract to serve the coach as much as the other way round. I can’t see Trent just sacking a player like that for no reason as it don’t make sense especially how he sticks up for them. I think Trent really likes the players and would stick by them. I honestly believe that. As far as his coaching ability goes well I am no expert on that. But I do know we have also played some good games and it has to stand for something.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
Rumour is DCE will have no one at the club who could be "potentially a better half". Being a control freak he divides players when he senses the threat . He did this before and is now a veteran at it. With the long term contract and value he thinks he is indispensable.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Listening to the former 2UE - now Macquarie Sports Radio who knew? - this morning they quoted Trent on the weekend as saying that after the Gladstone game they all had a beer over dinner together and were told that was it for the night, go to bed. Five or six players, including DCE went to the strip club, against instructions from Barrett.
Haven't seen that anywhere else, don't know where they got it.
Hosts are John Stanley and Beau Ryan. Hasler was in the studio with them.

How can you say that, he was a dreadful coach the last few years at the Bulldogs. Outdated tactics, strategies that just didn't work and his trademark stubbornness to change it up. No thanks to Des.. Coaching looked to have passed him by.
Right now we need those outdated tactics just to avoid the spoon. Whilst I don't think Des should come back he was high on playing disciplined footie. That's what is lacking atm.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
The Macquarie Sports Radio people say they have Lyall Gorman in this morning. I gotta work. If anyone can listen, I'm sure we'd all be interested ina recap of what he says!

The Who

Journey Man
Rumour is DCE will have no one at the club who could be "potentially a better half". Being a control freak he divides players when he senses the threat . He did this before and is now a veteran at it. With the long term contract and value he thinks he is indispensable.
I don't believe it.
I suppose he was the reason we didn't get Cronk or Pearce or Hodgkison?
There is no sportsman, especially if he is a captain, who doesn't want his team to win.

manly al

First Grader
Listening to the former 2UE - now Macquarie Sports Radio who knew? - this morning they quoted Trent on the weekend as saying that after the Gladstone game they all had a beer over dinner together and were told that was it for the night, go to bed. Five or six players, including DCE went to the strip club, against instructions from Barrett.
Heard Gorman on radio yesterday mentioning that five Manly players ventured to the strip joint , didn't say whether it was against Barrett's instructions to venture out but he came across quite well with his overall interview . Just hope that he can transfer his confident and business like manner and intentions into some real professional and well functioning and successful outcomes at Manly .

Mitch

Bencher

Gorman has just confirmed this, that after the Titans game Barrett told the playing group after the loss they weren't to head out and 5 of them did.

That is rubbish from those that headed out, especially DCE who it has been documented was there.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Heard Gorman on radio yesterday mentioning that five Manly players ventured to the strip joint , didn't say whether it was against Barrett's instructions to venture out but he came across quite well with his overall interview . Just hope that he can transfer his confident and business like manner and intentions into some real professional and well functioning and successful outcomes at Manly .
Oh **** I thought our wonderful CEO was on holidays!

Jigzkiller

Bencher
Gorman has just confirmed this, that after the Titans game Barrett told the playing group after the loss they weren't to head out and 5 of them did.

That is rubbish from those that headed out, especially DCE who it has been documented was there.

Wow that is poor form we lose coach say's no one go's out and the captain and 4 others decide they will go to the strip club. Captain is meant to set the standard not ruin it **** me.

Yes LyalI did confirm that :

*There was clear direction after dinner that no one would go out
* a group of 5 ventured to the strippers (no names mentioned)
*There is a lack of senior leadership in the team
*Lack of discipline off the field has spilled onto the field
* Re Hastings being dropped to reggies indefinitely : they got this wrong. TB made the announcement before they had all the facts.
* There is room for redemption for Hastings (he will have opportunity to play fg again - contrary to what TB has said).

It was quite a frank discussion from LyalI. There's clearly a lot of issues at the club. DCE for one needs to pull his finger out..same with TB who is red faced for backing the wrong horse in this saga.

Zorba also needs to shut the f-uck up. His mouth is a cancer on the club.

Last edited:

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Yeah you get the feeling that if it was happening in the off season, Hastings may have thought he had first crack at the 6 and Barrett disagreed. Maybe he went at Croker in training or something but Barrett backed Croker which looks to have been a bad bet he doubled down on.

We really need a bye but without one they need to take today and clean this **** up. Game is Friday and nothing short of a win will be a complete failure.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Yes LyalI did confirm that :

*There was clear direction after dinner that no one would go out
* a group of 5 ventured to the strippers (obviously DCE one of them)
*There is a lack of senior leadership in the team
*Lack of discipline off the field has spilled onto the field
* Re Hastings being dropped to reggies indefinitely : they got this wrong. TB made the announcement before they had all the facts.
* There is room for redemption for Hastings (he will have opportunity to play fg again - contrary to what TB has said).

It was quite a frank discussion from LyalI. There's clearly a lot of issues at the club. DCE for one needs to pull his finger out..same with TB who is red faced for backing the wrong horse in this saga.

Zorba also needs to shut the f-uck up. His mouth is a cancer on the club.
Thanks Spartan!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12