What is acceptable now ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how many wins will we be acceptable while Tom is out

• 1-3 wins

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • 4-5 wins

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • 6 wins

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
Tom was our No 1 attacking weapon who set up a large number of our tries. So much will depend on who is put at full back. I have a sense that Hastings would do well. He's fast, tough, defends well, has a fine kicking game, likes to involve himself in the play and is a top goal kicker. He looks like he could fit in well...at least I hope so. It was most distressing that when Tom left the field, Manly fell apart, confidence was down. They need someone back there who they can feel confident about. If they choose someone like J. Wright, I think we'll be in trouble. Another option is Tom Wright, but its a big ask of him this early. Then there's Godinet. Hastings looks to me to be the man for the job. Just hope they also dont shuffle the side around to accommodate him, like using him at 5/8 ad Green at full back. The back line had been working well. Dont touch what works.

Last edited:
Dont touch what works.
This could be a reason to retain Hastings in his bench role as he has been developing well there, and if they go that way my guess is Matthew Wright to fullback. He was pencilled in as left centre before getting injured in preseason, which opened up the opportunity for Kelly to grab. This Wright is tough experienced and versatile.

i think splitting it into 1-2, 3-4 and 5-6 would have been better, i as many have voted for 3 rather than the 1-2 part of 1-3.

What is acceptable now?

A club using its official website to communicate justification for one of its players severely injuring an opposition player.

Everyone should vote 6. Unless they're not a 'true supporter.' :p

* I voted 6. I'm a bit like Glenn Mcgrath that way.

12 points with three wins and two byes
I think the sharks could be poor during the origin period

Just looking at this thread after Tom's injury, and I must say I was looking at 3 wins being a pass mark which we've already hit (given Tom is back now). But bloody good work from the boys during this bye period, we needed to make the most of it and we have which sets us up nicely for the remainder of the season.

Sitting in a log jam for spots in the 8, 2 points covering 2nd - 7th and are 4 points clear of 8th.

need to keep winning but we should be finals bound from here the way we are playing.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8