What is acceptable now ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how many wins will we be acceptable while Tom is out

• 1-3 wins

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • 4-5 wins

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • 6 wins

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
My question is let's say tom is out for the next 8 weeks as said , with 2 bye rounds included with have 6 games to play in that time

Titans (a) , bye , raiders and knights home , bye , sharks(a) warriors home ( Perth) , panthers (a) the tigers at home.

What do we all see as acceptable in terms of wins over this period?

I would say 3 wins is what we should be targeting, if we do that we will be in a good position to have a run at the finals with Tom back.

3 wins a pass mark, any more a bonus , any less almost unacceptable.

Have a feeling Hastings will do quite well there AND improve our goal kicking!
Goal kicking will be critical in our close games and I agree that Hastings will make a difference to what we had

Turbo is not the Messiah, plus he would have been out for Origin anyway. :shake:

Manly need to mature as a team and win no matter who pulls on the jersey.:wait:

The draw looks good and the 2 BYEs will refresh the players for the next 2 months :)

giphy.gif

#NoExcuses

I reckon 5-6 wins, we will survive without turbo, he adds so much to our attack although he adds to an already good attack. Our defence shouldn't alter too much and in fact I still reckon we will develop in that regard, just got to keep learning lessons and keep growing mentally. This will either help us mentally or set us back, it's the fans and players choice, our job to ensure they join together to get through this period rather than give them an excuse.

I think Trent won't allow them to think it's an excuse

Given most games are against clubs below us on the ladder, we should win 3 or 4, and I would be disappointed if it's only 3.

To be positioned well for a finals run we probably need to win a minimum of five from the next seven.

Potentially Titans (away) WIN , Bye , Raiders WIN and Knights home WIN, Bye , Sharks (away) LOSS Warriors home LOSS ( Perth) , Panthers (away) WIN, the Tigers at home WIN.

This is based on who we come up against after Round 19 (Tigers)
20 Dragons WIN Stadium Away
21 Storm AAMI Park Away
22 Roosters Brookvale Oval Home

We could end up winning 3/4 from the last four rounds
23 Tigers Leichhardt Oval Away
24 Bulldogs ANZ Stadium Away
25 Warriors Mt Smart Stadium Away
26 Panthers Brookvale Oval Home

BUT this (3/4) could be academic if we dont go 5/7 (minimum 4/7) up to Round 20.

To be positioned well for a finals run we probably need to win a minimum of five from the next seven.

Potentially Titans (away) WIN , Bye , Raiders WIN and Knights home WIN, Bye , Sharks (away) LOSS Warriors home LOSS ( Perth) , Panthers (away) WIN, the Tigers at home WIN.

21 Storm AAMI Park Away

BUT this (3/4) could be academic if we dont go 5/7 (minimum 4/7) up to Round 20.

I agree with you that round 20-22 stretch will determine if we are to make a run or not.. very tough 3 weeks there.

Pretty much agree with the rest of your assessment of our draw ahead.

21 Storm AAMI Park Away

I think we lose to titans but beat warriors.

4-5 wins from 6 games is what I think we should be hoping for. Our squad is absolute quality.
I have been sceptical of the suggestion that we have a quality roster, but mainly in the context of Barrett bashing, ie, 'he's got a great roster why aren't we braining them' (or even not getting thrashed by Souths).

However as the team has begun to gel into a team with some stable combinations the true quality of our roster is showing through. We have shown in some big games against some for the big teams we can more than hold our own.

Depth is where we have our biggest challenge, for very obvious reasons.

What is accceptable now?

Tackling in the air, forward passes, drugs, being offside, stepping into touch (Harold Matthews), stripping the ball, shoulder charging halfbacks not in possession.

...and refs telling players at a turnover to "use your foot" and then just letting them play on when they don't!

I remember when Snake was at his best, he single-handedly increased our chances of a win by 35% or some crazy figure like that. At this stage, the same can probably be said about Tom T. I still clicked 4-5 wins :p

All the teams we are playing except for the sharks are below us on the ladder and generally having a bad season. Despite losing Tom, I'd be disappointed to lose to any of them besides perhaps the raiders and sharks.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6