What Is A Successful Season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What Is A Successful Season?

• Winning the Premiership 🏆

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Winning the minor premiership 🥇

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Making the Grand Final 🥈

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • Top 4 spot 🥉

Votes: 21 38.2%
  • Make the Finals 🏅

Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other 🃏

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters
What is a successful season

It depends what standards ones sets

1972, 1973, 1976, 1978, 1987, 1996, 2008 , 2011
Ask for what you want and pe prepared to get it 2023

See the source image

Success to me is

Top 4, consistent style, able to compete with the top 8 sides and get in the grind.

Being in contention for winning the comp.

A team that plays like it is a team and gives a ****.

Going into every game thinking we're a chance instead of expecting an ass raping and more often than not those expectations being met #lubemobile

Enjoying watching them play ......

Not being easy beats every week. A team that other teams don't want to play. Instead of a team that other teams already pencil in a win against us.

Front office aligned with the footy team.

Success is basically the complete opposite of this season

Last edited:
Jesus used to say it was a good hooker and a party trick that defined secess (see that water into wine thing and that's also why he hung out with Mary Magdalene).

I think we certainly need a good hooker and a better winning percentage to be more secessful.

That’s right …. As long as we don’t come last I’m happy!

Just sayin’
Sorry, but running second last is not my idea of happiness. I don't need a team that wins every year but I want a team that makes me feel like it's possible to win almost every year.

Successful if we beat Eels, Storm, Chooks, Dogs, Knights and Broncos at least once. So this year was a fail.

Making the grand final is a big one for me. Once in a grand final a team is etched in history win or lose. No-one remembers who made the semi's.

NYEagle

Success for mine is simple. Improvement from the year before both on and off the park. That's ALL I ask. We won 9 out of 24 games this season on the field, and are an embarrassment to sports off it, so the only way is up.

The way the rosters been managed is of real concern though, I'd think we'll take our place in the bottom 2-3, which will be fine if everyone is pulling in the same direction, and we start looking professional.

Last edited:
Preliminary final as a minimum for me...
I reckon that is a year to be proud of whether it is by finishing top-4 and winning 1 final or finishing 5-8 and winning 2 finals...
Having said that, if we then get blown off the park by 30 points in the first half it may sour my favourable view...

Ide say playing second week of the finals onwards is a successful season…

Just scraping into the 8 and making up the numbers only to be thrashed first week is still better than missing the 8 altogether, but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth…

Atleast making week 2 means you made the finals, you beat a team week 1, so your in the mix…

Look at roosters last year… squad decimated with injuries, scraped past titans week 1, got thrashed by manly week two, but I recon their fans would consider it a successful season considering how injury depleted they were and still managed to get to week 2

Maybe a bit simplistic but just a side competing every week with consistency and at least playing to an expected level in relation to their game day line ups irrespective of injury issues Making the 8 or top 4 or a decent shot at a premiership , just an added bonus then . . Quite a few occasions this season when that did just not apply with Manly so more in the unsuccessful season category .Not a lot of plausible excuses on offer also

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8