What if they all go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stevo

First Grader
So assuming the rumours are all true, that Watmough and Matai want out asap what might the team look like next year?

I'm going to assume that Brett Stewart and Dce and Foz stay (why would we release them?)

We need a replacement for Jason King too.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Ben Hannant
11. Justin Horo
12. Trent Merrin
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Josh Starling
17. Jesse Sene-Lefao

You can pretty much guarantee that if Skivvi leaves then Hiku will play centre and Gutho would go to that wing which would be ok but imagine Taufua in top form with Hurrell playing just inside him.

Merrin is another stretch. We really need front rowers. However, If we had more quality in the back row it would allow Dunamis Lui to play up front and not a stop gap back rower like he has been.

Go for your lives!

Stevo said:
So assuming the rumours are all true, that Watmough and Matai want out asap what might the team look like next year?

I'm going to assume that Brett Stewart and Dce and Foz stay (why would we release them?)

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Ben Hannant
11. Justin Horo
12. Trent Merrin
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Josh Starling
17. Jesse Sene-Lefao

You can pretty much guarantee that if Skivvi leaves then Hiku will play centre and Gutho would go to that wing which would be ok but imagine Taufua in top form with Hurrell playing just inside him.

Merrin is another stretch. We really need front rowers. However, If we had more quality in the back row it would allow Dunamis Lui to play up front and not a stop gap back rower like he has been.

Go for your lives!

Nice Stevo!

Stevo said:

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Konrad Hurrell
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Peta Hiku
6. Kieran Foran
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Brenton Lawrence
9. Matt Ballin
10. Ben Hannant
11. Justin Horo
12. Trent Merrin
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Josh Starling
17. Jesse Sene-Lefao

Go for your lives!

Have I missed something with Hurrell?? is there talks or just what you would like to see!

Definitely some power on that edge if it happened.

Anyone know much about Jake T's younger brother playing fullback for the 20's. Joey Johns was saying this kid is a real talent and future star. Gutho, Jake T and his brother must be signed long term. We are producing some good juniors and the last thing we want is 3 potential stars to leave as well.

The thinking there is that if Matai goes to the warriors then where would Hurrell go? There was talk that he was the one they wanted to unload to accommodate Matai.

Max Krillich told a mate of mine that Tom Trebojevic is seen by the club as the next Brett Stewart. Take from that what you will. We are spoiled with great fullbacks at the moment.

Big Willy & Georgie Peorgie IF THEY'RE CHEAP :idea:;)

(I know i know - it sounds like a nursery rhyme at least its kid - friendly)

On his day, Hurrell doesn't need anyone on his outside. He is a powerhouse. However, I would take Matai over Hurrell all day, every day.

Matai is far more consistent week in, week out. On a good day the pairing of Hurrell and Jorge would be fantastic. On a bad day, their pairing could be tremendous weakness in defence.

1. Snake
2. Taufua / Hiku
3. Lyon
4. Hiku / Gerard Beale
5. Gutherson
6. Foz
7. DCE
8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
10. Starling
11. Buhrer
12. Symonds
13. Merrin
14. Sene Lefao
15. Horo
16. Lui
17. J Trbojevic

Move Tafua into the second row. He would be greater twenty minute spells and get some punch on our edges. He can cover wing if injuries arise but that way gutho keeps playing first grade.

I think we've seen the last of Tafua as a winger in first grade.
We have that speedster Delroy Berryman in reserves, and our current backline certainly is lacking in pace.

Stevo said:

1. Brett Stewart - Canberra (wants to play under Ricky)
2. Jorge Taufua - Manly (no better offers)
3. Konrad Hurrell - Warriors (staying put)
4. Jamie Lyon - Parra and Titans (wants redemption at Parra and money from Titans)
5. Peta Hiku - Warriors (regrets not accepting offer before)
6. Kieran Foran - Bulldogs and Roosters (Loves Des and Pearce)
7. Daly Cherry-Evans - Broncos (To be closer to Mackay and the sacked A Griffin)
8. Brenton Lawrence - Titans (Misses the Meter Maids)
9. Matt Ballin - Broncos (Wants to finish career in Qld)
10. Ben Hannant - Titans (Wants to stay in Qld)
11. Justin Horo - Eels (Wants to win 2 comps in 5 years at old club)
12. Trent Merrin - Bulldogs (Have plenty of cap space for more forwards)
13. Jamie Buhrer - Parra (Wants to win 2 comps in 5 years at old club)

14. Jayden Hodges - Brisbane (wants to play with his cuz)
15. Dunamis Lui - Cowboys (to reunite with Robert, who is unrelated)
16. Josh Starling - Souths (will rename himself "Burgess" and replace Sam)
17. Jesse Sene-Lefao - Panthers (closer to his other job)

Go for your lives!

I have heard some legitimate sounding rumours about the above players (as set out above). Assuming they are all true and that the club releases them, our team next year will look like his:

2. Jorge Taufua (but may be dropped to NSW Cup)

We faced this same exodus hysteria in the Super League and the Desgate eras - but Manly still managed to field competitive Teams after each :cool:

I don't think we were that competitive after Super League - 10th in 1998, 13th in 1999 and then we disappeared... I hope this isn't anything like that!!

I'm yet to be convinced regarding Ben Hannant but happy to be proven wrong. One things for certain we are definitely going to need another prop or two in order to stay competitive next year.

Regarding the backs. If we end up letting Steve go (and why should we) I wouldn't mind looking at BJ Leilua. I think under Tooves and Donny Singe he could develop into a great replacement.

Heres my take

Watamouth is gone

Foran will be at the dogs in 16
Skivi will be at warrs in 16

Snake will stay on what hes got then go to UK retirement club (if knees hold out).
Ballin will stay on till 17 then head to UK

DCE will get 1.2 mil and captaincy and he will stay.
Disharmony will continue through into next year.
The generational change is slow.

Only my opinion, not based on fact.

Stevo said:
The thinking there is that if Matai goes to the warriors then where would Hurrell go? There was talk that he was the one they wanted to unload to accommodate Matai.

Max Krillich told a mate of mine that Tom Trebojevic is seen by the club as the next Brett Stewart. Take from that what you will. We are spoiled with great fullbacks at the moment.

Thanks mate, makes sense. Konrad is def a handful on his day wouldn't say no to the idea.

I'm glad they have identified Tom T early they should now put a plan in place to retain him if they know already how good he is going to be. Especially since Joey has made comments about it and I am sure other teams are watching. (And I am sure they are already on top of it).

Some good Fullback spots around for sure, Gutho who is my next fullback in line after Snake.. he seems to just have that touch of class and doesn't let the occasion get to him. Do you think he has the speed to be a real threat from the back? I mean Moylan is doing a great job without being a noted speedster, his skill is surely making up for it.

Id like us to go after Willie Mason and Masoe (was great for the roosters). We need some mongrel in the forward pack again. Whats Gorgeous upto these days?

Haz88 said:
Stevo said:

Thanks mate, makes sense. Konrad is def a handful on his day wouldn't say no to the idea.

I'm glad they have identified Tom T early they should now put a plan in place to retain him if they know already how good he is going to be. Especially since Joey has made comments about it and I am sure other teams are watching. (And I am sure they are already on top of it).

Some good Fullback spots around for sure, Gutho who is my next fullback in line after Snake.. he seems to just have that touch of class and doesn't let the occasion get to him. Do you think he has the speed to be a real threat from the back? I mean Moylan is doing a great job without being a noted speedster, his skill is surely making up for it.

Your spot on with Tom T Haz, but gotta say mate, that Moylan is close enough to a speedster imo, deceptively quick

psau14 said:
Heres my take

Watamouth is gone

Foran will be at the dogs in 16
Skivi will be at warrs in 16

Snake will stay on what hes got then go to UK retirement club (if knees hold out).
Ballin will stay on till 17 then head to UK

DCE will get 1.2 mil and captaincy and he will stay.
Disharmony will continue through into next year.
The generational change is slow.

Only my opinion, not based on fact.

My hearing from someone close, is Canberra have thrown the $$$$$$ at Brett Stewart and thats where he could be going. He won't be going overseas

Its not just the players we are hearing that could be leaving, but there are players leaving in the lower grades as well off like a piece of rotten cheese, must tell you something is not right at the club

maxta said:
Haz88 said:
Stevo said:

Your spot on with Tom T Haz, but gotta say mate, that Moylan is close enough to a speedster imo, deceptively quick

Really? I haven't seen him up close which could be why.. In saying that he doesn't seem to get found out and causes enough problems in attack so I would say your right.

Gutho did sprint away for a try against the cowboys late in that game with Morgan chasing who does have some pace so he does have some toe and the overall package to play fullback imo.

Depending on the rise of Tom T, never seen him play personally so not sure of his size/strength but if there is a rapid rise in Tom T and Snake stays for a couple more years maybe Gutho could find his way to a centre spot.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6