What if Manly relocated?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stadium wise might have to. But as for coming the 'Somewhere Else' Sea Eagles should never happen.
People have said why don't they just become the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles and I turn around and say if that happens the NRL lose a couple of things a) a much needed presence on the North of Sydney and b) the 'bad guy' image that successful sporting teams get as pretrayed by the media.
Often put the question to people if Manly (by becoming the Somewhere Else Sea Eagles)had to change it's location how do you think it would effect crowds for when they play the Sydney teams

Personally i believe when the salary caps are lifted manly will not be able to compete. We will not be able to keep any players. i say enjoy next year and maybe the year after as our champs are still with us. we may have to be the Gosford franchise. as long as we keep our colours and the eagles emblem , it is better than extinction.

Terry-Randal said:
Personally i believe when the salary caps are lifted manly will not be able to compete. We will not be able to keep any players. i say enjoy next year and maybe the year after as our champs are still with us. we may have to be the Gosford franchise. as long as we keep our colours and the eagles emblem , it is better than extinction.

Won't ever happen, thats a great way to play the dogs or roosters vs brisbane every year

Terry-Randal said:

The salary cap will be lifted once the new TV deal begins. In any case the grants from the NRL to each club will match the salary cap so it should ensure all teams are financially viable.

Shoe1 said:
for chrissake fellas please stop talking relocation. The only time it has been brought up post northern eagles has been in the context of trying to get something done about brookie, i.e. if the ground isn't up to scratch we may have to consider moving. No-one wants to move the club, it is really just a "kick up the bum" threat to try and pressure for a brookie upgrade.

It is only topic for discussion, I dont ever think it will happen. The NRL would have too much to lose, I mean the alternative would be the Central Coast Bears, who would you rather have a team that hasnt won a premiership in the past eighty odd years or the most successfull club in the past few years, i know who I would choose.

If manly keep the colours, the logo and there identity they are manly regardless of where they play, and i will support them. Brookvale is good and id miss it and it would always be its spirtual home but it is not Manly,

For those of you who only support manly if they are brookvale , what do you do for away games ???Essentially its just a lot more away games. I think its just a lot of sooking about them not playing at a place that convenient to you, and thats fine. I understand being peeved but giving up on your team, wearing the same jersey, with the same name and history becuase not enough of your neighbours support the team ....well, thats all folks

I love brookie, Manly, the beaches, the corso, the pubs, the ferry ride and as I am not local I would miss that, so i wouldnt want to miss my team as well

Phantar said:
So why bring it up Earnie, if you don't think it will happen? Or are you really Dean Ritchie?

I sense a bit of paranoia there mate. dean Ritchie, I dont know whether that is a compliment or not.Why bring it up? Do you ask that of everyone who starts a thread as to whether they agree with what they are discussing or I am special.
I was only looking for other peoples point of view and the last time I checked we live in a democracy and I can say what I f*****g want! I didnt spend 40 years in the miltary protecting freedom of speech to cop that crap from anyone.

If the move was to Brisbane I would get to see a few more games.
Not sure I would want to go to Suncorp that much.....

As an out of towner the trip the Brooky is all part of the experiance.

I tried to support the Beagles but it was not the same. The Bears made it feel dirty.

But if it was just a move and all else was the same I would still be a fan and member. But I doubt a move would ever be approved as most memebers would be local and wouldn't it have ot be like a 75% vote for to change anything like that?

we belong in Brookvale. other wise it will have to be the closest ground Reub Hudson Oval ;)

If it's the corporate dollars we are after, we can play at Seaeagles Football Stadium or Homebush. We play our finals games there, might as well start there earlier in the season.

Some wouldn't support a move just because they would be inconvenienced,instead of the rest of us trying to get to a public transport blackspot,and a private vehicle nightmare.It's not just a short bus ride,or cab fare for a lot of supporters.Brookie IS hard to get to if you're not one of the chosen few!

I live in kogarah. (sadly, i can see saints leagues from my yard) and i'd hate to see manly relocate although if they played at a different ground but kept name and colours it wouldnt bother me. But obviously the best option is to upgrade brookie. Surely hugh jackman could tip in a few $$$ :p

We need the Dallas Cowboys owner onside!!He has the largest TV screen in the world at Arlington (Cowboys).And,I've heard,that just for the time when someone makes a bigger one,he already has a HUGE Tv in an aircraft hanger,waiting to "kill" them off.That's the kind of sponsor we REALLY need!!$$$ to waste!!

bones said:
The salary cap will be lifted once the new TV deal begins. In any case the grants from the NRL to each club will match the salary cap so it should ensure all teams are financially viable.

You had better pray that the salary cap never gets removed Bones. We would get picked clean and would not be able to compete. The richer clubs would slaughter us.

Why should Manly move?

On the south side of Sydney there are Souths, WstTgrs, Sharks, Dogs, Dragoons & Roosters.

There is one NRL club on the north side of Sydney.

That side of Sydney harbour and Parramatta River as far out as Cherrybrook should all be seen as Manly territory and the club should be looking for sponsors from the coast all the way out there to the Hills Shire.

Why don't Manly do school and shopping centre visits in that huge unaligned area of Sydney?

It's ours.

As others have said, surely the NRL would be mad to have no teams representing Northern part of Sydney, but the NRL is known to be quite mad in it's decision making.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6