What happened to the bunker?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sillybus

Reserve Grader
Correct me if im wrong but wasnt there supposed to be a referee bunker implemented in to the game to double check and correct all calls made throughout all games? What happened to it or is it up and running? I havent heard a thing about it since it was breaking news to be implemented. Surely the double movement try from the dogs that was just allowed would have been overturned when it went to the video ref if there was a bunker. Or is it just the NRL's incompetence to fix the worst part of the game (the refereeing) by not going through with a plan that would actually help the game?

Correct me if im wrong but wasnt there supposed to be a referee bunker implemented in to the game to double check and correct all calls made throughout all games? What happened to it or is it up and running? I havent heard a thing about it since it was breaking news to be implemented. Surely the double movement try from the dogs that was just allowed would have been overturned when it went to the video ref if there was a bunker. Or is it just the NRL's incompetence to fix the worst part of the game (the refereeing) by not going through with a plan that would actually help the game?

The nrl's administrators spent a few hundred thousand travelling to nth america to see the bunker concept in action (eg: the NHL (hockey))

They saw how well it worked then realised that it'd be harder to push their favourite teams through to the grand finals and they decided that they couldn't have this outcome.

To convince us of the problem they said there would be an unacceptable delay in getting pictures from the game to the bunker....because we all know how slow electricity and radio waves move through the world.

How is this post not taking 3 months to reach you?

Ah well you see the nrl are on a special type of electricity that doesn't obey physics....they're just waiting for the nbn upgrade to get things right.

If it does get up, maybe there is a role there for one of our current players post-football.

They could call it the 'Buhrer Bunker'.

Often parties that bang on about transparency are the last ones that really want it. Same as democracy, level-playing fields and consumer choice.

So what happened to the 'captain's call'? Spiked?

Often parties that bang on about transparency are the last ones that really want it. Same as democracy, level-playing fields and consumer choice.

So what happened to the 'captain's call'? Spiked?
It got Buried in the bunker thats full of sand

So, the RL journos are waxing lyrically about the introduction of the Bunker for next season. It is going to fix everything that is wrong with the game, apparently.
Can't wait until some smart-arse hacks into the system, or power is cut to the Bunker. It will mean that the game can't proceed.
Let's now consider having a drone referee to hover over the play and give their rulings via a Big Brother-type loudspeaker.

Just another thought: If the Bunker is needed for adjudicating each match then it will mean the two Friday night games will have to be scrapped, doesn't it, as no two matches can be played at the same time?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7