What else needs to happen? Or will changing our coach be enough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not weekly selectors ,we were **** out of luck regarding props this week.Its the team recruitment.Look at our second row ,Winterstein and Sironen,Average at best is an understatement.
But yes,money tied up and salary cap issues are a problem .But its only round 2 and hoping again for better recruitment next year. #theneverendinggel

I don't think the standard excuse of 'if so and so weren't injured/suspended and on the park instead, it would've been a different result'. The fact is, even with a full strength team on the paddock, there's no structure to our play. It's haphazard! 2016 was rationalised away on the basis of injury, need for new combinations to gel etc etc but at what point does this end? Maybe when Zorba returns the fridge

what worries me more if they do bite the bullet and say see ya trent... in all likelyhood the rest of the season will be a Caretaker Carty Party.. So we'll just get more of the same until someone comes in end of season.

Lets reverse the situation
Take away Sam Burgess Take away John Sutton Take away George Burgess take away Zane Musgrove
And Add Kapow- Add AFB- Add Lussick- Add Parrett
Serious questions , What needs to happen ???
Add Greg Inglis while you're at it.

Fact is we missed a lot of props yesterday and the cap situation won't help this year. The team still looks poorly coached with only individual plays paying off in attack.

Add Greg Inglis while you're at it.

Fact is we missed a lot of props yesterday and the cap situation won't help this year. The team still looks poorly coached with only individual plays paying off in attack.

John Sutton? LOL! The Souths supporters I know would like for him to be out permanently...

Barrett, his coaching staff, Zorba Peters and Fulton in particular, need to go.

Trent Barrett sincerely comes across as a nice guy. However, it is beyond understanding how he was ever given such a prestigious job, based on his mediocre record as the 20s coach at Penrith. The administrations poor handling of the Foran/Cherry-Evans contract negotiations, and Fulton and Zorba Peters undermining of Geoff Toovey, damaged our culture greatly. This along with Fulton's decision to exit Gutherson, Ballin, Hiku, Symonds and in particular the impressive Jamie Buhrer, has been damaging.

We have brought in the highly overrated Nate Myles, the uninspiring Lewis Brown, along with the problematic trio of Walker, Koroisau and Sironen. The latter three also possess a poor work ethic and attitude.

In order to fix this, we need hard nose and real Manly people back. The type that understand culturally who we are.

Trent Barrett isn't the issue. He isn't the reason all of our recent recruiting have been complete duds. This is a man that publicly endorsed Jamie Buhrer many times last year and wanted him to captain the side in 2017. He doesn't have a say in who we buy, and that is the main issue.

He isn't exactly a master coach but he is not the biggest problem. The real problem is Bob 'everything I have touched in the last 15 years turned to **** cause I am a nepotistic spastic' Fulton. Until he is gone we better get used to the bottom of the ladder.

He tore apart a winning culture for no good reason and replaced it with Curtis Sironen, Lewis Brown and the other members of the goof troupe.

Trent Barrett isn't the issue. He isn't the reason all of our recent recruiting have been complete duds. This is a man that publicly endorsed Jamie Buhrer many times last year and wanted him to captain the side in 2017. He doesn't have a say in who we buy, and that is the main issue.

He isn't exactly a master coach but he is not the biggest problem. The real problem is Bob 'everything I have touched in the last 15 years turned to **** cause I am a nepotistic spastic' Fulton. Until he is gone we better get used to the bottom of the ladder.

He tore apart a winning culture for no good reason and replaced it with Curtis Sironen, Lewis Brown and the other members of the goof troupe.

They just had Matthew Johns on 2mmm and he couldn't praise ferris enough. Said he was a smart footballer, good talker and a great human being. The bloke loved playing for us and we shafted him. Would have loved his passion and commitment yesterday and we probably wouldn't have won but we would have been a lot closer.

Some good points @BOZO although Baz has very few chances to go, no matter how many players we miss the side needs to lift. This was Toovey's strength, look at 2015's side yet they nearly made the finals. We had some OK replacements in the pack and Baz obviously hasn't built that mentality as they fell quite easily to the bunnies, the pack didn't fit in to the game plan especially in defence as they didn't shift causing plenty of easy tries on our edges.

What needs to happen is we need to improve on a record of 8 wins and 18 defeats of what we have seen since Barrett/Fulton started running the show especially when we were told that the reason for changing things in 15 is "that we are in a results business" The writing is on the wall. Barrett/Fulton I think have 6 weeks to get it right or they have to go!!

I was surprised to read that Brian Kelly said he hadn't yet met matai, Stewart or Jamie Lyon. Lyon I can understand, he has no obligation to the club anymore. But matai and Stewart do and I would have thought their mentoring of the kids would be invaluable. That sounds like a missed opportunity to me.
The club's a mess from the owners on down and what you state here is a perfect example.
And to the earlier poster - culture is vital. If you've ever worked in a place with a toxic culture you'd know that.

Can someone tell me how much Stewart and Matai were on? This $1.5 million figure seems a bit extreme. By the season's end I feel this figure will have grown to $4.5 million!

Not at all, not hard to think with possible backending that Stewart could be on $850k and Mattai $650k.

I think 1.3 is possibly more likely though.

In all the doom and gloom on here it can never be forgotten that we are operating on 20% less salary cap ( approx) than any other club.

Four extra props does not make quicker play the balls.
Four extra props does not help the backs make tackles.
Four extra props does not make team structure.
Four extra props will not mean Api, Green, Brown and Myles will be off the field.
NYEagle

Can someone tell me how much Stewart and Matai were on? This $1.5 million figure seems a bit extreme. By the season's end I feel this figure will have grown to $4.5 million!
As they are both retired, or in the process - their payouts won't be part of our Cap.

There was a news piece on Matai being moved into the Training division. So he gets his monies but Manly get him off the Cap

Snake situation is still being sussed out it seems

This comp is so unpredictable.
One thing that is constant is the performance of the Storm. They have not lost their first match since Bellamy became coach, and again this year they are top of the leader board after two rounds.
They are rarely featured on free to air TV; they don't get to play every Friday like the Donkeys, they have no juniors; yet you know they will always be competitive.
I don't like the Storm, but I admire their professionalism. We, on the other hand, look like amateurs. Just look how much better Green played for Melbourne than his first two efforts for us. That's no co-incidence.

1. Getting back taupau, afb, lussick will help.
2. Continue to invest in the leadership roles of the Turbo brothers.
3. Use the season to determine whether players like Walker should be re-signed at marquee $'s
4. Use the season to determine whether the likes of Sironen, Taufua, Uate have a future at the club.
5. Use the season to see how good the likes of Kelly, Cullen and Hastings are
6. Identify what talent we should sign next season and whether they can help re-build our culture.
7. Get the likes of Snake, Gift, Matai, Lyon, King, Robbo, ANY recent Manly player to work with the club and players and BRING BACK THE MANLY CULTURE AND SPIRIT.

Great post Ron E. What else needs to happen? Simple: common sense needs to prevail. In any code when losses are the norm they GO BACK TO BASICS. In our case the issue is: we have totally lost our culture and our tradition: Never give in and defend like hell. Play for each other. Be proud to wear the maroon and white. The coach cannot understand this because he's didn't play for us when we had a culture. The star players in our club DCE don't get it - it seem he cares a lot about himself. He doesn't seem to give a stuff about our traditions - he never speaks about it. I have faith in one person: Cleary. Sack Bozo Cleary, then Barrett and weed out anyone who doesn't understand what we stand for. I hope Cleary can get the club back to what will make Manly great: our unique culture.
Bazeagle.. smartest post I've read in the past few days!! Spot on mate.
Manlys great culture always got us through but unfortunately it's gone.
I'm happy to lose games with players that are not up to standard but it's the way we lost yesterday which is disappointing... Zoolander has never won anything in his life and a born loser. That's the culture he brings !

As they are both retired, or in the process - their payouts won't be part of our Cap.

There was a news piece on Matai being moved into the Training division. So he gets his monies but Manly get him off the Cap

Snake situation is still being sussed out it seems
Maybe, but it's a bit late to spend that money for this year now...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8