What else needs to happen? Or will changing our coach be enough?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
One thing that is constant is the performance of the Storm. They have not lost their first match since Bellamy became coach, and again this year they are top of the leader board after two rounds.
They are rarely featured on free to air TV; they don't get to play every Friday like the Donkeys, they have no juniors; yet you know they will always be competitive.
I don't like the Storm, but I admire their professionalism. We, on the other hand, look like amateurs. Just look how much better Green played for Melbourne than his first two efforts for us. That's no co-incidence.

Agree on almost every point, except that Melbourne may not have their own local juniors, but from the start they've had the pick of some very good Queensland junior pathways, plus the chequebook to throw at anyone else they'd like to make into a Queenslander (looking at you, Greg Inglis and Israel Folau). There's a bit less 'chance' in the juniors they bring through, compared to other clubs where it's mostly luck of the draw what talent happens to be born/grow up in their catchment.

Melbourne Storm is really Bronco's V.2.

QLD pathways , supported by News Ltd, extra funding from NRL, wonderful stadium.

They don't need juniors when their feeder clubs are north of the border!
That may be true but you can't argue that their coaching must be so superior to us, and other NRL clubs. Just look at two players: Chayse Blair and Blake Green, and you'll see what I mean.

1. Getting back taupau, afb, lussick will help.
2. Continue to invest in the leadership roles of the Turbo brothers.
3. Use the season to determine whether players like Walker should be re-signed at marquee $'s
4. Use the season to determine whether the likes of Sironen, Taufua, Uate have a future at the club.
5. Use the season to see how good the likes of Kelly, Cullen and Hastings are
6. Identify what talent we should sign next season and whether they can help re-build our culture.
7. Get the likes of Snake, Gift, Matai, Lyon, King, Robbo, ANY recent Manly player to work with the club and players and BRING BACK THE MANLY CULTURE AND SPIRIT.

That sounds a good plan to me, are you available Crusher? You used to do some fine recruiting for us!

1. Getting back taupau, afb, lussick will help.
2. Continue to invest in the leadership roles of the Turbo brothers.
3. Use the season to determine whether players like Walker should be re-signed at marquee $'s
4. Use the season to determine whether the likes of Sironen, Taufua, Uate have a future at the club.
5. Use the season to see how good the likes of Kelly, Cullen and Hastings are
6. Identify what talent we should sign next season and whether they can help re-build our culture.
7. Get the likes of Snake, Gift, Matai, Lyon, King, Robbo, ANY recent Manly player to work with the club and players and BRING BACK THE MANLY CULTURE AND SPIRIT.

You know you I would throw in there
BK and Kite... front row coaches and mentors
Jake T would go to another level in his game.

That may be true but you can't argue that their coaching must be so superior to us, and other NRL clubs. Just look at two players: Chayse Blair and Blake Green, and you'll see what I mean.
I have gotten a bad feeling about Green ,Hope this changes and he starts killing it...

Not at all, not hard to think with possible backending that Stewart could be on $850k and Mattai $650k.

I think 1.3 is possibly more likely though.

In all the doom and gloom on here it can never be forgotten that we are operating on 20% less salary cap ( approx) than any other club.

Matai $650,000? Sorry, I can't believe this figure. I don't think Stewart would have been extended for $850,000 either, considering his injuries.

If these figures are true, what a sad indictment on the club. Both were on their last legs.

Its like changing staff in a work place , it can go either way, but in the end after time things more then likely work out . Im not suggesting sack or keep the coach but i dont think he is all to blame . Years ago if you lost 1 maybe 2 players it would be like wtf , well we are changing 15 a year so i guess there were always going to be early problems. We'll turn it around.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12